Do people really hate hunters this bad ?

I just got a beta key invite yesterday and i heard hunters are really annoying to play against so I made a hunter deck and got it to level 10. Once i hit level 10 i played 1 game and won the next game the next person left, then played 4 more games and those 4 people quit are hunters really that annoying to fight ? or is the game just bugging and giving me free wins ?
Reply Quote
Maybe the wheel bug
Reply Quote
I think it has to do with the hero power. A constant 2 damage to the hero, no matter if there is a taunt on the field or not. I find it silly rogue's hero power got nerfed, but nothing changed on this one.

As a hunter u would need around 15 rounds with just the hero power to take the other hero down, and seeing how many hunter just spam, taunt, after taunt, after taunt. Your just sitting there eating there hero power, while trying to some how getting damage trough to him.

Yeah sounds nice...
Reply Quote
Beast synergies are pretty strong and they have a wide variety of secrets that are annoying to play against.

To auto leave against any class is just noobish behavior though. Learn and adjust, don't just give up.
Reply Quote
seriously do u think hunter's hero power is that annoying for other classes? just for this? i think much more annoying is 2x fireball or pyroblast, mind blast, shadow bolts etc. Classes which are able to heal themselves shoudn't hate hunter. Especially warrior and his 2 armor or priest with healing. As a hunter a hate these 2 classes the most i think :)
Reply Quote
U can take down the armor with minions from warrior's, and than if all your minnions cant fight, and u got 2 mana left... u still can do another 2 damage. Like i said, the ammount of decks with almost nothing but taunts in them, especialy the hunter is just bad. u cant damage the hunter when he has 4 to 5 taunts out, even if u try hard..
Reply Quote
I'm kinda surprised. Though getting whittled down late game is annoying, I've never found hunters to be that high on my annoyance scale.
Reply Quote
i think the 2 for 2 is spot on, i mean it is just to the player and not a minion

the Mage has more versatility in its ability to target the player or a minion!! so what if it's only 1 point!!

i hate the darn warrior and his armor!! and the priest with their heals!!

if i could target a minion, i would be so much more deadly!!

i just wish i could be another hero... like a dwarf hunter!!! that would be awesome!!
Reply Quote
I think it has to do with the hero power. A constant 2 damage to the hero, no matter if there is a taunt on the field or not. I find it silly rogue's hero power got nerfed, but nothing changed on this one.

As a hunter u would need around 15 rounds with just the hero power to take the other hero down, and seeing how many hunter just spam, taunt, after taunt, after taunt. Your just sitting there eating there hero power, while trying to some how getting damage trough to him.

Yeah sounds nice...

Yep the hero power is bs, why does the mage have 1 and hunter has 2 dmg is beyond me. I just lost a game due to that.
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Fame
Yep the hero power is bs, why does the mage have 1 and hunter has 2 dmg is beyond me. I just lost a game due to that.

The answer is versatility: a hunter can only attack the enemy hero, but does 2 dmg. Mage does only 1 dmg, but can attack anyone on the battlefield.
Edited by Butcher on 10/14/2013 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 05:01 AMPosted by Wobby
spam, taunt, after taunt, after taunt.

Bad hunter is bad? Honestly who uses tons of taunts in a hunter deck? The true strength of it is high aggression. The mage hero power is on par, one damage anywhere is worth two damage to a hero.
Reply Quote
OFC ppl hate hunter coz they are JUST INSANE OP soon nurf to the ground
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 08:17 AMPosted by embanet
OFC ppl hate hunter coz they are JUST INSANE OP soon nurf to the ground

Hurr hurr durrr derp!
Reply Quote
No. Hunter's really aren't that bad. Infact I'd say they're one of the more manageable classes to deal with at the moment. It's probably just really bad luck with the Wheel Bug, or people just simple have to leave for some reason.
Reply Quote
Hunter vs warrior=impossible. I beat a lot of people with my warrior, but beating a hunter is impossible.
Reply Quote
We quit against hunter cause of the unleash the hounds combo that kills you consistently on turn 6 and you can't do anything about it unless you have a deck specifically design to beat that combo...
Reply Quote
Huh, my hunter deck works great without Unleash the Hounds...
Reply Quote
i dont even play hunter but never found the hero power op, i will say it is annoying as hell, but i like it.
Reply Quote
The ability to bring you from 30 to 0 in one turn with 1 cost cards.
Reply Quote
Hunters are boring and repetitious to play against. Almost no variety to cards in any of my opponents decks, just a formulaic clone of every other hunter deck out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]