Nerf beast synergies.

(Locked)

Unbeatable hunter combo:

a bunch of cheap beasts, a timber wolf and unleash the hounds. From 25 hp to 0 at turn 6 with a sen 'jin up and two holy nova's in my hand.

Just limit the number of beast affected by unleash the hounds or up the cost already. It is gettting really annoying now playing against beast decks over and over again.
EDIT: Nevermind.
Edited by KadaverBB on 10/5/2013 5:22 AM PDT
thats one of the strength of hunter decks, its like murloc, you have to shut down his beast fast or they will become "beasts".
10/06/2013 02:02 AMPosted by Andre
thats one of the strength of hunter decks, its like murloc, you have to shut down his beast fast or they will become "beasts".

I don't think you understand the strategy he's talking about. The only feasible counters are Explosive Trap or Counterspell. Might be a few more Secrets I'm not thinking of.
this is the only deck I seem to play against anymore, its like 60% of the games I get in "play" mode are the same hunter deck, either nerf this or buff something else, just don't make me face the exact same deck over and over again. The one priest deck I built to counter it, can't beat anything else, so this game is losing its interest in terms of deck variations.
Yeah its really, really powerful, and super cheap. The Vulture is the real key to the deck though.
I don't know what you are talking about. I have been playing against a ton of decks that aren't just the beast stampede. The synergies are strong but thats really the most of what Hunter has going for it
its like nobody has played against an elf deck before. the deck is about synergy and creating a machine. the best way to stop the machine is to take out the cogs before the machine is built. if your talking about Hunter OTK. the best thing you can do is make sure you either have cards on hand to break its rhythm (liiiike a tempo/mid range deck) or have a better rush deck to fight it (murloc). its not hard. in any CCG theres gonna be a meta and certain strategies will be top tier. just play different decks to compensate.
That deck is popular because it is cheap and can be done without any rare. It however gets destroyed by master-level decks. I haven't crossed a hunter in a long time, except for guys obviously doing their dailies when you couldn't choose the class.
You can also play warrior, which annihilates hunter decks prettily.
10/09/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Andromalius
That deck is popular because it is cheap and can be done without any rare. It however gets destroyed by master-level decks. I haven't crossed a hunter in a long time, except for guys obviously doing their dailies when you couldn't choose the class.

Funny because at least 50% of the decks I see at masters are this exact Hunter deck, hoard cards until turn 7 - drop beasts, unleash, kill command the taunt if needs be and win.
If you reach 3-Star Master, you'll face plenty of decks that are quite adept at countering this deck. I fought a Paladin who ran a Divine Shield deck and it was just nuts.
You need to use your early removal on the cards that buff other beasts or have gotten buffed and need an answer or you'll lose the game. Hunter's are really fine tbh with you. I do fine against them with my shaman control deck.
10/06/2013 06:12 AMPosted by tangmcgame

I don't think you understand the strategy he's talking about. The only feasible counters are Explosive Trap or Counterspell. Might be a few more Secrets I'm not thinking of.

Or board control? Its just like moaning about bloodlust - if you let another player stack his board with minions and you do not react quickly enough you are going to loose, regardless of class or synergies.
please nerf every class that beats me please......
board control LOL? that is worthless when they play all the minions on the same turn and have charge.
Unbeatable hunter combo:

a bunch of cheap beasts, a timber wolf and unleash the hounds. From 25 hp to 0 at turn 6 with a sen 'jin up and two holy nova's in my hand.

Just limit the number of beast affected by unleash the hounds or up the cost already. It is gettting really annoying now playing against beast decks over and over again.

1) how did he beat you on turn 6?
2) how did he get past your taunter?
3) how did he do both of these things in one turn?

Best case scenario: 2 dragonhawks, 1 owl, 1 wolf, 1 unleash. Total of 18 damage. What chipped away at the other 12 health in earlier turns? I've never known any hunter build I've seen that has been based around this combo be able to do so much damage early game.

So, this leads me to conclude that either:

1) You had the worst draw of your life. Don't blame the opponent's deck on your bad draw.
2) Your deck did nothing and you'd lose against a normal opponent anyway.
3) You're lying.
10/06/2013 06:12 AMPosted by tangmcgame

Snipe, Misdirection, Freezing Trap, Ice Barrier, Vaporize, Noble Sacrifice.

The Hunter's combo rarely has so many minions on board that it can exceed fatal damage significantly. If you can manage to take just one minion out, he probably won't do fatal, leaving him vulnerable to a massive AOE or beastly taunter the next turn.

The trick to beating this deck is learning what it does. The VAST majority of wins this deck gets are because the opponent is simply not used to playing against it. It acts like no other deck out there, and needs to be responded to accordingly. If you know what you're doing, it's far from impossible to beat.
Counterspell?
15 damage in one turn, after having zero minions on the board. Huntards are for bad players, just like priests. ZERO skill.
10/22/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Fame
15 damage in one turn, after having zero minions on the board. Huntards are for bad players, just like priests. ZERO skill.

15 in one turn is nothing. I've done 38 in one turn, on turn 7, with nothing on board at the beginning of the turn. Wasn't even with a Hunter. Go figure that one out.

Every class can do significant damage in one turn. I guess that means every class is OP?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]