Epic Priest deck with Basic Cards!

Pihan, I've tried your suggested priest build deck (under post #144) and it has a good deck with better survival rate compared to mine own build. Later, I made some modifications by adding amani and gurubashi berserkers into the deck and got a higher win ratio. I just have to patiently sit through and play most of the game fighting/survive for board control till turn 9-ish onwards for the kill.

I have to agree that it's an overall good build for casual play that can stand on its own in absence of the legendaries. Still, I will not take the risk for use in ranked matches.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the deck and tips of making it better.
(Crafting did really help)
Combos like getting a unit to over 25+\25+ in one turn are priceless.
My epic record was getting a Berzerker from 2\7 to 2\9 - 2\11 -2\22- 2\44- 44\44 in one turn.
(in mana that was 1+1+2+2+1 = 7 mana, +2 additional cards)

Tested it through ranked matches.
(never played ranked before)

Well, my limit is level 18 atm.

Almost all victories from 25 to 18.. and at 18 about 20 games with losses\victories in a row, with obvilosuly much more geared players (nearly all rare's\epic's\golden's and some legendaries aganist my 3-4 rare cards, and other basic ones).
So 18 is tops for me. Can't get further than that with this deck.

Anyway a very easy and fun deck to play.
Thx everyone for tips.
Edited by Benki on 4/23/2014 3:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
and now to fit in malygos in there somewhere :P
Reply Quote
I wanted to keep the deck full basic but swapped the River Crocolisks with Acidic Swamp Oozes. The rest I just took as it is in post #1
So I changed the server to US (usually I play on EU) and was able to play though the tutorial one more time.. yay
After 10 games I went from 25** to 18** and haven't lost one game yet.

I'm really curious how far I can get with this.^^
Reply Quote
Went from 22 to 15 in 2 hours play time, lost 2 games out of say... 15?

Been playing a deck very similar to this just a few differences. I added a lightspawn to bait card removals... this works like a charm... really. Drop a lightspawn, give it +2hp... nearly everyone will card removal it. Then drop your Cleric with double hp, draw cards like a boss. Too name one of them anyway.

A few expert cards can replace the basics. Which will only make this deck stronger.

I do think Priests are incredibly strong atm though - until you hit pro players.
Reply Quote
04/23/2014 07:23 PMPosted by Foxxy
Went from 22 to 15 in 2 hours play time, lost 2 games out of say... 15?

I made the same experiment, making a priest acc.From lvl 1. Reached lvl 10 after 11 ranked matches 9W / 2L.

Reached Rank 15 after 9 consecutives wins.

By now, im going back and forward rank 15
Reply Quote
i am new and was wondering if there was a updated version of this deck?
Reply Quote
Well I won 4 battles in a row then got wrecked 6 times in a row by a bunch of Mages/Priests/Paladins. They really sting!
Reply Quote
I must just be a really bad player...

I started today rank 18 with two stars, and was hoping to win four battles with this deck (substituting acidic swamp oozes for the crocolisks) to complete today's quest. So far, I have managed one win, and have dropped back to rank 20, no stars...
Reply Quote
it was a year ago when this deck was good enough for legend. Average skill level was a lot lower and a bunch of these cards were also nerfed. Its not capable of legend anymore and actually pretty mediocre by today's standards.
Reply Quote
Rank 13 atm (only playing basic priest). with this:

PW:S x2
Northshire Cleric x2
SW:P x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
Novice engineer x2
River Crocolisk x2
SW:D x2
Razorfen Hunter x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Senjin shieldmasta x2
Holy Nova x2
Darkscale healer x2
Gurubashi berserker x2
Bludfist Ogre x2
Mind Control x1

Having
Reply Quote
How does this deck win? Is it an aggro or a control?
Reply Quote
It's not related to the current meta
Reply Quote
04/28/2014 06:13 PMPosted by coolbeans
How does this deck win? Is it an aggro or a control?

With basic cards you cant go full control or full agro (maybe the hunters can).

This works taking control of the early board with small minions, and SW:D /P. Holy nova also works at mid range. But, If you can combo holy nova or Darkscale healer with Northshire Cleric, then you will draw enough cards to place Bludfist Ogre in a controlabe table soon.
Berserker can act as a board cleaner or as a heavy hitter, but most skilled players use to kill him faster or silence/sheep/Frog/remove it before it hits more than 2.

04/29/2014 02:28 AMPosted by Oak
It's not related to the current meta

Gaming is for fun.
Reply Quote
The deck is still fine.

I would just replace Mind Controls with Bolderfist Ogres and Novice Engineers with Acidic Swamp Oozes. Neither cards are as good as they used to be. Although Mind Control can be fun and can win games for you if you survive 10 rounds. But Ogres can often be better than Cairne or Ragnaros, especially in a Priest deck and Oozes has good stats and a very nice side benefit.
Reply Quote
I lose with this deck regularly. What am I doing wrong?
Reply Quote
Well I just had a mage tear me apart with this deck. Ability to throw over 24 damage to 6 minions with flame strike is BS then double fireball total horse crap
Reply Quote
I am new to Hearthstone and have struggled to get a lot of wins, let alone a streak of wins. I have just used this build and I've won 3 out of 3!

Says it all!
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Shaun
Well I just had a mage tear me apart with this deck. Ability to throw over 24 damage to 6 minions with flame strike is BS then double fireball total horse crap

Never have more than 2 minions on the board and don't play card draws. That makes their AOE cards mostly worthless and if they're playing a control game you won't burn through your entire deck and take fatigue damage.
Reply Quote
I have made a deck too. It's not a Basic deck it's a Mid-Budget deck. Go check it out :)
http://adf.ly/lyYYL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]