installation error

I keep getting Failed to open a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.
Error Codes: BLZPTS0000F, BLZAPPBTS0000F, BLZBNTBTS0000F i have followed the trouble shooting steps, it told me to deleate certain files i cannot find those files. I need the Windows 7 directions to those files please hopefully that will work if not i will be back
Reply Quote
Windows

Close any Blizzard programs (Agent.exe, game launchers, and game installers)
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to bring up the Task Manager.
Click the Processes tab.
Select running Blizzard programs and click End Process.
Try launching again. If the issue persists, delete the following files and folders and then try again after each. Be sure to show hidden files and folders first.
Click Start (Windows Key + Q in Windows 8) and select Computer.
Windows XP: Click Start and select My Computer.
Double-click C:, then ProgramData, then Battle.net, then Agent.
Windows XP: Double-click C:, then Documents and Settings, then All Users, then Application Data, then Battle.net, then Agent.
Delete agent.db and try launching again.
If the issue persists, go back one folder, delete the Agent folder and try launching again.
If the issue persists, go back one folder, delete the Battle.net folder and try launching again.

I HAVE WIN 7 HOW DO I GET TO THOSE FILES PLEASE ANYone???????????
Reply Quote
C:\ProgramData is the correct path

u probably need to show hidden files, here's a tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/
Reply Quote
thank so very much
Reply Quote
thank updating agent now, crossing fingers it won't stall out and stop like first time.
Reply Quote
I began the launcher/agent install, it stopped at about 66 %, I went to Blizz to come here to see what to do next, saw the new launcher beta agent install. As soon as I started installing that the hearthstone launcher/agent update completed and I am now down loading the game. Updating this info so incase anyone else has my problem. Also try installing the new beta game launcher. that fixed it all. ( fingers crossed)
Reply Quote
Yeah had the same problem in Win7 and didn't realize ProgramData was hidden because I already had revealed hidden files (but not hidden folders).

Now it's installing properly.
Reply Quote
wow thank you!
Reply Quote
I've tried all of this and it still hangs at 66% at install. Really Blizz if you want me to play your new game, it really should be a lot easier than this. The mount isn't worth the hassle and I doubt the game is fun enough to be worth the effort either. I've spent 2 hours trying to get this stupid game to install.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]