Epic Priest deck with Basic Cards!

I wouldnt be so quick to judge the deck. Honestly one of the better starting decks ive tried. Adjust as U level and U should be good
Reply Quote
You know this deck was made in 2013 right? LOTS OF PATCHES AGO!

Its not terrible for like...25 to 19-18. Otherwise its rather bad. Extremely bad. As its super outdated. Something to build on or alter to make it more fresh and absorbing new ways to combat the meta and decks commonly seen while ranking.

Its an okay baseline. But I would suggest Trumps basic decks over this.
Reply Quote
I agree but if U read what I wrote again U are basicly repeating what I said.
Its a good starting deck when U begin your climb but U have to adjust it as U grow. If U read this thread U find alot of good tips on how to adjust.

And the adjusting has been made from then to now in this thread to some degree making it even more fun as U try out and learn more cards then just 1 deck.

Havent checled Trumps yet but gonna check it out and c how it stands result wise vs this.
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 09:29 AMPosted by Ridan
I agree but if U read what I wrote again U are basicly repeating what I said.
Its a good starting deck when U begin your climb but U have to adjust it as U grow. If U read this thread U find alot of good tips on how to adjust.

And the adjusting has been made from then to now in this thread to some degree making it even more fun as U try out and learn more cards then just 1 deck.

Havent checled Trumps yet but gonna check it out and c how it stands result wise vs this.

These are his "Basic" decks. The core with which you can use when beginning. When you got no cards whatsoever, except for the ones for reaching level ten in a class.

https://sites.google.com/site/trumpdecks/basicdecks

If you want a professional grade deck, check out Amaz's priest deck. Not the old one posted about 3 months ago, the new one he has been working on as of late.
Edited by BeatDownCity on 8/5/2014 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At what rank are we talking about here?
Reply Quote
A really nice basic build. I personally find it a bit "hit and miss" however. If I get a good starting hand, I'm 90% likely to win with this deck. If I get a few cards I can't do anything with or a few late game cards... I rarely win.

10/12/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Avalinda
In my opinion, holy smite is pretty meh. Priests already have an insane amount of board control with the 4 shadow word cards and holy nova, so I drop the holy smites for divine spirit. DS just opens up so many options. It's true that it's vulnerable to silence/poly/hex, but if you DS your Northshire cleric early game, for example, you essentially force your opponent to use silence/poly/hex on a one mana minion, which means you don't have to worry about as much cc on your big taunters. Also, as far as minions, I notice you included quite a few low drops. I would switch both novice engineers to owls (you already have insane draw power with double cleric, and owl battlecry is AMAZING), and then drop 2 of darkscale healer/river crocolisks for temple enforcer/lord of the arena/stormwind champion/prophet Velen (really anything to give some more late game umph).

I recommend these changes. It's increased my win rate significantly. It actually works pretty well against expert and advanced decks that can prove rather troublesome, the draw power is amazingly good too.
The owls are just icing on the cake, they really make your opponent think twice once you shutdown a heavily buffed taunter. They're incredibly cheap too.

I'm not too sure about dropping the DS healer(s), I've had some amazingly good combos going with the Northshire Clerics. I just damage their wall with my minions, throw one of those beauties out and get a full hand.
It is something to note though, pulling off something like that can hurt your chances. (I almost killed myself with fatigue because I didn't check how many cards I had left in my deck. <_<)

Overall, just a really nice beginner priest deck that can rival some advanced decks. Hunters are a pain (when are they not? lel) with their aggro and combos. The above changes just ensure that you'll never really have a terribad starting hand and gives you an edge with the added silences.
Reply Quote
Hey Fellow Hearthstoners

I've been playing the priest in ranked and love it's control, here's my deck!

Circle of Healing x1
Power Word: Shield x2
Divine Spirit x2 (dump a tanky taunt out then double twice XD)
Mind Blast x2
Shadow Word: Pain x2 (useful on early taunts)
Shadow Word: Death x2 (extremely useful later on in a match)
Silverback Patriarch x1
Thrallmar Farseer x1
Wolfrider x1
Mogu'shan Warden x1 (use with Divine Spirit)
Sen'jin Shield Master x2
Stormwind Knight
Holy Nova x2 (amazing against hunters)
Booty Bay Bodyguard x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Nightblade x2
Lord of the Arena x1
War Golem x1
Mind Control x2 (Amazing at the end of a match, can often set you up for the kill)
Reply Quote
This deck is awesome! Recommend it to everyone who wants to play Priest.
Reply Quote
I first found this deck 4 months ago around mid-April, and it was very good to me then, so I wanted to see how it stood up against the current meta.

I played 10 matches, winning 8 of them. The only decks I had trouble with was a Mage who seemed to only have 4 attack minions and a Shaman, who filled his board against me after I used my last Holy Aura. My victory I was most proud of was against a different Shaman who was running a super Naxx deck, featuring Reincarnates and Kel'Thuzad.

Obviously, the big drawbacks to the deck currently are the lack of silence (which is a nightmare in this deathrattle meta), only having two Area of Effect attacks, and how none of the minions have more than 4 attack, which makes the game painfully slow (but not bad since Priests have great late games).

So yeah, outstanding deck. You don't need Expert cards with this deck.
Reply Quote
I don't have mind control so what do I replace it with
Reply Quote
08/05/2014 09:09 AMPosted by BeatDownCity
Its not terrible for like...25 to 19-18. Otherwise its rather bad. Extremely bad. As its super outdated. Something to build on or alter to make it more fresh and absorbing new ways to combat the meta and decks commonly seen while ranking.

OP's deck was amazing when it came out, but at that time mind control cost 8 mana, not 10. If it still cost 8, this deck would still be very strong, but alas...
Reply Quote
ya your deck sucks serious D. The likeliness of getting all the cards you want in one play is slim to none...
Reply Quote
What is the driving strategy behind this deck? What does one want to try to get in their starting hand?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]