Beta Opt-in Application Misreading Graphics

Since there's no exact forum for the beta opt-in application, I suppose this is the best place to post this bug.

I updated my beta opt-in settings this weekend after installing the latest OS X updates on my mid-2011 27" iMac. Upon checking, the Beta Opt-in Application did not correctly identify the primary video card. Instead of the AMD HD 6970M with 2GB GDDR5 it instead saw the HD 3000. It did, however, correctly identify the amount of video memory.

Also, of less importance, it incorrectly tested bandwidth drastically below normal tests. Speedtest.net result is usually 55-60 Mbps, Beta Opt-in was 4 Mbps.

System Specs:
27" mid-2011 iMac running Mac OS X 10.8.5
2nd gen Core i7-2600 at 3.4GHz
8GB DDR3
AMD HD 6970M with 2GB of GDDR5
Reply Quote
I have a similar issue - I ran the system spec and it uploaded wrong information for the graphics card. It also identified the download speed wrongly (7 mbps instead of 14 mbps).

I got an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5, but it identifies as an Intel Iris Pro video card with 2.15 GB Video RAM.

Due to this misidentification, it seems like I'm below the minimum specs, so I guess I won't get a beta invite... ;)

System Specs:
27" late-2013 iMac running Mac OS X 10.8.5
3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5
Edited by Dahren on 10/9/2013 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just wanted to chime in with the same story,
Same NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5 card being reported as an Intel Iris Pro 2.15GB
Reply Quote
I am in the closed beta but I have the exact same problem.
Also I think that every blizzard games I have installed on my new system is not seeing my NVIDIA GTX 780M card and recommend a medium setting for all the games :(
Reply Quote
Same here.
Beta Opt-In App is not recognizing my NVIDIA GTX 710M and instead reports Intel Graphics HD4000
Reply Quote
Apparently this memory issue is a dxdiag issue that they have had for years but never fixed. It is your dxdiag reading your total used memory at the time of the test. ANd if its higher its because your graphics card was using your ram during the test.

And as for your intel hd graphics well, your running a laptop and you have a integrated HD400 graphics card running during the test instead of your GTX 710M you should set the correct video card to the test then your results will be accurate. I have a laptop with almost the same set up so i remember having to change mine to play my games with my nvidea card instead of the integrated card as well.
Edited by Kickstinks on 2/13/2014 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]