Ok is time to nerf hunter like miracle rogue

The game is changed from the patch, i think is more balanced now.

Miracle rogue died. Great news for metagame.

But now why we can see the hunter deck with the same mechanic of Miracle?

Did u know combo hunter with Buzzard+Timber Wolfs+dragonhawk and.... of course "Unleash the Hounds"

GG guys!!!

I suggest to stop these kinds of decks.
On HS there are no windows in the opponent's turn to take actions.
So please stop this decks that play alone. Are not funny.

Thx for work.

cya dav!
Reply Quote
You want to remove the only real viable hunter archetype there is?
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Vlak
You want to remove the only real viable hunter archetype there is?

When that archetype is used by almost every single hunter and nearly guarantees a win against almost every class? Yes.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Plunkie
nearly guarantees a win against almost every class

BAHAHAHAHA.

Tell you what, rework the hunter class so more than a single deck becomes viable in a heavy control meta and i will agree with the nerf.
Reply Quote
So... your definition of 'viable' means getting an easy mode win? I have yet to face a hunter using this miracle OTK strategy and be anywhere near feeling like I have any chance to win the match.
Reply Quote
You don't think I've tried that?

I had a game where I had three taunt creatures on the board when the OTK was initiated, and I still stood no chance.

Even if the hunter can't completely kill you off that turn, you'll be down to about 5 hp or so anyways and they can just finish you off with their hero power.
Reply Quote

I had a game where I had three taunt creatures on the board when the OTK was initiated, and I still stood no chance.

Even if the hunter can't completely kill you off that turn, you'll be down to about 5 hp or so anyways and they can just finish you off with their hero power.

You are telling me you had 3 taunt creatures (that's bye bye 3 creatures).

Assumming i summoned 5 minions at turn 7, 3 of them would die. Which would leave open to 2 of em (i'd leave a dragonhawk and the vulture alive), thats 3 + 2x2 = 7 direct damage... yeah, not enough to kill anyone, and leaves the hunter open for any (and i mean ANY) response by your part. I mean if you are going to try to come bull!@#$ us with your senseless numbers, a least make it beliveable.

However, i do agree the deck is strong if properly set up on the proper scenario, but then again, what deck is not strong under these conditions?
Reply Quote
Yep. Plunkie is exaggerating his examples to support his argument. /sigh
Edited by Unorthodox on 10/16/2013 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No exaggeration at all. Two of the minions he summoned were owls, so he could bypass my taunts.

It's nice that the default position people take on this forum is to call BS when they don't like what someone has to say.
Edited by Plunkie on 10/16/2013 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep, this Hunter deck is completely broken atm. Nerf will be incoming in the next beta patch.

Trying to work my way through 2 star master with a Rogue deck tonight. Only lost 3 games, all 3 of them were this Hunter deck.

There is no thinking involved on the hunter's part for this deck to win. All the hunter has to do is play secrets and spells to keep the board clear for the first 6 or 7 turns (oh hi there double explosive trap double snipe) and chip you down with steady shot.

Then, they play 2 buzzards and every 1-2 cost beast in their deck (yes, including owls to remove taunt) then unleash the hounds and win.

Must be fun right? ZZzzzzzz....
Edited by Rubdown on 10/17/2013 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

You are telling me you had 3 taunt creatures (that's bye bye 3 creatures).

Assumming i summoned 5 minions at turn 7, 3 of them would die. Which would leave open to 2 of em (i'd leave a dragonhawk and the vulture alive), thats 3 + 2x2 = 7 direct damage... yeah, not enough to kill anyone, and leaves the hunter open for any (and i mean ANY) response by your part. I mean if you are going to try to come bull!@#$ us with your senseless numbers, a least make it beliveable.

However, i do agree the deck is strong if properly set up on the proper scenario, but then again, what deck is not strong under these conditions?

Stop trying to defend an OBVIOUSLY overpowered card. Unleash the Hounds is BROKEN and everyone in top masters knows this except the hunters that use it which is the majority of them. You need at LEAST 3 taunts up and even that may not be enough if the hunters has owls in his deck. You also cannot expect players to gimp their decks with taunters just because 1 card is completely broken.
Reply Quote
Sigh nevermind, there's no use to talking anyone here, i really don't know what to tell you if you got 7-card combo-ed.

I'm just gonna say this is the only viable Hunter deck right now, the rest of the decks perishes against control.
Reply Quote
Hunter need a rework, i agreed.

But there are no reason to defend a stupid deck cause hunter needs a change.

This combo is broken, i know that hunter are not viable and cant win on tournaments. I know.

But anyway, change this stupid combo and give hunter an intresting gameplay pls.

Dont nerf hunter, just give him a more intresting gameplay. Not a no brain op combo pls.

Ranked are not funny with this hunters.
Reply Quote
Hunter need a rework, i agreed.

But there are no reason to defend a stupid deck cause hunter needs a change.

This combo is broken, i know that hunter are not viable and cant win on tournaments. I know.

But anyway, change this stupid combo and give hunter an intresting gameplay pls.

Dont nerf hunter, just give him a more intresting gameplay. Not a no brain op combo pls.

Ranked are not funny with this hunters.

I concur, give me an alternate viable play and i'll gladly take it. However i'd miss this deck so much if it ever gets the Miracle Rogue treatment.
Reply Quote
No exaggeration at all. Two of the minions he summoned were owls, so he could bypass my taunts.

It's nice that the default position people take on this forum is to call BS when they don't like what someone has to say.

2 owls = 4 mana and 6 damage. 1 Unleash = 1 mana. How much mana did he have remaining? Was this turn 10? What were the other cards he played? How did he take out the remaining taunter? How much life left did you have when his turn started? How much life left did he have?

Defend your case, man. If this was turn 8, he already spent 4 mana on owls. In the absolute best case scenario, he then played 2 hawks, a wolf, and an unleash. That's SIX cards he had in hand, thus implying he hadn't been playing many cards up until this point (except maybe cards that had been drawing him more cards in previous rounds, instead of playing answers to your threats). Then, let's assume one owl took out the remaining taunter, and he then hit you with a wolf for 2, two dragonhawks for 6 each, and the final owl for 4. That's only 18 damage. Let's even throw in a bow for good measure, bringing the total up to 21.

So, here's what happened:

1) You created no early game board presense. You tried playing a super control deck, and didn't create anywhere near enough threats for him to have to deal with

2) Since you had no threats on board, he was able to chip off 10 of your life on turns 2-7. That's an average of 2 a turn, using nothing but his bow and hero power. That's a ton of mana each turn.

3) He was able to spend all the rest of his mana on turns 2-7 fishing for more cards, in able to get the absolute perfect hand by turn 8.

Sounds like what happened is your deck did absolutely nothing, so he didn't have to work at keeping you from his throat.

The other option is that this game went to turn 10 or so, so he was able to do a little more damage to you and/or play more minions on his final turn. Still, that late in the game, he shouldn't have been able to keep your board clean AND be able to collect all the cards for his combo. In my experiece with this deck (which is over 200 plays by this point), if I'm going up against a good deck, I HAVE to get my combo on turn 8, or they'll kill me by turn 9.

So, again I say, your deck did nothing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were playing a deck that was made to defend in the early game, then hit its stride late game. Still, that's a flaw on your part, since most of the decks out there right now are made to have a strong late game. Priest in particular will out-play just about everyone late game. In order to do well against most of the decks currently being played, you need to play a deck that hits harder, faster.

Or, maybe you were playing priest, and are just mad that you actually lost a match? In later rounds? In that case, boo hoo.
Reply Quote
Trying to work my way through 2 star master with a Rogue deck tonight. Only lost 3 games, all 3 of them were this Hunter deck.

Maybe those are the only games you lost because your deck just happens to be particularly weak against this hunter deck. By the way, if you've made a deck THAT strong, then you don't have much right to complain about the strength of other decks.

There is no thinking involved on the hunter's part for this deck to win. All the hunter has to do is play secrets and spells to keep the board clear for the first 6 or 7 turns (oh hi there double explosive trap double snipe) and chip you down with steady shot.

Then, they play 2 buzzards and every 1-2 cost beast in their deck (yes, including owls to remove taunt) then unleash the hounds and win.

Must be fun right? ZZzzzzzz....

You must have never played this deck. You don't just "play traps". Playing the RIGHT answer by predicting the opponent's plays is literally life or death for this deck. You actually have to be a good player to play this deck. If the wrong card gets played, or a card gets played at the wrong time, you won't be able to answer your opponent's threats later game, and you WILL lose.

By comparison, most other decks out there are as simple as "load up board with allies/play spells and weapons to kill enemy allies". That's not particularly brain-wracking either. Unleash Hunter happens to be one of the only unique, truly interesting decks out there. It might be boring to play AGAINST, but I promise it's the most challenging fun I've had in this game to play AS.

By the way, if you honestly think the strategy is to play 2 buzzards as the opening to your combo every time, then you don't even understand how the deck works. Buzzards are literally the LAST cards I want to play, unless I utterly have to.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Derek
By comparison, most other decks out there are as simple as "load up board with allies/play spells and weapons to kill enemy allies". That's not particularly brain-wracking either.

This has to be the best quote I've ever read on these forums. Are you really trying to convince us that using minions on the board is brainless? And that the Buzzard Unleash the Hounds deck requires more brain power than every other deck out there? If so, you truly are the symbol of a player that is willing to state complete BS just to defend an overpowered card.

10/17/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Derek
Unleash Hunter happens to be one of the only unique, truly interesting decks out there.

Truly interesting decks? There is NOTHING interesting about it. It is as brainless as you can get for a deck.

1. Fish for the one mana cost beasts/unleash using Flare and Tracking.
2. Play secrets, Deadly Shot, Kill Command(only if needed) until you have lethal.
3. If you have lethal, drop buzzards followed by X number of beasts then pop Unleash the Hounds.

It might be boring to play AGAINST, but I promise it's the most challenging fun I've had in this game to play AS

If playing a brainless deck is fun then more power to you but it definitely isn't "challenging fun" especially when the majority of hunters run the same deck in top Masters.

Please EXPLAIN why Unleash the Hounds giving +1 attack AND charge to ALL beasts(35 total cards) for ONE mana is "balanced".
Edited by Bloodshot on 10/17/2013 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Truly interesting decks? There is NOTHING interesting about it. It is as brainless as you can get for a deck.

2. Play secrets, Deadly Shot, Kill Command(only if needed) until you have lethal.
3. If you have lethal, drop buzzards followed by X number of beasts then pop Unleash the Hounds.

Ohohoho, you don't have any idea of how damn wrong you are right now, any mistake = bye bye match.
Reply Quote

Ohohoho, you don't have any idea of how damn wrong you are right now, any mistake = bye bye match.

Since when could a mistake NOT cost you the match? Thanks for stating the obvious. If you are going to tell me playing your deck requires more thought than a hunter playing a deck full of minions then you are living in a dream world.

I also love how EVERY single hunter dodges the simple question :

Please EXPLAIN why Unleash the Hounds giving +1 attack AND charge to ALL beasts(35 total cards) for ONE mana is "balanced".
Edited by Bloodshot on 10/17/2013 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]