Shaman healing, where is it?

Since you nerfed Healing stream totem into uselessness, shaman - which does plenty of healing in its lore, in WoW (which before anyone says anything, they have stole plenty of crap from WoW to throw in here), and in the comics there is now no healing cards within the shaman class itself that heal him.

How come shaman is the only class that should have healing capabilities for itself, but has NONE at all?

Or for that matter, how come shaman has no damage prevention either?
Reply Quote
I agree with you 100%. I understand why shaman's didn't have any healing cards because of the totem heal, but sense that has been tooken I think they need to add something.
Reply Quote
I totally agree.
Reply Quote
Healing totem was absurdly good beforehand, and carried me through a ton of games pre-patch.

However, I'm inclined to agree with the general principle that Shamans are lacking in healing. It would make a great compliment to their weapons - especially doomhammer, which is an enormous HP gamble.

My only real concern is that Shamans are already very strong and versatile, with high end decks on both ends of the spectrum. From a mechanics standpoint rather than a fluff standpoint; do they really need it? If you had to sacrifice something, what would you drop?

Not to mention that player healing is a very weak mechanic on its own. What would you expect from a Shaman healing card?
Reply Quote
Healing totem was absurdly good beforehand, and carried me through a ton of games pre-patch.

However, I'm inclined to agree with the general principle that Shamans are lacking in healing. It would make a great compliment to their weapons - especially doomhammer, which is an enormous HP gamble.

My only real concern is that Shamans are already very strong and versatile, with high end decks on both ends of the spectrum. From a mechanics standpoint rather than a fluff standpoint; do they really need it? If you had to sacrifice something, what would you drop?

Not to mention that player healing is a very weak mechanic on its own. What would you expect from a Shaman healing card?

Yes, shamans need it. Against good players, shamans are at a big disadvantage from the get go. The strong decks you talk about falter versus other decks of similar types. Shaman rush is weaker than warrior/warlock rush cause of the lack of card draw. Shaman mid-game is weaker than paladin/priest/druid cause of their superior ability to keep their minions alive, or control (Just examples, as I know there is rush decks for all classes, blahblahblah and I could go on and on).

Shamans are a -weak- class. There is a reason why there is few shaman players that achieve masters, and it isn't cause they are 'bad players'. People who are losing to blood lust are bad players. If you are a priest/druid/mage and losing to a late game shaman deck you are a bad player.

Healing totem when it -did- pop up pre-patch was nice to have. It helped fix the randomness of shaman. Helped offset the bad mechanic that is overload.
Reply Quote
Agree healing totem needs to be reverted back to original design or we need some form of class specific healing cards.

Weapons in my decks are pretty much gone for now just because I can't trade efficiently enough when I already have to deal with overload mechanics (possibly eating hits next turn without much I can do about it).
Reply Quote
I don't think the lack of the Healing totem healing our character anymore is really that bad, but I would like to see some Shaman healing spells make it into card form. Although I would rather see things like Flame Shock or Grounding Totem make it in first.
Reply Quote
I think that Blizzard doesn't want to make similar cards.

For example: Holy Light is 2 mana to heal 6;
Healing Touch is 3 mana to heal 8.

A healing spell to heal 4 is too little and to heal 10 is too much.

But what them can do is use the overload system: Healing spell is 2 mana to heal 8 (1 overload)

Or just create the healing wave spell, although you already have a totem to heal minions.
Reply Quote
The pre-shammys were absolutely great. At that time we had a real porpuse to spend 2 mana on summoning totems. What we have now, a +1 spell power (we have only lightning bolt + frost shock that scales with SP), a totem that hits 1/turn (note that this is random, and u can only have 1 of each totem at the same time so not viable to keep spending 2 mana to get it), a taunt totem (this one is the only great right now, but, mid/late game only works to deny the enemy 1 hit) and that ''awsome'' heal that that doesnt heal you. If u lost to a shammy in the last patch cus u didnt killed that totem right way, sorry bro but you suck. So even if we go based in the lore, the shammy CAN heal with his own totem, there is no point to remove that. Sorry about the bad spelling, english is not my first language, cya.
Reply Quote
What we have now, a +1 spell power (we have only lightning bolt + frost shock that scales with SP)

Excuse me, but if you play the shaman correctly you would notice that the +1 SP totem is the best totem to get, since there are MORE than 2 spells it affects (Forked Lightning, Earth shock, Lightning Storm etc)
Every time I get that totem I squee like a little child because has has great synergy with my deck/spell combo.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
10/14/2013 07:39 PMPosted by CptBawlsack
What we have now, a +1 spell power (we have only lightning bolt + frost shock that scales with SP)

Excuse me, but if you play the shaman correctly you would notice that the +1 SP totem is the best totem to get, since there are MORE than 2 spells it affects (Forked Lightning, Earth shock, Lightning Storm etc)
Every time I get that totem I squee like a little child because has has great synergy with my deck/spell combo.

Depends on the situation, all of the totems legitimately can be game-changing, though healing and spell power tend to be the most often so. And I do agree that the spell power totem is probably the strong, but it requires having it at the correct time, which is the biggest issue. Healing totem is more consistently useful and makes it hard for enemies to pick at your units.

Anyway, as for the OP, this is a card game. It's inspired by WOW, but in the end, they need to balance the class, and Shamans currently would be imbalanced with strong healing; the lack of healing is one of their biggest weaknesses. If you really care you can include some neutral healing minions in your deck, which aren't all that bad.

Besides, have you see Shaman healing in WOW recently? I think they mimicked it quite well in game.
Reply Quote
What about our chain heal? :(

Shaman's healing is just laughable.
Imagine someone healing resto with healing totem only in raids :D
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone

The game is inspired by WOW, but in the end, they need to keep the class balanced more than they need to be true to lore. For example, Spirit Wolves don't taunt or tank in WOW, they just heal you when they attack, yet in the game they function as taunt creatures.
Reply Quote

The game is inspired by WOW, but in the end, they need to keep the class balanced more than they need to be true to lore. For example, Spirit Wolves don't taunt or tank in WOW, they just heal you when they attack, yet in the game they function as taunt creatures.

Inspired is generally a good word.
But Shaman who can't heal is like warrior who doesn't know how to hold weapon, although can hold shield and armor... - this can be called inspired too.
Reply Quote

Remember guys: It's heroes of WARCRAFT.

In warcraft 3, playing the Farseer usually meant having 2 wolves at your side for neutral clearing and these two tanked alot.

It's not heroes of WoW. Just saying. Also: I'm all in for more Shaman heals. Also: Where's flame shock? Make it be 1 mana cost and make it deal 1 damage and 1 damage at the start of your turn to the same minion!
Edited by Malorak on 10/20/2013 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Possible Healing Options:
Healing Wave: 2 mana, overload 1, heal 7
Riptide: 2 mana, overload 1, heal 6, at the beginning of your next turn heal 2
Chain Heal: 3 mana, overload 1, heal 5, heal a random character 3
Healing Rain: 2 mana, overload 1, heal all friendly characters 2
Earthliving Weapon: 2 mana, if you have a weapon, your weapon now has "Whenever your hero attacks, restore 2 Health to it."
Earth Shield: 3 mana, Secret: As soon as your hero takes damage, heal it for 8.
Grounding Totem: 3 mana, Secret: When your opponent casts a spell, Counter it (I realize this is the same as Counterspell)
Watershield: 3 mana, Secret: As soon as your hero takes damage remove all overload for the next turn.
Reply Quote

should be Overload 2 in my opinion but you did well with the others.
Reply Quote

should be Overload 2 in my opinion but you did well with the others.

Only overload 1 because the chain can heal any random character including enemy characters.

I was torn on whether to have the chain heal only friendlies or anything and I opted for anything. I would say if they chain only healed friendlies than overload 2 would be appropriate.
Edited by Winters on 11/12/2013 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just want healing totem to heal the hero again =/.
Reply Quote
I've thought about this myself too. Doomhammer is really the biggest reason for it. Doomhammer is just such a huge risk for its cost, and the reward is situational. Against a mirror match or a pally, doomhammer can mean the win. Against rush decks, doomhammer comes too late to save you. They either need to drop doomhammer's cost to like four so we can coin into it on turn three or give us some kind of damage mitigation.

Considering how broken the priest's heal is, I don't really see why we shouldn't get 1 hp/turn off of our totems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]