Launcher wont start

Download mac os installation, unzip and packed wont start. OS 10.8.4
Reply Quote
I have this same issue. When I try to run the setup it starts to pop up in my dock but goes away. I'm running 10.8.5. I also have this same problem with the WoW PTR setup..
Reply Quote
I am having this same issue with my OSX client setup, running 10.7.5.

I also tried just installing the new launcher app, with the same result when I run the setup for that.
Reply Quote
Update: I just used the Battle.net launcher to install Hearthstone after I had applied the beta key to my account. Seems to be working fine.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. I am running 10.8.5. I also tried to instal Battle.net launcher but this does not work as well since it does exactly the same as the hearthstone launcher.
Reply Quote
im runnin 10.7.5 and having the same issues with both installation packs, has anyone had any luck?
Reply Quote
Just realized I got into the beta a couple days ago! Unfortunately I'm having the same launcher issues. Neither the Hearthstone launcher nor the new Battle.net launcher are working. OS version 10.7.5.
Reply Quote
Have the same errors in OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Battle.net beta and hearthstone-beta can't launch, the same problem with russian version(Battle.net-Beta-Setup-ruRU / Hearthstone-Beta-Setup-ruRU)
Reply Quote
I am having the same issues.. I tried to go and install the launcher separately but once I unzip the file I can't open the installer.

Running OSX 10.8.4
Edited by wolfbitee on 10/9/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OSX 10.8.5, same issues as above.
Reply Quote
Somebody from Blizzard read this forum ? :(
Reply Quote
I'm experiencing the same issue. OS X (10.7.5)
Reply Quote
update winzip on mac
Reply Quote
Hello all I solve problem with changing "Keka archiver" to "Archive Utility 10.8". And all work.
Reply Quote
I've found that this resolves several different issues with me.
1) Can't launch the Battle.net app
2) Hearthstone "launches" but doesn't actually launch resulting in the Battle.net app thinking its running (Play is grayed out)
3) Freezing during Launch of Hearthstone
4) Several different "Cannot update Agent" issues
5) Several different Battle.net app connection issues

I found during troubleshooting and found I had 10+ instances of the Agent process. They may not be closing properly when the app is quit or force quit. Just a hunch

Give it a try if you wish:

> Quit or Force Quit the Battle.net desktop app and any Blizzard games (WoW, Diablo III, SCII, Hearthstone)

> Open Activity Monitor (/Applications/Utilities)

> in the top right corner there is a "Filter" section - directly to the left is a drop down that may say "My Processes" - change it to "All Processes" - This will show you all background processes

> Sort by process name by clicking once or twice on the "Process Name" column

> Find the following Process(s) - there may be multiple instances of it
Process Name: Agent
User: $yourusername
% CPU: 0.0

> Highlight each and click on "Quit Process" in the top left corner

> A new window will pop in and ask you what you want to do - select "Force Quit"

> Repeat for all instances of the "Agent" process

> Relaunch Battle.net desktop app

edit forgot this:
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)
Edited by TekkaFrost on 10/15/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried what suggested my @IOpuk and use the Archive Utility instead of the Keka Archiver and it worked for me. Thanks @IOpuk !
Reply Quote
I have tried all these ways and still cannot figure it out, getting frustrated
Reply Quote
What exactly does this mean, in English please lol.. pardon my stupidity
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 04:14 AMPosted by IOpuk
Hello all I solve problem with changing "Keka archiver" to "Archive Utility 10.8". And all work.
This works!!
Reply Quote
This worked for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]