Epic Priest deck with Basic Cards!

I just set up this deck, and replaced one of the Ironfur Grizzly with a Tauren Warrior, and replaced one of the Yetis with Lord of the Arena.

This is a great deck, and I am enjoying it! However, both games I test-played have seen me run out of cards, with an eventual win. Very powerful if you can catch your opponent, though. BOOM!

You have to be careful not to outplay your deck and get left with cards you can't use, like Shadow Word: Death (if you opponent is left with few cards and nothing powerful). I might replace one of the Shadow Word: Death with a Mind Blast, Holy Fire, or a Divine Spirit and see how that goes.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply Quote
Basic Deck :

-Minions (18)

Chillwind Yeti x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Gnomish Inventor x2 - Voodoo Doctor x1, Mass Dispel x1
Ironfur Grizzly x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Novice Engineer x2 - Ironbeak x1, Lightwell x1
River Crocolisk x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2

-Spells (12)

Holy Nova x2
Holy Smite x2 - Inner Fire x2
Mind Control x2 - Divine Spirit x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Shadow Word: Pain x2

This is a nice twist on it. I'm very fond of chucking Snapjaws into Priest decks for the PW:S/DS/IF combo, but there's already plenty of scope to exploit it.
Edited by Lolonoa on 5/25/2014 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This deck absolutely loses to mages every time I play them. Wether it be through running out of cards or straight up spell damage.
Reply Quote
with my last deck i was struggling, but with this one i got 5 out of 5 with a little patience and map control when required, not when available.. thanks OP
Reply Quote
My Priest doesn't have Power Word: Death or Mind Control as of yet, still leveling it to 10. That being said, I replaced them with a packed Mind Vision, 2 Mind Blasts, and a packed Lightspawn. I'm definitely feeling not having those, as I have a bit of trouble dealing with large minions, but I can generally bring them down with some concentrated fire using attacks/smites/novas. Not ideal, I know, but it's a fair holdover. The Mind Blasts are there to simulate the damage I might get from a mind controlled minion, and the Lightspawn for the same reason. Mind Vision on the otherhand, I'm uncertain about, given it's random nature. Netted me a Hammer of Wrath last game though.
Reply Quote
Did not work , lost 3 in a row at rank 18 due to rarer and better strats , perhaps its outdated.
Reply Quote
Tried EuroTangos suggestion:

PW:S x2
Northshire Cleric x2
SW:P x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
Novice engineer x2
River Crocolisk x2
SW:D x2
Razorfen Hunter x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Senjin shieldmasta x2
Holy Nova x2
Darkscale healer x2
Gurubashi berserker x2
Bludfist Ogre x2
Mind Control x1

Currently rank 16 with this deck still going up. Now rank 15. 09-06-14
Edited by Hizkia on 6/9/2014 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm 5/6 vs Mage and Hunters tonight after trying this deck in ranked which got me to 17. I've been playing maybe 10 days now and have a decent understanding of the mechanics. Like a few other people, I'm wondering if I can swap in one or two of my rare/legendary cards to make this deck even better. Ideas?
Edited by JeremyG on 6/15/2014 3:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 03:26 AMPosted by JeremyG
I'm 5/6 vs Mage and Hunters tonight after trying this deck in ranked which got me to 17. I've been playing maybe 10 days now and have a decent understanding of the mechanics. Like a few other people, I'm wondering if I can swap in one or two of my rare/legendary cards to make this deck even better. Ideas?

What rare/legendaries do you have?
Reply Quote
06/09/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Hizkia

Northshire Cleric x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
Novice engineer x2
River Crocolisk x2
Razorfen Hunter x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Senjin shieldmasta x2
Holy Nova x2
Darkscale healer x2
Gurubashi berserker x2
Bludfist Ogre x2
Mind Control x1

Im a total newbie in this game, started playing yesterday and with this deck i already got to rank 20 in a few hours of play today and i havent lost a single game.

This deck is awesome :)
Reply Quote
I know this is old, but very helpful. I went from hating priest decks, to liking it. I didnt have enough minions before, but now I can get to late game without getting killed first. Thanks a ton!
Reply Quote
nice
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 09:29 AMPosted by Bamjam
06/09/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Hizkia

Northshire Cleric x2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
Novice engineer x2
River Crocolisk x2
Razorfen Hunter x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Chillwind Yeti x2
Senjin shieldmasta x2
Holy Nova x2
Darkscale healer x2
Gurubashi berserker x2
Bludfist Ogre x2
Mind Control x1

Im a total newbie in this game, started playing yesterday and with this deck i already got to rank 20 in a few hours of play today and i havent lost a single game.

This deck is awesome :)

Good to know you like my version of this deck. With the last month meta, i reached rank 9 only changing 1 pain with the silencer owl !!!

go go,go basic priest!
Reply Quote
I made a few changes such as added in some injured blade masters but it's an awesome deck for begginers!
Reply Quote
Made a priest for dailies and used the decks here as a template. I hit 12, but slid back down to 18. I don't blame the decks, I've seen them work wonders. Random draws are random, so I've just been tweaking cards.

Great tips and ideas here. Never tried priest until this week, now I love it.
Edited by SniktX23 on 7/14/2014 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
not a good deck at all
Reply Quote
I think this is a good deck, and works in principal as any other... but I have a bad tendency to get mind controls and other high mana cost cards early game whatever I play :(
Can't get anything to table

Won only 2/5 games and that is very low ratings... done what I could but nothing to be done, and losing. Horrible luck on cards and one fatiqueloss :(
Edited by MooneY on 7/25/2014 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm curious to see if anyone could use the new cards naxx gives us, to upgrade this deck to something even better.

Seeing it's only a deck with basic cards, I do believe it can be easily improved with the use of those cards.

Anybody with a good idea?
Reply Quote
This deck sucks !@# guys... 10 ranked matches and 7 Fing losses I wouldn't suggest this deck to anyone it is a Fing waste of time!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]