Auto-Concede

Must be nice to have the most ridiculous deck around (if you can afford it). I just auto-concede vs druids now, because I don't want to waste 5 or so turns finding out if they are a Pay-to-Winner, or a normal player.

So yeah, if you enjoy druid decks, even a little, then play the crap out of them, cause until something is done about the crazy Almost-All-Legendary druid decks, me and a lot of people I know will just be auto-conceding to every druid we see.
Reply Quote
It's even fun without expensive cards I think. Which legendaries are you referring to? Almost-all legendary-deck sounds like a bad idea. Maybe 2-3 would be ok I think.

edit: and if you play unranked, for the daily, which I do regardless of which daily it is, enjoy todays 2 win with druid/rogue :o.
I just faced a paladin of similiar rarities of cards, he buffed a minion and it almost cost me the game (like 2x healing touch and the lategame)
Edited by DaBananaSuja on 10/7/2013 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The druid deck I am speaking of packs about 50% legendary/power epic cards. They pack things like Sea Giant, the Dragons, Hogger, Sylvanis, Jones, Rags, Bloodhoof, Stormrage, Black Knight, Big Game Hunter, Faceless Manipulator, Ancient of Lore/War, and Cenarius. They fill the rest of their deck up with buffs, card draw (like Nourish) and mana acceleration (plus maybe a little early stall in the form of taunters or something).

The reason this works is they have a few epics/legendaries they can drop at 4/5, and a bunch they can drop when they get higher. Once they pass 6-7 mana, they are dropping a legendary every single turn, often one that does horrible things as well as being super powerful (you just wiped their board somehow? Ony. They need to wipe your board? Deathwing. They need a taunt? Ancient of War. You drop something good? Faceless. Etc).

And the worst part is that they have the mana acceleration to start dropping the really big guys on turn 4, maybe even turn 3. If someone drops Ony on turn 4 (totally doable with coin + innervate + 2 wild growths or a second innervate), you're done. Game over. Even if they have to wait till turn 6 (innervate + coin or two wild growth's + coin), you're probably finished.

I am not saying all druids are running this. Most druids aren't running this. It takes a MASSIVE bank roll to run this. But in my 100 or so games I've played total, I've run into about 7 or 8 people running this style of deck (some multiple times). And it's never even a contest. It's always rolfstomp lol gg.

The big take away here is that I don't want to waste time on a game that could turn into something really ugly and unfun. Until something is done to limit the way this sort of deck works (my suggestion is limit decks to no more than 5 Legendary cards, which is still 1/6th of your deck, and still lets you run ALL the epics your bankroll can afford), I just can't trust druid players.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
Most Hearthstone players aren't rolling with tons of legendary cards. Being worried about a whole class because of a tiny number of players seems pretty silly, since you could say that about any class in Hearthstone if you get out-decked. We're still at the point of beta where there aren't a lot of people playing - and there is a higher proportion of people grinding right now who spent more than average players will. Nothing stops other classes from loading their decks with powerful cards.

So, it may be that most new or average players are still avoiding druids and going with classes that are easier to start with. It may only be a tiny number of people even really playing on druids right now at all. Dropping the game on turn 1? That just seems silly.
Edited by Lissanna on 10/7/2013 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh, once release/open beta is out, the # of players playing this style of deck (if it hasn't been fixed) will go up, but the % will go down, drastically, especially for a month or two after release/open beta.

But now, considering the times I play (non-peak hours almost exclusively) and what not, I just don't see the point of messing around for a couple of turns to concede on turn 5 instead of turn 1. Conceding early gets me into another game faster, likely a much more fun and competitive game.

I am not saying everyone should auto-concede, but I do know I'm not the only one doing this.
Reply Quote
play warlock murlock. With them trying to ramp you can kill them by turn 4-5. the deck is cheap too.
Reply Quote
Considering in the last ManaGrind tournament the druid with a ramp deck placed 7th while many in the top 6 featured very cheap decks (of various classes too), it sounds like a L2P issue.
Reply Quote
Is that why a guy just auto conceded on me when I was a druid? I don't even have legendaries and I got a rank up for no effort. Was not really earned. :/
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Morthis
Considering in the last ManaGrind tournament the druid with a ramp deck placed 7th while many in the top 6 featured very cheap decks (of various classes too), it sounds like a L2P issue.

Considering the druid deck that won the tournament played 4 legendaries, lol.

They don't need to ramp, druids can stall into legendaries. The problem is the game allows more than 1 legendary in a deck at a time.
Reply Quote
I stopped reading after you complained about pay to win in a CCG.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Daylen007

this.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Daylen007

/agree
Reply Quote
Pay to win? I'm sorry I wasn't aware you can just outright buy cards and it isn't totally based off luck and the fact that any player can totally craft the legendaries without paying. >->
Reply Quote
The more cards you use the more the game is tested the faster the game can be released.

You should be thanking the people who actually spend money in the beta. Otherwise this game would never be released.
Reply Quote
The all out legendary ramp deck isn't the best druid deck at all; it gets absolutely crushed by any competent aggro deck.

Auto-conceding is not only terrible sportsmanship, but it's also an admittance of refusing to learn anything.
Reply Quote
Druids are seriously even worse than mages and priests, I can't beat a druid ever in arena, and I also never lose playing a druid in arena. Clearly druids are a very op class, but yet they don't nerf them. Shocker.
Reply Quote
Hope druids get a hard nerf in arena especially, the class has more counters and more spells than a mage/priest combined. Playing against a druid is pointless, if they even got a decent arena deck. 100% loss.
Reply Quote
Druids have been underpowered, unfortuantely druid players learned how to counter the current meta.... how about learn to counter the new druid meta.... I will take the free wins though, thanks. <3
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Fame
Hope druids get a hard nerf in arena especially, the class has more counters and more spells than a mage/priest combined. Playing against a druid is pointless, if they even got a decent arena deck. 100% loss.

It is not that Druids need the nerf in Arena.
It is that Arena needs an overhaul , Period
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]