Do people really hate hunters this bad ?

10/31/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Ash
Hunters are boring and repetitious to play against. Almost no variety to cards in any of my opponents decks, just a formulaic clone of every other hunter deck out there.

Welcome to this thing called a 'meta game'. Also, theres maybe 200 cards in the game? Things will get formulaic.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Syltphademus
Hunters are boring and repetitious to play against. Almost no variety to cards in any of my opponents decks, just a formulaic clone of every other hunter deck out there.

`We have to be honest tho, mirror Hunter is probably THE best matches to behold, it's so marvelous!
Reply Quote
I am not saying there isn't the hunter out there that is playing with a different deck, but 9/10 I can assume that it's going to be the exact same beasts. I don't blame the players who choose to play a hunter, I think it is fun to play as a hunter from time to time myself.

The problem doesn't come down solely to the game only having 400+ cards either (although as more come out it will definitely help), the additional problem for hunters is the beast type minion restriction for some of their class cards almost forces them into the repeated use of the same cards if they want to have a viable deck.

When you play against most other classes at least there is some question of what will be included in it. Other than warlocks having powers restricted to demons I can't think of any other class that does have the same limitation as hunters.

Honestly I'm not sure what meta game means in relation to hearthstone. It seems like everyone has a different definition of it as it applies to hearthstone, whether it is simply referring to current trends, or referring to deck building strategies for tournaments. Perhaps it's both, but podcasters seem to differ on their usage.

Anyway, my original post was actually trying very poorly to communicate an alternative to "people hate hunters." I wouldn't quit a match against them but I do find it tedious when I have a series of hunter matches in a row.
Reply Quote
Hunters are literal garbage unless you run a specific set up which people think is broken. He's otherwise completely unplayable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]