Error 10200249 - Unable to make purchases

(Sticky)

Support Forum Agent
Hey Hearthers!

If you are receiving this error when attempting to make purchases inside Hearthstone, it means that you or someone else (hopefully a parent) has activated Parental Controls on your Battle.net account at some point in the past.

If you find yourself receiving this error, you will need to place a check next to the Allow Real-Money Auction House Usage option in the Parental Controls management screen. Afterward, you can optionally remove the parental controls entirely. We are in the process of converting this RMAH option into a generic "allow spending money in-game" option, and we apologize that the current title is misleading.

Additionally, we'll look into making the 10200249 error message more on point with what's causing it to trigger. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work our way through Beta!

EDIT: If the Allow Real-Money Auction House Usage option doesn't show up, you may need to add a Diablo III Starter edition to toggle it. This is a known issue that we are working to fix as well. Thanks!
Edited by Machkhan on 10/6/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the fact that my account conveniently had parental controls set up on it very close to if not immediately after the recent patch (I could make purchases just fine a few weeks ago) when nobody I know besides me knows that battle.net even has parental controls is a bit odd.

Nobody I know set these controls up and I want to know why I have them currently. I'm over 18 so I'm trying to get them removed ATM.
Edited by Naajj on 10/5/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Protip: If RMAH protection is disabled, enable it *before* disabling parental controls as removing parental controls while it's still disabled can cause you to still get 10200249! (Happened to my brother a few minutes ago.)
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Naajj
I think the fact that my account conveniently had parental controls set up on it very close to if not immediately after the recent patch (I could make purchases just fine a few weeks ago) when nobody I know besides me knows that battle.net even has parental controls is a bit odd.

/removes your tinfoil hat

Like I was inferring in my last post, it's possible that you've had parental controls on your account forever (my friend had it since 2007 but didn't realize it until today), but since you may not play Diablo III, the RMAH being disabled was never something you noticed.

Now that they added this protection in the last build, it's something that's affected you, and something that needs addressing.
Edited by Broloth on 10/5/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright, apparently some mystical non-parent entity set up the controls for me at some point, but they're gone now. Sorry for the fuss, just been really frustrating since it's an issue I shouldn't have had in the first place.
Edited by Naajj on 10/5/2013 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I think the fact that my account conveniently had parental controls set up on it very close to if not immediately after the recent patch (I could make purchases just fine a few weeks ago) when nobody I know besides me knows that battle.net even has parental controls is a bit odd.Nobody I know set these controls up and I want to know why I have them currently.

I definitely understand why this seems a bit unusual, but thankfully I can answer it in two bullet points:

- The RMAH setting only started affecting Hearthstone with the recent patch.

- Even if your parental controls were activated seven years ago by a guardian or an account compromiser that wanted to mess with you, that RMAH setting would still have toggled to "disallow" by default when we first released Diablo III as a safety precaution. As mentioned in bullet point #1, that setting did not affect you until Wednesday's patch.

Does that make sense? It's basically a flowchart that may have spanned several years.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Protip: If RMAH protection is disabled, enable it *before* disabling parental controls as removing parental controls while it's still disabled can cause you to still get 10200249! (Happened to my brother a few minutes ago.)

Hmph. That's irritating. I'll test that sequence out myself, but in the interim I've updated the sticky to match your findings. Thanks, Broloth!

UPDATE: I wasn't able to replicate your results, Broloth, but I'll leave the instructions alone for now. Best to play it safe.
Edited by Kaltonis on 10/5/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Kaltonis

Hmph. That's irritating. I'll test that sequence out myself, but in the interim I've updated the sticky to match your findings. Thanks, Broloth!

UPDATE: I wasn't able to replicate your results, Broloth, but I'll still leave the instructions alone for now. Best to play it safe.

Definitely! Thanks.
Reply Quote
I'm getting an Error code: 10200206 instead. It's related to not being able to make a purchase, I've already done the steps you pointed out but it still doesn't work. Solutions?
Reply Quote
Also, if you don't have D3 on your account at all, you won't be able to Enable or Disable the RMAH, so if you're getting error 10200249, you'll have to add a D3 trial to be able to toggle RMAH on or off.
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Maverickjo
I'm getting an Error code: 10200206 instead. It's related to not being able to make a purchase, I've already done the steps you pointed out but it still doesn't work. Solutions?

It's happening the same to me. Do you have any solution so far?
Edited by Manjyome on 10/5/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Manjyome

It's happening the same to me. Do you have any solution so far?

Nope, no idea what to do other than what Blizzard staff told us, it worked for some people but didn't work for others, different error codes.
Reply Quote
Ups, actually I'm getting the error code 10200244 now.
Reply Quote
It's still bugged for me, any ETA on when this will be fixed? I already followed the steps the blue post pointed out and it didn't work, a bunch of my friends are also having the same issue. I really wanna give you money Blizzard, but you're not letting me do it.
Reply Quote
Yep getting the same error 10200244, started happening after the patch. Using MasterCard and I know its not the bank, talked to them already...
Reply Quote
I'm using visa and they said the bank is not the problem. I don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
10/06/2013 06:29 PMPosted by filipeg165
Yep getting the same error 10200244, started happening after the patch. Using MasterCard and I know its not the bank, talked to them already...

10/06/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Manjyome
I'm using visa and they said the bank is not the problem. I don't know what to do.

10/06/2013 06:29 PMPosted by filipeg165

i made a post about this/bug report, it is the fact that the system doesn't ask for your CCV code so the bank won't allow the purchase. i had the same problem.
after calling my bank the mystery was solved and i switched to paypal that i had my card already registered it made the purchase because it has the CCV automatically
Edited by BABAYAGA on 10/11/2013 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah thank you, I did have them set up on my own account ...in an attempt to curb excessive time playing. That didn't work. lol
I have added the permission you advised and will make another attempt later on.
~~
edit: your instructions worked perfectly, I logged out and back in after adjusting the parental controls and was able to make my purchase without problems.
Excellent.
Edited by SarahPandi on 10/11/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]