Epic Priest deck with Basic Cards!

Hi, thank you so much!! I just started playing this game yesterday and this deck is very good!!

One quick question:

I just got a epic neutral card:big game hunter

can it be used to replace any card in this deck to improve the deck? or just keep the original one and leave Big Game Hunter?

Thank you so much!!
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 09:23 PMPosted by Alvinlol
I just got a epic neutral card:big game hunter

can it be used to replace any card in this deck to improve the deck? or just keep the original one and leave Big Game Hunter?

Thank you so much!!
If you want to use it, I would replace one of the mind controls
Edited by Donbot on 2/4/2014 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
i dont understand why peoples copy deck and than think its actualy gonna work? just becuz some pro play hes deck and u copy hes deck does not mean u gonna win all the time and be pro all comes to how you played and how good rng was i guess i'm the only one here who actualy dont use any meta/copy decks but just random
Edited by BumbleBee on 2/5/2014 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Basic Deck :

-Minions (16)

Chillwind Yeti x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Gnomish Inventor x2
Ironfur Grizzly x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Novice Engineer x1
River Crocolisk x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x1

-Spells (14)

Holy Nova x2
Holy Smite x2
Inner Fire x2
Divine Spirit x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Shadow Word: Pain x2

it s my deck and it s working.
i never lost this deck in the last 10 games.
I'm open to recommendations
Reply Quote
Guys, I got to rank 10 (4 stars) with this deck. :)
IT ROCKS. Hichly efficient and versatile. You can deal with numerous play styles and legendaries.
Reply Quote
Live Priest deck action!

Come hang out.

http://www.twitch.tv/freemindgaming
Reply Quote
Deck dies after 20.
Reply Quote
No it doesn't

I've been playing the Doctor Draw deck for quite a while now (Since reset) and I've been continually beating good players rocking rares, epics and legendaries; if you catch a Northshire Cleric early you're absolutely golden, considering it can trade and draw for a couple of turns, which pretty much almost guarantees you draw what you need to keep control

I could change it up for stuff like Owls or Faerie Dragons for simple yet effective changes, but I rarely - RARELY - have seen them make a big enough change on the field for me to actually bother to do so, the only thing I'm contemplating changing is adding a Gurubashi Berserker instead of having two Mind Controls, since MC is so expensive and you don't know if actually stealing their Ysera or Ragnaros is going to make or break the game, considering most people who have Legendaries have multiple Legendaries by now anyway (All of which can alter the events of the game)

Gurubashi Berserker adds some endgame threat, which can be put out early and force the enemy to focus on it, since any good player will realize that GB's are an automatic win for priests if you let it live long enough (With this build or pretty much any priest build); becoming an 8/7(8/11 + Heals) in only two turns

Great drop to turn force the opponent to burn either expensive cards or trade softies for a huge mudafuka
Reply Quote
I've got Amani Berserkers instead of Crocs. Had orginally swapped crocs for Fairie Dragon, Nice early 3 dmg and cant target, but then again reconsidering because early on you may want your opponent to burn early removal.

And Acolyte of Pain instead of the Inventor (one less mana) and combined with Cleric can be nice for draw. Only once though did i make the mistake of having 2 Acolytes and 2 Clerics on the board and basically killed myself on over draw. lol

And i got for the lightspawn instead of yetis. Can be risky with silence. But makes for good end game combined with either divine spirt, shield, or and added Temple enforcer. Late game for me usually wins either mind control or light spawn.

I had also replaced engineer with Loot horder. but with acolyte theres enough card draw so i am considering replacing with Owls.
Reply Quote
my Current deck has no legendaries but I think it's pretty imba

Cheap Basic control Deck :

-Minions (17)
Northshire Cleric x2
Acidic swamp Ooze x1
Ironfur Grizzly x1
Mind Control Tech x2
Raging worgen x1
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Tauren warrior x1
LightSpawn x1
Stranglehorn Tiger x1
Sunwalker x1
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2

-Spells (13)
Inner Fire x1
Power Word: Shield x2
Divine spirit x1
Shadow Word: Pain x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Holy Nova x2
Mind Control x2
Shadow Madness x1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGWZ2JnItGc
Reply Quote
02/05/2014 09:22 AMPosted by BumbleBee
i dont understand why peoples copy deck and than think its actualy gonna work? just becuz some pro play hes deck and u copy hes deck does not mean u gonna win all the time and be pro all comes to how you played and how good rng was i guess i'm the only one here who actualy dont use any meta/copy decks but just random

RIP English.

On a serious note, "copying" someone else's proven (or not) deck is actually the most ideal way to learn the game if you're new. When you know that a deck works because someone else has high win ratio using that deck and you kept losing with the same deck, there's a high chance that you're doing something wrong with your plays and you can learn from previous experiences without having to worry about crappy deck building. Using random cards to build your deck is just silly and not worth bragging about, just fyi.
Reply Quote
01/26/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Brandon
So obviously I'm not using it correctly then. What strategy or things do u look for when playing with this deck?

Do everything you can to have a Northshire Cleric play on turn one, and if going second, Northshire Cleric with Power Word: Shield. In general you have to play something on turn one or two, otherwise you're pretty screwed. I have lost only twice with this deck when RNG gave me the finger by putting only turn 4-5 drops in my hand even after replacing and several draws. The worst hand I had was 2x Darkscale Healer, 2x Gnomish inventor and then two Mind Control draws.

02/14/2014 02:06 PMPosted by Czaro
Deck dies after 20.

False. I've gotten to 3-star 15 with it and am still rolling.
Edited by Sedinus on 2/23/2014 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
x
Edited by GreyWorm on 5/12/2014 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This deck does suck now
Reply Quote
is this still a good deck to play i need a good decki only play hunter but want to play other decks
Reply Quote
I added gurubashi, corehound and raid leader.
Reply Quote
Then come talk "priest is not OP" !
Look that easy way deck... nerfffffffff that sh**
Reply Quote
Mind Control really paid off for my previous match !

I've got 2 Mind Control in my hand and I've been saving it for quite a long time.

When he spawned Core Hound, I immediately used it and got that minion (athough it doesn't grant you an instant feature to attack after being Mind Controlled) but it really pissed off my opponent.

Then, the next turn, he played an Onyxia and he was like quite happy with it, but.... not for long as I used my 2nd Mind Control and win the game :)

And yeah, thanks for this deck build, I won 4 games in a row, with just basic cards lol.
Reply Quote
Ya this is okay. I too just made some minor modifications like getting ooze and the indiana jones ripoff just to take care of possible weapon use.
Reply Quote
I have a 0% win rate with this deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]