Savagery

Can someone please tell me the use of this card after the changes? I just recently switched to druid and I don't know if it was overpowered pre patch, maybe it was. But now looking at the card, it can only be played with another attack buffing card (unless you want an amazing one damage to be dealt, for which wrath is way better). And then it still only attacks a single target, and not even the enemy hero.

There are so many better spell options that have the flexibility to do aoe damage or card draw as well. This card totally irritates me when it comes up in arena draft. Am I missing something here?
Reply Quote
By the looks of it, it is a bad card for arena. I don't know the use of the card... it works with claw I think and/or bite for mid/late game removal I guess (if I understand it correctly).
Reply Quote
Pre-patch the card was used in combo with other cards,

Post-patch the card is used in combo with other cards, at a lower cost and with less potency.
Reply Quote
It is a combo card. It cant be relied upon in arena unless you have previously taken a bunch of bite/claw. If you have it can be a very mana efficient nuke.
Reply Quote
terrible card. cost should be 0.

druids dont use weapons. so you ahve to combo this with a bite/claw. but then it's 3 cards for one minion nuke????

while a warrior can just have one damage done to a minion and he can execute a minion for 1 cost...
Reply Quote
Well thanks anways. I'm not really convinced to use it now. Guess I'll just avoid it all together.
Reply Quote
they should at least stick a "draw a card" on it OR make it target 2 targets.

you sacrifice 2 cards at least to do damage to a single card atm, so using it costs you card advantage. in order to regain that, it either needs to give a card back (so that you will be even 2 for 2) or it need to target two seperate targets (to again keep it 2 for 2)
Reply Quote
Agreed, played Druid up to Level 31 pre-wipe. I don't see any compelling reason to use this card anymore and suspect it will sit unused in most people's libraries going forward (if nothing changes). Frankly, I didn't really feel like it needed any sort of adjustment at all (other Druid changes I completely see the rationale). That said, Druid is still a very competitive and fun class. It would be great to see this card revisited, but not a make or break situation by any means.
Reply Quote
I really only wish it did your hero damage +1. It would be an amazing card then.

Right now it is still very useful but if it had that effect it would be great.
Reply Quote
they should at least stick a "draw a card" on it OR make it target 2 targets.

you sacrifice 2 cards at least to do damage to a single card atm, so using it costs you card advantage. in order to regain that, it either needs to give a card back (so that you will be even 2 for 2) or it need to target two seperate targets (to again keep it 2 for 2)

Actually it's 2 for 2 as is. You cast bite, then use savagery to kill one minion and your attack buffed by bite to kill another. So it doesn't cost you card advantage.
Reply Quote
well we guys have to post on the boards about the card being way too weak for Blizzard officials to see. Here I have another topic in the general board:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10357125701

I really think this card needs a buff ASAP. it's just garbage right now.
Reply Quote
Savagery is a dead draw unless you have bite in hand, so yes it's terrible.

I expect it will get re-worked into something completely different soon.
Reply Quote
I really like Savagery, like pop a claw attack a mineon with savagery and then attack
the hero with your hero
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]