whats a good level 10 rogue starting deck?

I just got into the beta about 3 days ago super exited my original plan was to go mage full on :p which is what i did atm plat 3 with just playing my mage wasnt really that hard tbh to get there but yea...

anyways im looking for a good starting deck for rogues build with just the cards you have from level 10... i do not have tons of cash to spend on decks and i dont have a stream to ask ppl to donate for decks either :P so ive gotta work for my decks lol anyways whats a good deck build to do ok in normal matches

ive already looked at http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/9882328198?page=1#6
the rogue section is deleted btw
Edited by MegaMuffin on 10/11/2013 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here! Started today, unlocked the rogue and now I want to learn how to build my deck.. Help please =)

EDIT: lvl 10 rogue here as well.
Edited by skyscraper on 10/11/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/5949-hsplayers-tourney-1-miku-1st-place

Its not level 10 although you should have most of the cards and it gives you an idea of what to go on. Basically its just spell power and nukes thrown into a sligh deck
Reply Quote
the link is 760dust deck, far from starting.

ill be honest, very good rogue decks dont need epic/legendary cards, but rogue can not be played without extra cards.
defias is a white, evis is white, si:7, perdition, headcrack, all blues.

you can construct a good deck with 15-20 opened packs, so you need 2weeks of dailies.
Reply Quote
How can you tell that the deck is 760 dust?

Anyway, I have opened 23 packs. I've received none of those blues. The only Rogue blues I've received are:

Blade Furry x2
Master of Disguise x1

Can't do much with that.

I'm also looking for a level 10 Rogue deck. Tired of so many guides being for theory only or for advanced players who have several rare cards.
Edited by Aionion on 10/14/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Aionion
How can you tell that the deck is 760 dust?

white=40
blue=100
epic=400
legendary=1600

nuking entire pack is minimum 40dust, but avoid that.

its hard to build really cheap rogue deck, but great decks start at 700dust worth, blade flurry is a great card for some rogue builds, and headcrack/si:7 can be replaced with neutral/basic cards for start.
Reply Quote
Spell power rogue deck is a great way to start.
Reply Quote
I would just like to +1 this thread. I hear a lot of people complaining Rogues are underpowered, but I like their theme and mechanics, so would like to play a lower powered deck. But as others have mentioned, it doesn't help when every rogue build is multiple legendaries and an abundance of rares when you just start the game. Either means plunking down a large amount of cash or playing with a sub-par deck, so if someone with deck building chops could make a sample one that'd be awesome.
Reply Quote
I agree with Darthus. I'm playing a variant of that Miku spellpower deck and loving it.
Reply Quote
Love it that there are Miku fans everywhere! :D
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#31:2;74:2;87:2;164:2;184:2;326:2;378:2;385:2;388:2;433:2;434:2;471:2;479:2;568:2;659:2;

You can do something like that if you have no other cards. If you have dust to get rares you can pick up things like azure drake which is good in any spellpower deck. But the first thing to work toward would be Eviscerate at common.
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 10:39 AMPosted by MegaMuffin
ing for a good starting deck for rogues build with just the cards you have from level 10... i

Sorry never meant to post this.. missclicked somehow
Edited by Cropac on 11/6/2013 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Challenge accepted!
Disclaimer: Neither deck has been play-tested but they are worth looking at since there are only so many cards in the basic set that are even worth using, they're basically all here ;) enjoy.

Basic SPR deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15814-basic-rogue-deck
Missing quite a few key elements, but you would get a feel for some of the cards.

Basic Minion/Weapon deck: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15815-basic-rogue-deck2
Also not ideal, but it's what the doctor ordered!

Very tough to do, I started rogue after I made about 800 dust playing Hunter with UtH OTK which I basically collected through opening packs.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty new at this, but if I focus on direct damage cards, such as Sinister Strike, Shiv and Eviscerate, do they all benefit from Spell Damage? And what about Battlecry damage abilities, such as Nightblade's?
Reply Quote
Yes, Rogue spells are any of the cards that can do direct damage (shiv, backstab).

All basic spell damage deck:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#74:2;164:2;205:2;310:1;326:2;378:2;385:2;388:2;414:1;434:2;435:2;471:2;479:2;519:2;568:2;659:2;

Spell power rogue is by far the best and easiest way to go at the beginning. Use your spells and hero power to remove any minions they put out while building up your spell power. If you can have two spell power minions out there that means your backstab kills anything that has 4 health for free, you can shiv a 3 health creature, kill it and get a card. Fan of Knives suddenly kills everything that has 3 health and draws a card. You get the idea.

Later on as you level up and get more cards from packs, start trying to get eviscerates and save dust for azure drakes.
Reply Quote
@WashFox

Awesome!, Thanks a lot :)
Reply Quote
Sorry for double posting, but I tweaked this basic spell power deck a little and added some weapons + Deadly Poison in order to provide something of an outlet in case my spell power minions are dealt with.

Here it goes:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#74:2;87:2;164:2;205:2;310:1;326:1;378:2;388:2;414:1;433:2;434:2;435:2;471:2;479:2;519:1;568:2;659:2;

Opinions are appreciated!
Reply Quote
Sorry for double posting, but I tweaked this basic spell power deck a little and added some weapons + Deadly Poison in order to provide something of an outlet in case my spell power minions are dealt with.

Here it goes:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/rogue#74:2;87:2;164:2;205:2;310:1;326:1;378:2;388:2;414:1;433:2;434:2;435:2;471:2;479:2;519:1;568:2;659:2;

Opinions are appreciated!

Hey dude, cool deck!

I do have a few minor suggestions for you, though.

For starters, you should probably find alternatives for the grizzly and the lord as soon as possible. Both cards look great on paper since they have taunt, but they're not especially efficient given the mana it costs to play them. It's very likely that there is a cheaper creature out on the board the same turn or before that can one hit kill either, and then you've basically wasted a turn to trade your expensive minion with his dirt cheap crocalisk or stormpike or something. I'd recommend another shield master, venture co mercs, and/or a pair of dark iron dwarves (which are, incidentally, a great way to kill lord of the arena with something that cost 2 mana). There are some nice rare alternatives too, but you'll have to open a few packs before you're likely to have them.

You also must get your mitts on a pair of eviscerates ASAP. I'd swap the sinister strikes for them, since while they're very inexpensive they don't really help on card advantage since you can't remove minions with them. You'll run in to way more situations where eviscerating that annoying drake was better than doing 3 damage to the enemy hero, and since eviscerate is very easy to play at 2 mana, even in those situations where you do want to do direct damage, it's a better option.

Otherwise, looking very nice for your beginning stages. You've got all the regular suspects in terms of spell power, fan of knives, the assassinates and a nice big bomb stormwind champ in case you get an opportunity for a win. Keep building your collection and letting us know what you come up with. :)
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot for the advice! Still don't enough resources for Eviscerate yet, but will definitely try to grab a few.

The Grizzly and the Lord seem OK for now, since the alternatives are not any better yet. Maybe something cheaper or with higher defense?

EDIT: I'm on an 80% win rate with this deck, it's working pretty good. Thank you very much!
Edited by Glaucus on 11/9/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]