Shattered Sun Cleric x2

-Spells (12)

Holy Nova x2
Holy Smite x2
Mind Control x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Shadow Word: Pain x2

Wow this deck is pretty good, I've gotten good results from it. However these are my own tweaks since i have some cards which are not basic, please tell me if they look ok to you guys:

-2 Crocolisk
+2 Amani Berserker
*The most obvious tweak to make, the crocolisk is 2/3 for 2, the berserker is 2/3 for 2 with ability. It only costs 40 dust to make this card btw :)

-Grizzly
+2 Acidic Swamp Ooze
*Every deck needs Oozes because they are the only cards which destroy weapons (unless you count the pirate which removes 1 durability which sucks). You have posters here saying they got to platinum however it's hard to imagine since the original decklist are all weenies and you have no weapon removal, fiery war axes, true silver would be 2-1 trades against you, the warrior card that gives you a 2/2 weapon and a body will kill around 2-3 cards by itself and gorehowl or doomhammer will kill all your creatures, The grizzly is nice as a taunt but as a 3/3 minon it dies too easily to other 3 mana and higher cards, even 2 mana cards with 3 attack can kill it.

-2 Dark Scale Healer
+2 Gurabashi Berzerker
*I have no use for the healer, it costs 5 mana and is only 4/5 and your creatures are weenies so how many are alive when this gets summoned? Sure it can draw you a lot of cards, but that only when you have a lot of damaged minions and a priestess on the board, guess what if that's happening you're winning anyway, the berkerker can also end games because it gets the attack buff even if you heal it to full health and since it has 7 health it's almost guaranteed to survive the turn unless the opponent has 8/8 guys running around.

-2 Yeti
+2 Dark Iron Dwarfs
*This is a matter of preference I just like dwarfs since you can make favorable trades. The +1 health to the yeti isn't as important to me as the +2 attack can make your inventors decent creatures.

-1 Mind Control
-1 Sun cleric
+2 Sunwalker
-The MC is too expensive IMHO to have more than 1 in the deck, it costs 10 mana and you have the card which kills creature with more than 5 attack anyway. I also took out the sun cleric because if my minons die or I draw both of them sometimes i have to summon a 3/2 for 3, The Sunwalkers are eaten by the blood knight but is great everywhere else, esp. against enemy priest since they are 4 attack.

-1 Smite
-1 Inventor
+2 Spellbreakers
*I just took out two of the weaker cards to fit in 2 spellbreakers, It seems weird to build a control deck without silence. I play casual A LOT to farm gold and I run into priests running light wells and light spawns and inner fire, or pallies who like to blessing of kings their 1/1s, or warlocks with annoying blood imps. SP is great against these guys.
Reply Quote
01/11/2014 11:43 AMPosted by roslolian
Every deck needs Oozes because they are the only cards which destroy weapons (unless you count the pirate which removes 1 durability which sucks).

Why you forget Harrison Jones. :(
Reply Quote
01/11/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Villy
Every deck needs Oozes because they are the only cards which destroy weapons (unless you count the pirate which removes 1 durability which sucks).

Why you forget Harrison Jones. :(

Because he's a legendary lol, if I have enough dust to get a legendary I'd get someone else, like Ragnaros.

Anyway I just discovered Injured Blademasters are pure gold in this deck, once I scrape enough dust to craft some I'll figure out something else to take out. I'm also starting to regret taking out the hand of might, that card has so little power but offers amazing utility early game, which is when you need it the most. I also took out the lone gnomish inventor for an azure drake, that card has 2 more attack and spell power for just 1 more mana. I'll update my decklist once I take more matches, but right now it's really useful for farming gold in the casual area, I win majority of the time against aggro-rush decks as I put out taunt after taunt and they have to burn multiple cards to get rid of gurobashi berzerkers. It's also a lot of fun seeing newbs ragequit the game, one time an opponent topdecked the dragon with the 1/1s and sent out the WP, I cast the priest AOE and MCed his dragon the next turn LOL!
Reply Quote
If you can do some crafting there are these amazing cards as priest :

In order of preference :
- Wild Pyromancer (100 dust). IMO a must have against Warlock/Murloc. I could win against these decks thanks to this card.
- Auchenai Soulpriest (100 dust) + Erthen Ring Farseer (40 dust)
- Temple Enforcer (40 dust)

And as you said Injured BladeMasters
Edited by Methode on 1/12/2014 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2014 02:38 AMPosted by Methode
If you can do some crafting there are these amazing cards as priest :

In order of preference :
- Wild Pyromancer (100 dust). IMO a must have against Warlock/Murloc. I could win against these decks thanks to this card.
- Auchenai Soulpriest (100 dust) + Erthen Ring Farseer (40 dust)
- Temple Enforcer (40 dust)

And as you said Injured BladeMasters

I don't like the Pyromancer because I'm not that good a player, The priest has a ton of spells and my deck has lots of weenies (Ooze, Inventor, Priestess) so I always forget about him and end up killing all my own minions. I've played several Murloc decks and I don't think they're a good matchup for the priest, using the 1/3 Priestess you can kill a 2/1 or 1/1 Murlock and then heal it to draw a card. Once you reach turn 4 you can put down a senjin shield master as a speedbump, turn 5 you Holy Nova and all their Murlocs die.

Do you think the Temple Enforcer is better than the Sunwalker? The Enforcer buffs another creature, but the SW has taunt and divine shield so I'm not sure which is better for a priest.I don't think I can fit in both the Blade master and Soul priest, which do you think is better?
Reply Quote
01/12/2014 04:54 AMPosted by roslolian
I don't like the Pyromancer because I'm not that good a player, The priest has a ton of spells and my deck has lots of weenies (Ooze, Inventor, Priestess) so I always forget about him and end up killing all my own minions. I've played several Murloc decks and I don't think they're a good matchup for the priest, using the 1/3 Priestess you can kill a 2/1 or 1/1 Murlock and then heal it to draw a card. Once you reach turn 4 you can put down a senjin shield master as a speedbump, turn 5 you Holy Nova and all their Murlocs die.

Do you think the Temple Enforcer is better than the Sunwalker? The Enforcer buffs another creature, but the SW has taunt and divine shield so I'm not sure which is better for a priest.I don't think I can fit in both the Blade master and Soul priest, which do you think is better?

I like the way I can kill Faerie Dragon or Knife Juggler or Ooze with the Pyromancer if I already have a an Engineer on the board.

I use one of each on my priest deck so I can't realy say which is better. If I have to choose, I think that Sunwalker is better because the opponent use a lot of energy to kill it. And it's a 4 attack minions which is great against priest :D
Edited by Methode on 1/13/2014 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Priests are anoying to play against and need to be nerfed to thr ground asap.
Reply Quote
01/13/2014 05:50 PMPosted by Best
Priests are anoying to play against and need to be nerfed to thr ground asap.

one of the first posts every new player to this game who become active in the forums posts
Reply Quote
http://www.hearthhead.com/deckbuilder#cMAm7Mab7Mdz7MoN7Mfz7Mnc7zR7MqY7Mj57MaA7zs7MaP7MAo7MAa7MrF7MzR8V

Minus the Legendary Prophet Velen, 2 Shieldbearers, 2 Lightspawns, and 2 Fen Creepers, this is my deck. I replace those 7 cards with Taunts until I get the cards mentioned above.

I'm considering the following cards:
~Holy Nova
~Spell Breakers
~Mass Dispel
~Wild Pyromancer
~Tauren Warrior
~Defender of Argus
~Sunwalker

Divine Spirit + Inner Fire on Gurubashi Beserker/Mogu'shan Warden = Kill Condition.

I mostly farm Casual as I lack the value to really compete in Ranked. So let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Edited by Arkondrius on 1/13/2014 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice setup, friend!

But what if we change 2 x River Crocolisk to 2 x Amani Berserker? Same 2 mana and 2/3 attack/health cards, but they got Enrage, huhuhuh...
Reply Quote
Doesnt work at all..
Reply Quote
I know this is a pretty old thread but i really love this deck and was wondering if you could incorporate the divine spirit and inner fire combo with this. What cards would you take out to fit those in?
Reply Quote
Deck is ridiculously strong for only basic cards, love it. Can get !@#$ed on rng but that applies to any deck
Reply Quote
lol I spent thousands of dust crafting some hot Druid/Shaman/Warlock murlock decks. Like the popoular Swamplock and Murcolapyse from top players. This BASIC deck brought me from rank 17 to rank 14 in a couple of hours and all I changed was the crocs for the berserkers, the yetis for Ogre magis/Azure drake and the Darkscale healers for 2 Faceless Manipulators (This is not necessary but I like to watch the opponent rage when I mind control an Ysera and then Faceless manipulate her next turn).

Awesome deck +1
Reply Quote
Wow thanks. This budget deck is actually really good. I went from win lose win lose....to bonus win stars.
Reply Quote
Maybe I'm suck or other decks have gotten better because I'm only winning about 50% of the time. But I have other cards besides basic so maybe I can do some adjusting.

I have noticed that a lot of people now have enemies with an attack of 4 which really screws over shadow word.

It is a better deck than anything I could make though, so thanks!
Reply Quote
This deck is actually very good :)

With a minor tweaks you can go up to rank 14 - 13.

However, you shouldnt expect more, not until you can add rares, epic and 1-3 legendary.

That, or I am really bad ^^
Reply Quote
So obviously I'm not using it correctly then. What strategy or things do u look for when playing with this deck?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]