Consecration doesn't exist in my deck.

Just venting a little bit, but I just lost two games in a row both vs Shaman.

Both times, I was hanging on defensively while he had full board control (which he managed to gain through use of Hexes and Windfury minions) and I had to fight with my back against the wall praying for a Consecration card to come up so I could clear the board and then win with my Divine Champion card.

Both times, I was left hanging. Even after Lay on Hands was used and all manner of clever defensive maneuvers kept me in the game Consecration was nowhere to be found.

This happens so often it isn't funny. Consecration it seems is the ONE card I can't seem to ever draw vs Hunters and Shaman even though I run with 2 in my deck, yet I can always be relied on to have either Lay on Hands or Divine Champion in my opening hand taking up space even after mulligans.

What bad RNG stories do you guys have?
Edited by Vindicare on 10/11/2013 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Funny, I normally have the same problem. Of course it is not always, but many times I was left waiting for 1 consecration and I never drew it. Perhaps we just tend to remember more bad experiences than those times we drew it just in time to win the game?
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Vulturnus
Funny, I normally have the same problem. Of course it is not always, but many times I was left waiting for 1 consecration and I never drew it. Perhaps we just tend to remember more bad experiences than those times we drew it just in time to win the game?

That always seems to be how it goes, yeah. I have times with every class that I desperately need my board clear card(s) and they refuse to come up.
Reply Quote
It just happened AGAIN! Vs a Shaman!

I just can't hold board control at all without that one damn AoE I'm allowed per deck.
Reply Quote
I just posted in the main forum stating that the Paladin AoE department is lacking early game. We always find ourselves holding on for a consecration of sorts. I suggested a Divine Storm card so its similar to Arcane Explosion, or make it cost a weapon like Blade flurry and do that much dmg.

Show some love and support this. I cant be the only one getting destroyed by people just piling on creatures early game and myself just praying for a consecrate just so I can have a chance at an even game.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10196090609
Reply Quote
Yeah the real problem is the lack of AoE. Craft 2 Avenging Wrath as it's the next best aoe in the pally arsenal. It's not as reliable because it hits randomly but it's more versatile. Plus it's a great combo with Equality.
Reply Quote
I fully empathize with this thread.

Last 5 games I played, it was Priest, Shaman x 2, Lock and Hunter. All had rush decks. All got out 5 minions by turn 5 and I had nothing to kill them off with. Waiting for that consecrate. Waited 5 turns then conceded.

I don't mind because sometimes I get the RNG gods to throw me a bone once in a while. But I mean it's once in a LOOOONG while.

And it's definitely more than 50% of games I don't get it before turn 6.

That, or I get 2 of them when I mulligan. Or two f******* Guardian of Kings.

I'd just be happy with more f****** dust so I could make another Equality.
Reply Quote
A Paladin deck dependent on removal = Unhappy Player
Reply Quote
I always run my paladin deck with two Wild Pyromancers. This gives you two more AoE cards to put with your consecrations. Take care though as the AoE hits you too. These guys have pulled me out of a many tough spots vs. rush decks.
Reply Quote
Add 2 Wild Pyromancers for more chances of drawing aoes
Reply Quote
Yea when I get enough dust. Sure I'd love to add those Pyromancers. But until then, thanks consecrate for not drawing at all before turn 10 when I need you but getting both cards by turn 3 and then never needing them.

edit: I've found that to increase draw I include 1 Blessing of Wisdom. Sometimes when you cast it on their mobs they either stop attacking with it, or they attack like crazy and draw every turn :)
Edited by pirateninj4 on 6/7/2014 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually won a ranked game yesterday against a warlock by top decking a clutch consecrate for the fatal 2 damage he had left in his health pool.

He had total board control with three minions and my board/hand were both empty.

Yes, it felt just as glorious as you think it does :D

But I also have many memories of yelling at my monitor ' I'd like to draw a consecrate please!'
and getting pissed when I top-decked garbage.

I guess it works both ways lol
Edited by WhiteMage on 6/12/2014 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Unfortunately you have to mulligan hard for consecrate in some match ups, which sucks because it takes up a slot that could be used for early game. Even then you may not get it. Just remind yourself that even the best players in the world average about a 60% win rate. What really sucks is when facing a warlock you kind of have to mulligan for divine favor AND consecrate (although I'm seeing a bit less handlock these days).
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 05:45 AMPosted by Echoes
Yeah the real problem is the lack of AoE. Craft 2 Avenging Wrath as it's the next best aoe in the pally arsenal. It's not as reliable because it hits randomly but it's more versatile. Plus it's a great combo with Equality.

Avenging Wrath is a fantastic board clear, the only downside is the 6 mana cost. It's balanced but depending on your hand and what opponent your facing, you could be in a dire situation come turn 6.

As for the OP, definitely recommend putting Avenging Wrath in. Consider putting in Wild Pyromancer as well!
Reply Quote
you win or lose as paladin based 100% on if you draw consecrate or not; and its mandatory in every pally deck - the card or the class needs serious adjustments
Reply Quote
Dont despair, I had a game in arena where I was relying on Force of Nature (I had 2) to regain the board and try for lethal. Game was slow we both exhausted our decks.

The last 3 cards in my deck were: Force of Nature, Ironbark Protector, Force of Nature.
By this time I tried everything I had against the hunter: empty board Savage Roar, Mark of Nature a wild swipe ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]