Battle.net app installation stuck on 65%

Battle.net app installation stuck on 65% i try a download again, remove all support files from Library folder, etc. still not work.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue on my 2009 Mac Pro. It starts to install and has gotten as high as 77% (sometimes less) before it drops back down to 65% and sits there.

I've re-downloaded the files several times. I've rebooted and I've deleted the battle.net folder out of users\shared. I've also tried just installing battle.net rather than Hearthstone but it's the same (though it seems to make it farther using the Hearthstone download).

Battle.net had been installed previously on this machine but when I first encountered issues installing Hearthstone (it kept saying it was waiting for another download even though I checked all of the other games and they were up to date so I thought maybe it was the battle.net upgrade it was waiting for) I removed it.
Reply Quote
Update - I copied the files from my Macbook Air and it's now working.
Reply Quote
Mine is also stuck at 65% on attempting to install for the first time...
Reply Quote
When i copy Battle.net.app from another macbook its working.
Reply Quote
Things I've noticed -

Computer 1 - iMac
> When attempting to install from Hearthstone Installer - Unable to install - gets stuck at 65%
> When attempting to install from Battle.net app it reports it cannot connect to the battle.net server
> Repaired Disk permissions - same results
> Verified disk - Its okay - same results
> Attempted install in a KG (known good) user with admin rights - same result
> Attempted both installs on a KG network with no security - same result
> Installed all software/firmware updates (Now running 10.8.5) - same result

This machine's User account is setup on a network as a Network Mobile Account (User ID is >1000). When attempting to install/download Battle Agent it reports 300mb and gets stuck at 65%

Computer 2 - MacBook Pro
100% fresh computer
> Attempted to install using the Hearthstone installer - it required the Battle.net App
> Attempted to install using the Battle.net app - cannot connect to the server
> Tested on a KG network - same result
> renamed:
Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Battle.net folder to Battle.net.old
Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Blizzard folder to Blizzard.old
> Attempted install again - same result
> Console reports that it is looking for the Blizzard Agent and is finding multiple instances of it.
> Found that I had several (about 4-5) Blizzard Agent.apps all in the same place
> Deleted them all
> Removed all instances of Battle.net Desktop App and Hearthstone
> Fresh download of Battle.net Desktop App - it installed Okay
> Attempted to install Hearthstone - it installed okay

As far as Computer 1 - iMac I am still trying to figure it out - I have a suspicion that it has more to do with the network I'm on not allowing something through. I just wanted to see if anyone else is a user who isn't ~501-510 and see if that has any effect on it. Generally most Personal computers only have 1-5 User accounts on them (the USER ID normally is 501 if you only have 1 account) so I'm curious if the other folks are on networked accounts that could be causing an issue.

To check your USER ID go to
"System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Unlock Lock (if it isn't already) -> Right Click (CTRL+Click) your User account and select 'Advanced Options'"

NOTE: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING HERE

If its something outrageous such at 1027 (like my iMac) you could be on a network account.

Hope this helps anyone!
Edited by TekkaFrost on 10/8/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just got a chance to install on my

Macbook (17" Late 2011)

OS X 10.8.5 (12F45).

Using my admin account.

This happened on my initial install. Eventually decided something was wrong and killed it and tried again. Same behavior. Seems to be moving along happily then hangs at "Installing Battle.net... (65%)".
Reply Quote
Just got a chance to install on my

Macbook (17" Late 2011)

OS X 10.8.5 (12F45).

Using my admin account.

This happened on my initial install. Eventually decided something was wrong and killed it and tried again. Same behavior. Seems to be moving along happily then hangs at "Installing Battle.net... (65%)".

One additional (surprising) note: despite being hung it appears to be using a good amount of CPU between 60% and 65% on my box.
Reply Quote
same problem here, can't install, just stuck.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue as well. Rumour has it that patching all other Blizzard products (WoW,SC2,D3 fixes the issue) -- downloading a ton of SC2 updates now to try to fix.

FYI -- This is not a Mac specific problem.

EDIT -- did not work...
EDIT2 -- got it working. Patch all Blizzard games, Deletion Application Data, Run As Admin, walk away for an hour.
Edited by Logansolo on 10/18/2013 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Similar as above.

Try 1: Started the installer, checked back it was at 65%. Canceled and tried again.
Try 2: Started the installer, watched it to to 73%, then drop back down to 65% and hang up there. Canceled and tried again.
Try 3: Started the installer, this time it went all the way.

Seems like canceling and retrying over and over is the best workaround for now. Actual install didn't take very long.
Reply Quote
+1 for another person stuck here. Clearly some install problems on Mac. No blue response. Sad panda.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. I'm stuck on 83%. I feel like I have tried everything. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Same prob here x( windows xp sp3, at 68%.
Reply Quote
Please check you are not behind a firewall and make sure you have an unblocked internet connection.

Let me know if it works!
Reply Quote
I think I may have found my issue that was hanging my install. I am running on a case-sensitive file system. I am about to reformat to a non case-sensitive file system. I will report if this fixes my install hanging @ 65%. Steam won't run on it either =/
Reply Quote
Thanks it's working for me when i removed the firewall!
Reply Quote
Also not working and stuck at 65% or so, and I just got my beta key in the mailbox :/
Please help!
Reply Quote
Same problem here.... but instead it gets stuck on 64 for a while then it goes up to 65 and then doesnt move.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]