Priest is broken

Removes everything you have, mind controls once they've used up all their removals GG

Priest players will obviously be against this same way as rogues were
Reply Quote
More tears. Go home.
Reply Quote
^ Priest
Reply Quote
Actually I agree, their removal is too good and spells synergy out of control.

Don't nerf though, I enjoy playing the OP class while harassing opponent with "The Light shall burn you!"
Edited by Dzerro on 10/24/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Priests have enough removal for 2 3toughness and down mobs, 2 5+ mobs.

If you factor in 2HP mobs, we have 2Holy novas at T5 (earliest). And I guess Shadow madness for Tough 3 and down, but it's not really a removal unless we can guarantee a 2f1 trade. Otherwise you're just going 1 for 1. As with all these cards, theyre 1f1's. We're not gaining any sort of lead. So unless the priest is combo'ing you with monsters+removals, you're trading 1f1.

And somehow you say that these priests are doing all of this AND buffing their minions to 20/20.

Holy smokes.

They must get the perfect hand every game.

There is SO many ways to screw up priests tempo, it's honestly really easy. On my mage, my MvP winrate is very high. I main priest, and I die to stuff, depending on which deck I run. Weapons warriors are BEASTS. Some warlock rush decks are mega scary as well because of the lack of AOE damage priests have.

Knowing what a class is capable of, and it's strengths and weaknesses make it much easier to combat a class.

In future, please think a little about the game.

Maybe the issue is your decks, or your decision making.
Reply Quote
Priests have enough removal for 2 3toughness and down mobs, 2 5+ mobs.

If you factor in 2HP mobs, we have 2Holy novas at T5 (earliest). And I guess Shadow madness for Tough 3 and down, but it's not really a removal unless we can guarantee a 2f1 trade. Otherwise you're just going 1 for 1. As with all these cards, theyre 1f1's. We're not gaining any sort of lead. So unless the priest is combo'ing you with monsters+removals, you're trading 1f1.

And somehow you say that these priests are doing all of this AND buffing their minions to 20/20.

Holy smokes.

They must get the perfect hand every game.

There is SO many ways to screw up priests tempo, it's honestly really easy. On my mage, my MvP winrate is very high. I main priest, and I die to stuff, depending on which deck I run. Weapons warriors are BEASTS. Some warlock rush decks are mega scary as well because of the lack of AOE damage priests have.

Knowing what a class is capable of, and it's strengths and weaknesses make it much easier to combat a class.

In future, please think a little about the game.

Maybe the issue is your decks, or your decision making.

Just checked your recent posts on a hunch. Hunch confirmed: your overly abundant love for Priests is glaring. Best get used to disappointments - devs have already confirmed an incoming nerf for Priest.

Now, it's a little ignorant on your part to talk about card trade and not talk about mana trade. Yes, SW cards are a 1 for 1, but they're also (in almost every case, unless played poorly) vastly cheaper than the minion they're destroying, giving them opportunity to play something else when the opponent used up all their mana just to play the one minion you just destroyed. Furthermore, Priest's ability to steal cards from the opponent's board and copy cards from the opponent's hand/deck means they run no risk of decking themselves, so card advantage is almost always theirs. In other words, that seven-cost minion you just killed for three mana still leaves you four mana, and plenty of cards, to work with.

Beyond this (and this last point is really the most important), Priest's strong late game and massive card pool (once you factor in the opponent's cards the Priest will be stealing or copying) means their late game is strong like no other class's is. Making cheap 1 for 1 trades and keeping the board clear until late game is therefore exactly the opposite of a stalemate for a Priest; it's a massive advantage.

Priest's biggest hurdle is dealing with decks that either run no minions, or play a serious rush. Even rush can be handled easily with decent early-game cards and a single Holy Nova, though. So, the strategy is basically just learn to play decks that don't run minions. And we wonder why the Unleash the Hounds Hunter is so popular right now (or why there are so many Priests on the Hunter forums complaining about this very deck)....
Reply Quote
Very well said Derek, this sums up many of my thoughts on priest. I don't feel this way about any other class I play against.
Reply Quote
i strongly agree. just got bombed by a 28/28 summon just a few turns into the game.. the one that has attack equal to its health got its health doubled twice...

that's an imbalance if there ever was one
Reply Quote
When I play priest. I know that I am OP and win every match, and I am not an !@# about it with spamming "Thanks" and "The light will burn you" and crap. Whenever I don't play priest. I normally just auto-suicide in constructed now. It's not worth it when I can leave and join another match and actually have fun.
Reply Quote
If you thought the mind control and instant removals was bad try lol.. MASS DISPEL is BROKEN with this kit too
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
i strongly agree. just got bombed by a 28/28 summon just a few turns into the game.. the one that has attack equal to its health got its health doubled twice...

that's an imbalance if there ever was one

There's a lot of 4-card combos in this game that will one-shot you. There are plenty of ways to counter this is you have even a moderate level of competence.
Reply Quote
I'm 1-star Platinum, and 80% of the people I play against are priests. Momentum is lost on about half of those matches on round 8/7 when the priest plays MC, and Shadow Words take care of the rest. It's just not fun. I play Druid mostly, playing against any other class is fun and balanced but Priests just make the game feel not fun and unbalanced. Can't wait for the nerfing.
Reply Quote
Priest are broken they are way to powerful they have way to much enemy removal and board control such as in mind control and talking another character, light well, and 2 different kinds of eneemy removal. Kill an enemy with 3 health or less and kill an enemy with 5 attack or more. There buffs are out of control. FIX THIS !@#$ THIS GAME ISNT FUN ANYMORE.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
11/12/2013 08:29 AMPosted by eon
Priest are broken they are way to powerful they have way to much enemy removal and board control such as in mind control and talking another character, light well, and 2 different kinds of eneemy removal. Kill an enemy with 3 health or less and kill an enemy with 5 attack or more. There buffs are out of control. FIX THIS !@#$ THIS GAME ISNT FUN ANYMORE.

Based on this post, I'd wager you've never even played a Priest. I recommend setting up a deck and winning 10 games as Priest, you'll gain a better perspective.

If you point to Lightwell as one of the "dangerous" cards of the class, you know almost nothing about it.
Reply Quote
Anyone who defends a priest is a loser, same people who defended mages in wow. Nothing new. Bunch of losers.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Vlare
More tears. Go home.

how do people like this remain on the forums without getting banned? Obv. just here to troll and bully, adds nothing to the conversation other than telling people to stop playing the game.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
More tears. Go home.

how do people like this remain on the forums without getting banned? Obv. just here to troll and bully, adds nothing to the conversation other than telling people to stop playing the game.

You could say the exact same thing about the post right above your own though, yet you didn't. It sounds like you're just defending the people who agree with you, not attacking people who are trolls.

On a side note, I actually have a tendency of agreeing with the person you quoted, even if he didn't explain it to any degree. Perhaps just due to having people on these forums for a long time, combined there aren't any classes right now that are REMOTELY unbeatable, I'm tired of seeing all the QQ'ing in the forums. Everytime someone loses ONE game, they come running to the forums crying about how because they lost the game must therefore be unfair. They don't try to correct their deck and playstyle to avoid losing, they try to say that the rules of the game should be altered so that they can keep playing the same and would have won that game. It's actually very irritating.

Basically, if they lost their first game of Connect 4, they'd go and run to the manufacture, complaining it should be changed to Connect 3 or Connect 5.
Edited by Sar on 11/13/2013 4:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
What is your deal Sar? You've responded to everything i've posted, and tend to completely contradict everything anybody has to say. I replied to that because it's the first reply I saw, and it's been sitting for a while, as opposed to the comment above me (equally worthless) which is 20 hours old as of now.

I'm not posting on these forums anymore, because frankly, you're creeping me out.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
What is your deal Sar? You've responded to everything i've posted, and tend to completely contradict everything anybody has to say. I replied to that because it's the first reply I saw, and it's been sitting for a while, as opposed to the comment above me (equally worthless) which is 20 hours old as of now.

I'm not posting on these forums anymore, because frankly, you're creeping me out.

If I actually have responded to everything you've said negatively, then obviously I disagree with you.

I rarely pay attention to the names of posters (they tend to all blur together), so I can neither confirm nor deny if what you're saying is accurate without going back and checking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]