Murloc

Do people actually think this strat is viable? One little AoE takes out your entire strategy
Reply Quote
I'm diamond 3 at the moment and I've seen it so much once I hit Plat it is hilarious. I've always kind of wondered what the deck did verse hellfire, hunter traps, I dunno any aoe lol...
Reply Quote
Most of these decks run cards that put their murlocs out of the range of early AoE. They can also overcome the AoE with the hero power. Hellfire can be quick enough to deal with the rush, but the 3 damage to self along with their hero power is in many cases enough for the murloc player to push through.
Reply Quote
Murloc decks are sooo much fun. I tried them out with a few classes so far: Druid, Shaman, Warrior and Paladin. I didn't have much luck with Shaman or Warrior, and little luck with Druid - I must admit that I've killed people by turn 3 with Druid/Murloc deck and made people quite countless times by turn 2. I've been saving for 2x Sword of Justice, which I finally got, to try Murlocs with my pally...good luck beating me. It's tons of fun!
Reply Quote
Did they nerf the murloc deck? I have played my druid murloc deck 7X in a row. In each case with 17 murcs in a deck I should have greater than 50% draw of at least one murloc. In each case, it has been lower than 20%. This is absolutely nutty!! I would have 5 or 6 cards in my hand with not a single murloc in them! The odds of this happening over and over again are infintesimal. Is this happening to anyone else?
Reply Quote
They haven't nerfed murlocs and 17 doesn't sound like the entire set and you must not be running the right cards. A true murloc set wins in 3-6 turns, the way you get around aoe (turn 4-6) is playing druids
demigods favor
leader of the pack
power of the wild
and my favorite anti board wipe ---- soul of the forest ---- by turn 4-6 they should be @ less than 15 health and you should have 4-6 creatures out and a board wipe means another 4-6 2/2 which hits for 8-12

You should also be running cards in your deck that snowball with playing a lot of champions ie questing adventurer and other champions as well as some end game nukes like frostwolf warlord and stormwind champion.

And you shouldnt run much removal, and ignore all their creatures except obvious trades and combo creatures. Smack 'em hard and Smack 'em fast GG
Edited by Aggrodamus on 12/14/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
How does 1 AE take out your strat?

1 Murloc gives all yours +2 health.

Another gives them +2/+1

Blood imp gives them all +1 health, x2 if you play both.

At this point, you've got 6 health murlocs... and lots of them. No single AE is going to clear that.

If it's not viable, why is every 2nd deck I play against a warlock murloc deck?

The only counter I can see to it is basically everyone going frost mage.
Edited by Died on 12/28/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Died
How does 1 AE take out your strat?

1 Murloc gives all yours +2 health.

Another gives them +2/+1

Blood imp gives them all +1 health, x2 if you play both.

At this point, you've got 6 health murlocs... and lots of them. No single AE is going to clear that.

If it's not viable, why is every 2nd deck I play against a warlock murloc deck?

The only counter I can see to it is basically everyone going frost mage.

Well, Mr. Necromancer, as you can see from this thread murloc decks weren't that popular before the mage nerf because Cone of Cold would stop you dead before you could get the ball rolling. The limiting factor of murloc deck effectiveness is and has always been mage AoE and now that CoC and Blizzard come out a turn later the aggro meta has shifted away from midgame aggro to super early murloc aggro because now it has an extra turn to snowball. Murlocs couldn't survive a turn 3 CoC but they can pull through a turn 4 CoC.
Edited by Maelstrom on 12/28/2013 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's partly my point Maelstrom... I think the combination is extremely strong against almost every class... The only ones that can viably counter it are mages, and even then you've got to be pretty lucky.

I still feel the best solution is to alter the way the blood imp health buff falls off. Change it so when the imp dies, the minions that were receiving the buff don't also heal for 1 damage when it drops off. They should lose 1 total, and 1 current health.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]