Best application to record Hearthstone games?

I hope you could help me with that... Fraps is good, but I play in 1920x1080 restitution. Even recording in half size makes huge avi files which is bad for my hdd space... Can you recommend me an application that records in dome other format that doesn't kill my hdd space. :D And ofc which application do you use to convert avi files for faster upload to YouTube... My upload speed sucks.
Edited by Njambris on 10/7/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
https://www.obsproject.com/index
Reply Quote
I've started streaming via twitch and uploading videos of other cpu/gfx intensive games to YouTube in the past month. My streaming/uploading criteria is a touch different to yours, so I'd take this advice with a grain of salt, but if it helps even a little then the post is worth it :P

I want to produce the highest quality videos, while experiencing minimal gameplay degradation.

OBS as mentioned above is brilliant, free and flexible. It's not No.1 for recording though imo. I use OBS in conjunction with Dxtory for streaming only. For the recording, Dxtory is hands down the best application and should still give you that FRAPS feel in-game. I record utilising the lagarith lossless codec (google it, download first result). In your case though, I'd recommend a high grade lossy codec to bring down file sizes. Dxtory also allows you to capture your whole 1920x1080 monitor and record it in 720p (which is still what YouTube considers 'HD'), this'll give you further reduced file sizes whilst maintaining reasonably high quality.

Once recorded, I drag it in to CyberLink PowerDirector for rendering. Sony Vegas comes with a lot of positive reviews, but I stumbled in to PowerDirector first and haven't felt the need to change up yet.
Edited by Sydik on 10/8/2013 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
obs for stream
fraps for record
Reply Quote
@Sydik
+10 Sir, thanks for your answer, even if the author didn't bother to reply, I think your contribution deserves a +10 for explanation, helpfulness etc.

Thanks
Edited by NeLk on 12/15/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Sydik

Hi!

I'm completely new to recording/streaming but I thought you might be a good person to ask (or for others who read this).

So I recently decided I want to record (and not stream, at least not yet) my hearthstone sessions and then upload them to YouTube. What's the best way to do that? I know once you record files I bet the files are really large. If that is the case how would I reduce the file size? I have Sony Vegas already. Does having that help?

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated.
Edited by sirslicknick on 3/17/2014 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OBS is indeed the easiest to go with.

Team Colonslash have written a small guide to get you going - http://team-colonslash.eu/2014/06/how-to-record-your-hearthstone-games/

Hope it helps you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]