Ok is time to nerf hunter like miracle rogue

Ohohoho, you don't have any idea of how damn wrong you are right now, any mistake = bye bye match.

Since when could a mistake NOT cost you the match? Thanks for stating the obvious. If you are going to tell me playing your deck requires more thought than a hunter playing a deck full of minions then you are living in a dream world.

I also love how EVERY single hunter dodges the simple question :

Please EXPLAIN why Unleash the Hounds giving +1 attack AND charge to ALL beasts(35 total cards) for ONE mana is "balanced".

As a priest, you barely feel mistakes ahahahaha.

Because you require to play a !@#$ ton of beasts for it to be worth something, against control decks it's impossible to have them alive, so holding them in hand is the best idea, but that also means you will playing with very few resources, so basically holding 6 cards in your hand, for the whole game, is what keeps it balanced.
Reply Quote
Because you require to play a !@#$ ton of beasts for it to win the game for you

Fixed.

The deck is broken because Hearthstone does not allow players to take any actions during the opponent's turn.

It is not balanced to be able to go from an empty board to playing 5-6 creatures, drawing 4-9 cards, buffing them ALL, and attacking with them ALL for 20+ damage in a SINGLE TURN.
Edited by Rubdown on 10/18/2013 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep hunters are just cheap, there is nothing you can do vs that deck they have. They keep putting up minions every turn, while you have to keep fighting them off till you get overwhelmed. Not fun one bit fighting a hunter, just bs.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Fame
Yep hunters are just cheap, there is nothing you can do vs that deck they have. They keep putting up minions every turn, while you have to keep fighting them off till you get overwhelmed. Not fun one bit fighting a hunter, just bs.

Yeah, not even a flamestrike or any other wipe can do the job.
Reply Quote

Yeah, not even a flamestrike or any other wipe can do the job.

THAT'S what i'm saying dude!! NOBODY drops beasts at ANY turn but the one you intend to use UhT because if you do, you instantly lose the game.

It's LITERALLY impossible to play a regular "drop the minion, hit the enemy" deck (And if you didnt know, Hunters are one of the classes who are extremely dependant on minions hitting your enemy's face to win, along with warlocks, whose minions function in another way all around, and STILL have a strong lategame) because the place is PLAGUED by control decks, decks that run at least 2 minion with spellpower, and 4 to 6 ways to wipe the board along with 4 to 6 direct removal cards, along with their winning combo (Either Archmage Antonidas bombing, Lightspawn overload, or just a Velen and holy fire to the face)

Thats WHY the deck is good, it excels at what it does. But if you ever had the displeasure of facing one of the few Murloc decks with this (A deck that has fallen VERY behind because this very reason, a control meta) or whatever deck that is able to put pressure since T1 (hell, even mirrors are quite difficult if he knows how to play it around) then it becomes a nightmare, specially if you haven't got the crab to hold those damn murlocs.

Edit: Think it like a Rock, Paper Scissor, a VERY well made rock paper scissor, Rock being control, paper being Unleash, and scissor being ANY deck with early swarm capabilities.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/18/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So you have to play a mage and use flamestrike by turn 7 when you're already dead or near dead, nice one!
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Fame
So you have to play a mage and use flamestrike by turn 7 when you're already dead or near dead, nice one!

Way to completely miss the point of the people who are taking the time to explain why this deck, though powerful, is balanced.

flamestrike and other massive board clears are exactly why this build is necessary: because the obviously intended hunter gameplay of playing/building up a swarm of minions is 100% countered by the current meta of control decks everywhere.

Much like stated above, this counters control decks yes, but any early rush deck is a huge problem playing this. The reason people are so upset about this hunter deck is because everyone made the switch to control.

If you feel like you cannot play a rush deck to counter this, its because of the control-flooded meta. Lord knows I tried extremely hard to make a more traditional hunter rush deck work, but the meta of control decks made it impossible.

I would not be against a redesign of the hunter, but to simply nerf the class would be to destroy the class in the current meta.
Edited by Druski on 10/18/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Druski

Way to completely miss the point of the people who are taking the time to explain why this deck, though powerful, is balanced.

flamestrike and other massive board clears are exactly why this build is necessary: because the obviously intended hunter gameplay of playing/building up a swarm of minions is 100% countered by the current meta of control decks everywhere.

Much like stated above, this counters control decks yes, but any early rush deck is a huge problem playing this. The reason people are so upset about this hunter deck is because everyone made the switch to control.

If you feel like you cannot play a rush deck to counter this, its because of the control-flooded meta. Lord knows I tried extremely hard to make a more traditional hunter rush deck work, but the meta of control decks made it impossible.

I would not be against a redesign of the hunter, but to simply nerf the class would be to destroy the class in the current meta.

You did a much better job explaining the situation that i could have ever imagined, kudos :)

I wouldn't mind a redesign of the class either, and i also agree that the class would be completely smashed if they do nerf it without addresing the control shift issue.
Reply Quote

You did a much better job explaining the situation that i could have ever imagined, kudos :)

And you have crushed me quite a few times in our matches. Doubt you'll remember but we had like 3 random matchups in a row and I'm pretty sure I lost most if not all of them.
Reply Quote

And you have crushed me quite a few times in our matches. Doubt you'll remember but we had like 3 random matchups in a row and I'm pretty sure I lost most if not all of them.

It becomes quite hard to remember players after 700 games xD

I do remember some players, those that spam emotes and then either just concede when they lose, or spam even more emotes when they win. I have to remember those names so i give them a special treatment on their way to that very special place in hell.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Druski
because the obviously intended hunter gameplay of playing/building up a swarm of minions is 100% countered by the current meta of control decks everywhere.

This statement is wrong in so many ways...Where do YOU get 100% from? Unleash the Hounds is broken at 1 mana cost. Stop trying to ride the bandwagon and act like it isn't.
Reply Quote
because the obviously intended hunter gameplay of playing/building up a swarm of minions is 100% countered by the current meta of control decks everywhere.

This statement is wrong in so many ways...Where do YOU get 100% from? Unleash the Hounds is broken at 1 mana cost. Stop trying to ride the bandwagon and act like it isn't.

You just don't get it, there's 10 posts telling you what's up, and you don't get it.

You know what, i'm done with you, i came to the conclusion that you don't want to listen reasons and that you just want something nerfed just for the sake of keeping your deck untouched (i bet my house's deeds you play control, hence why your frustration with this particular setup)

It has been explained many times, but you don't want to read, then so be it, i'll not read you either.

Edit: I will just make a dummy chart for you, in a final attemp to explain it to you.

Deck types = Control, Swarm, Aggro

Hunter mechanic = Play beast, hit enemy, win (Traditionally Swarm)

Control = Anti beast (anti swarm)

Hunter + Control meta = Hunter is !@#$ed // Hunter + Unleash control deck = Metacontrol counterd

Hunter + Unleash control deck + Enemy with Swarm deck (There's only a few, it's a control meta) = Hunter is %^-*ed.

Hunter returns to original idea + Enemy with Swarm deck = Hunter and enemy have an even chance to win (swarm vs swarm), but both of them get easily !@#$ed by control, and control meta rises again.

It's an endless vicious circle of rock paper scissors.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/18/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also love how EVERY single hunter dodges the simple question :

Please EXPLAIN why Unleash the Hounds giving +1 attack AND charge to ALL beasts(35 total cards) for ONE mana is "balanced".

How many times do we need to explain it? It's happened at least three times in this thread alone.

In order for the card to be effective, you need to play a LOT of minions at once. This means drawing cards to find the ones you need, PLUS controlling the opponent's board presence with the few remaining control cards you've managed to draw, PLUS using your remaining mana to chip away at the enemy hero, because your beasts simply won't do 30+ damage in one turn. Juggling all of this is not an easy feat, and only skilled players can do it truly effectively. In any....ANY...other scenario, UtH is just not nearly as strong a card.

10/17/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Bloodshot
giving +1 attack AND charge to ALL beasts(35 total cards)

Have you ever seen a player with 35 beasts in play? Awful argument. If the charge is to be made the most of, then you need to play all the beasts in the same turn. Mana restricts how many you can play in one turn, and the longer you wait, the closer your opponent will get to killing you in the meantime. Rogues, for example, can still do 15-20 damage in one turn, and priests can buff a single minion to over 40/40 in a single turn if you weren't able to kill it the turn before.

10/18/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Bloodshot
Unleash the Hounds is broken at 1 mana cost. Stop trying to ride the bandwagon and act like it isn't.

Wow. Way to prove your point. That's not even an argument. That's just a talking point.

10/18/2013 12:28 AMPosted by Rubdown
The deck is broken because Hearthstone does not allow players to take any actions during the opponent's turn.

And a single taunter with five or more life won't completely shut the deck down? Or three taunters with one life? Or any of a list of secrets? Or priest or paladin or druid heals to keep the opponent up to 30 health, or warrior armor to exceed 30? Or a rush or awarm deck to do fatal damage to the hunter before it can get its combo off?

This deck has exactly ONE chance to kill its opponent, so it needs to run all sorts of counters (owls for silence, flares for secret removal, etc.) JUST in hope that, when the time comes that the hunter has no choice but to push the combo, nothing stands in his way. If he mis-plays, or if one single card comes out that he doesn't have time to react to, he auto-loses.

What's all that to say? That if you're a good player, and if you know what to expect from the hunter, you'll win, because you built a deck that has the answers, and you knew when to play them. Essentially, you out-hunter the hunter.
Reply Quote
As a guy who plays a variety of classes at 3 stars grandmaster (including mage, shaman, hunter and a few others) For the crying OP, I really, really hope you don't play a control deck (you probably do), cause if you do play control, screw you, seriously, just screw you.

This ridiculous control meta is the reason that i have to play my freakinh Warrior (!) deck as control. filled with minion clearing spells, while i can assemble a plethora of combos to chunk the enemy roughly 15 damage in bursts.
Reply Quote
How many times do we need to explain it? It's happened at least three times in this thread alone.

In order for the card to be effective, you need to play a LOT of minions at once. This means drawing cards to find the ones you need, PLUS controlling the opponent's board presence with the few remaining control cards you've managed to draw, PLUS using your remaining mana to chip away at the enemy hero, because your beasts simply won't do 30+ damage in one turn. Juggling all of this is not an easy feat, and only skilled players can do it truly effectively. In any....ANY...other scenario, UtH is just not nearly as strong a card.

OK lets compare UtH to Warrior's charge since you still prefer to create scenarios on how to counter it rather than deal with the ACTUAL cost of the card.

Warrior - Charge (0 mana) - Give a friendly minion Charge.

So for 1 additional mana you are able to charge ALL beasts(35 possible options) and grant them +1 attack. Please tell me how that 1 additional mana cost is balanced compared to other class cards.

10/18/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Derek
Have you ever seen a player with 35 beasts in play? Awful argument. If the charge is to be made the most of, then you need to play all the beasts in the same turn. Mana restricts how many you can play in one turn, and the longer you wait, the closer your opponent will get to killing you in the meantime. Rogues, for example, can still do 15-20 damage in one turn, and priests can buff a single minion to over 40/40 in a single turn if you weren't able to kill it the turn before.

Are you that dumb? You knew exactly what I meant when I wrote "35 beast cards"..Obviously it means the Hunter has 35 possible choices to use with UtH. As for mana restrictions, this is common sense which is why hunters play the LEAST mana cost beasts to exploit UtH cost.

10/18/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Derek
Wow. Way to prove your point. That's not even an argument. That's just a talking point.

I'll keep stating it until you actually JUSTIFY the one mana cost compared to EVERY OTHER class card out there for that cost. Stop creating scenarios on HOW to counter UtH when the issue at hand is the COST. All HS cards are obviously given a mana cost that the devs "think is balanced". Don't tell me that EVERY single card currently in "closed beta" is at a "balanced mana cost". Battle Rage/Frost Bolt/Divine Favor etc. was adjusted recently which proves my point.

And a single taunter with five or more life won't completely shut the deck down? Or three taunters with one life? Or any of a list of secrets? Or priest or paladin or druid heals to keep the opponent up to 30 health, or warrior armor to exceed 30? Or a rush or awarm deck to do fatal damage to the hunter before it can get its combo off?

This deck has exactly ONE chance to kill its opponent, so it needs to run all sorts of counters (owls for silence, flares for secret removal, etc.) JUST in hope that, when the time comes that the hunter has no choice but to push the combo, nothing stands in his way. If he mis-plays, or if one single card comes out that he doesn't have time to react to, he auto-loses.

What's all that to say? That if you're a good player, and if you know what to expect from the hunter, you'll win, because you built a deck that has the answers, and you knew when to play them. Essentially, you out-hunter the hunter.

Again, another scenario on "how to counter UtH". Discuss cost not scenarios.
Edited by Bloodshot on 10/19/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The idea is to make the hunter balanced. If changes are made, they will be made to bring hunters in line with other classes. One turn wins are ridiculous. If a hunter goes from no minions on the board to winning the game by doing 20+ damage thats uncounterable, theres a problem. This can be done as early as turn 7 (and often is).
Edited by Hippy on 10/19/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Huntards in wow, huntards in hearthstone. Class made for bad players who have zero skill, just put up minions over and over, nothing to think about. Also doing 2 damage with their op hero ability, people should just play priests till both hunters and priests get nerfed.
Reply Quote
The game is changed from the patch, i think is more balanced now.

Miracle rogue died. Great news for metagame.

But now why we can see the hunter deck with the same mechanic of Miracle?

Did u know combo hunter with Buzzard+Timber Wolfs+dragonhawk and.... of course "Unleash the Hounds"

GG guys!!!

I suggest to stop these kinds of decks.
On HS there are no windows in the opponent's turn to take actions.
So please stop this decks that play alone. Are not funny.

Thx for work.

cya dav!

Well you know its coming so use a taunt on turn 6 and profit?????
Reply Quote
I bet these guys are the same that complain-d about stampede and BW's damage even tho you could just CC them like nobody's business.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Fame
Huntards in wow, huntards in hearthstone. Class made for bad players who have zero skill, just put up minions over and over, nothing to think about. Also doing 2 damage with their op hero ability, people should just play priests till both hunters and priests get nerfed.

I'm curious exactly what class takes "skill" to play?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]