Far Sight [What's it's Purpose]

i disenchnanted 2 of these and i think the dust was forth more for me
Reply Quote
yeah but you have a 1/22 chance (forgive me if I'm off by 1 or 2) on turn 5 to draw a specific card like Ragnaros, assuming you have not already drawn Ragnaros or played any other card draws. I agree it does have uses akin to engineer and other deck thinner, but I feel like it could be a lot better. I was rather excited when I saw an epic in my pack I got today and was rather disappointed. I think anet could tweak this card to have a far more interesting and fitting effect for an epic, I personally liked Kappadocil's idea and think it makes the card fit shaman decks better while also giving it synergy with unbound elemental. Not saying it's a useless card, just saying it's a bit lame as it is
Reply Quote
Right now it doesnt really fit into my deck theme. I'll hold onto it just in case something changes. But I feel like it might be a little too unpredictable to try to rely on it too heavily
Reply Quote
The necro is strong in this one.
Reply Quote
09/24/2014 08:51 AMPosted by Gomelus
The necro is strong in this one.

Uhm, yes. Redundant, too.

May I refer our gentle readers to:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/14278978418
Reply Quote
Yeah, that's the answer that usually comes up when we talk Farsight. It gives (if you are lucky) the ability to play more mana in a future turn than you would otherwise be able to. Kind of like the druid's Innervate, but not as dependable. JackD's example is a good one, spending 9 mana on turn 9 to do 7-8 damage to all enemy minions.
Reply Quote
I do hope this is sarcastic. @Fury
Its a 3mana draw a card. That card costs 3 less. You might aswell put a different card in that deck spot, that way its not restricting you to playing the card you draw next turn and it is more reliable. It only gets value out of itself if you manage to play it by turn 7 or before, which is approx 1/5 chance of happening. (2/5 if you have 2) It simply has no reason to be in your deck rather than something else and again, isnt reliable
Reply Quote
05/15/2016 12:37 PMPosted by Taliyah
I do hope this is sarcastic. @Fury
Its a 3mana draw a card. That card costs 3 less. You might aswell put a different card in that deck spot, that way its not restricting you to playing the card you draw next turn and it is more reliable. It only gets value out of itself if you manage to play it by turn 7 or before, which is approx 1/5 chance of happening. (2/5 if you have 2) It simply has no reason to be in your deck rather than something else and again, isnt reliable

All, hail the mighty Necromancer!
Any older and even the resurrected die of old age again.
Reply Quote
Hello my Sweetie, hello my honey, hello my rag-time Necro!
Reply Quote
I like necromancers!!! 4th one already in this thread. Btw any chance for far sight to get a new life in 2016!???
Edited by Justa on 5/15/2016 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not actually terrible in spell heavy control decks. It reduces the size of your deck. There is almost always a turn where you would float 3 mana anyway, and the cost reduction is sometimes relevant.
Reply Quote
Golden Far Sight is one of the most gorgeously designed cards in the game.
Reply Quote
It's interesting that there are now a few cards (Far sight, Wilfred Fizzlebang and thistle tea that could really benefit from some sort of scry ability (scry=look at the top cards of your deck).

A minion that let you look at the top 3 cards of your deck and then let you decide which order they go back on , would allow for some cool plays , while not being op as it would still be very slow.

Would be a nice way of breathing life into presently underwhelming cards.
Reply Quote
It's basically reverse overload. Pay more now and save mana later.

The issue is when you draw a 1 or 2 mana card and thus are paying 3 mana for a 2 mana card. But even then, it's still a positive to reduce the price and having a free card later as opposed to just floating 3 mana. Heck if you far sight into lava shock or sentinel you get an overload unlock that you can play no matter what at some point later

It's ideal when you draw a big minion obviously
Edited by raiderrocker on 5/16/2016 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's rarely ever better to spend 3 mana now for no value, in order to spend 3 more mana than usual on a later turn. Overload is flawed, but at least the mana shift is in the right direction for a tempo game (buy now & pay later). Worse, most shaman decks have so many <=3 mana cards that Far Sight ends up being zero or negative value.

"Draw a card that cost 3 or more mana. That card costs 3 less."

That would do a lot to fix Far Sight. As it is, it's really only useful in fringe control shaman decks.
Reply Quote
05/16/2016 08:20 PMPosted by Beau
That would do a lot to fix Far Sight. As it is, it's really only useful in fringe control shaman decks.

Well yes, this exactly. It's a very small niche that it's good in, but in that deck it's good.
Reply Quote
10/24/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Manx
It's a deck thinning card. Same purpose as loot horder or novice engineer.

more like overload mitigation,as someone said above, than deck thinner, sadly i dont see a proper deck to play with it on it. it feels slow (which breaks the overload mitigation)
Reply Quote
05/17/2016 12:01 AMPosted by Zorothar
10/24/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Manx
It's a deck thinning card. Same purpose as loot horder or novice engineer.

more like overload mitigation,as someone said above, than deck thinner, sadly i dont see a proper deck to play with it on it. it feels slow (which breaks the overload mitigation)

It's both, however it function best as a deck thinner.

However many shaman decks these days run 2xRockbiter weapon and 2xlightning bolt, also tunnel trogg. which means you draw 1 mana cards a lot..

When you draw a 1 mana card it's worse than a novice engineer, so it's really bad in aggro shaman in particular.

But when you draw a 2 mana card or higher you're still getting better than a novice engineer though. So I like it and I crafted a 2nd one a while back, I've since DEd it since I got a golden one.
Reply Quote
I've never played a single turn as Shaman where I could afford to spend 3 mana to do nothing.

I would like people claiming this is good in Control Shaman to describe actual turns where it is good.

Turn 3: do nothing, nope
Turn 4: play lightning bolt only
Turn 5: hero power only

I guess it's ok on turn 6 onward where you can ED only and it's ok, but I still don't see a point. What amazing turn 7 are you going to do which makes up for having 1 less Tuskarr Totemic and his totem on the board?

With ED specifically, one of the best cards to go with AV, Eternal Sentinal is a way better match, saving you more mana AND giving you a minion.
Edited by Jailbar on 5/17/2016 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]