Priest is broken

The problem is that they can remove almost everything while mantaining a huge card advantage and never running out of fuel.

This priest rampage needs to be stopped almost 60-70% of players I've encountered in the past week on master 2 seem to be running the same type of priest deck. Play an early northshire, protect it, clear threats individually or with holy nova, and wait for Mind control.

Shadow Word Death and Shadow Word Pain should deal a fixed ammount of damage to the creatures instead of this easy removal. The creature combos aren't that op, the major problem isn't the combo itself, it's the ridiculous low mana needed to perform it.

Card games should be about variety not everyone running the flavor of the month deck.
Reply Quote
a priest just made a nocive engineer 16/16 i mean this is a joke(even a bad priest,cause for me you are a bad priest if you use all your buffs on such a weak card) can faceroll warrior in 4 rounds
Reply Quote
Ok legit have lost every game to a priest. How can they justify them as being balanced when they have 0-2 mana cost abilites that can add 4+/4+ or 4+ perma health.. It gets pretty outrageous and to just kill a unit your throwing 2+ (3-6 mana) and they only spent 3-4 to create there combo..

Priest has too many good spells for such low cost
Reply Quote
I wouldn't say priests are OP but they are extremely unfun to fight to say the least. Sure mindvision and thoughtsteal might not synergy with your deck but they are still getting more cards and options then any other class through those cards, not to mention the sheer amount of removal they have with SW:P SW:D and MC along with their AOE. While they have an obvious exploitable weakness with 4 power minions, that also leads to problems. If everyone runs 4 strength minions to counter priests then the game becomes a lot less fun for priests due to their cards not being used, and the Meta becomes more bland due to everyone running the same minions.
Reply Quote
12/08/2013 11:04 AMPosted by MaffysWoW
a priest just made a nocive engineer 16/16 i mean this is a joke(even a bad priest,cause for me you are a bad priest if you use all your buffs on such a weak card) can faceroll warrior in 4 rounds

One of the best tricks when playing priest is to play a weak minion on one round, then buff it on the second round unexpectedly. Being able to launch surprise attacks with weak minions is the only direct damage a priest has, and as such it should both be Expected and Countered. You need Board Control to beat a priest, it's not just an option like against some classes. If you don't have board control, the Priest has momentum equal to a bulldozer. If you do, he has the momentum of a dead bull. See the difference?

Winning against a Priest isn't hard. It just takes knowledge and understanding. Understand what the priest does and what his strong points are, then aim for the weaker points. 4 damage creatures, and plenty of them. Board control is the most important thing of all.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Adragondil

One of the best tricks when playing priest is to play a weak minion on one round, then buff it on the second round unexpectedly. Being able to launch surprise attacks with weak minions is the only direct damage a priest has, and as such it should both be Expected and Countered. You need Board Control to beat a priest, it's not just an option like against some classes. If you don't have board control, the Priest has momentum equal to a bulldozer. If you do, he has the momentum of a dead bull. See the difference?

Winning against a Priest isn't hard. It just takes knowledge and understanding. Understand what the priest does and what his strong points are, then aim for the weaker points. 4 damage creatures, and plenty of them. Board control is the most important thing of all.

Again why do I have to sacrifice the way I want to play just to take down ONE CLASS. That means they are unbalanced when everyone has to invest in a bunch of 4 health or 4 attack minions whom you can't buff worth crap. Again being forced to create a deck full of those minions just to take down a Priest means it's overpowered.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Setsuna00

Again why do I have to sacrifice the way I want to play just to take down ONE CLASS. That means they are unbalanced when everyone has to invest in a bunch of 4 health or 4 attack minions whom you can't buff worth crap. Again being forced to create a deck full of those minions just to take down a Priest means it's overpowered.

You know, the one problem you seem to be overlooking is: You are going to have to change how you play in order to function in a PvP styled game such as this.

Do you play against a Paladin the same as you do a Mage? Are you suppose to have only one strategy?

Were not advocating: PUT ALL DAH 4'S IN.

Were saying put in cards that CAN counter the Priest. Things that work generally against all other decks.

Chillwind Yeti is one. AMAZING card for the mana cost. Very easily one of the best you can put in your deck. Guess what? 4/5 for 4.

Does that mean you gotta fill your deck with 'em? No. Just means you can't rely upon one system to beat them.

Your going to run into Mages soon once Priests are nerfed/removed. You will be so much more infuriated when your board is completely locked down for 4+ turns due to excessive "Frozen" units, and then hit with several spells.

That is what is dominating ranked. Along with hyper aggressive Warlocks and Rogues. (And control/Stall Paladins)

You guys win though. Why should I even play this class? I'm going back to my Hunter. And the other classes. This is a grand waste of my time trying to fix opinion with logic. So has this entire post been.

Goodluck to you, all of you. Have fun playing the game!
Reply Quote
Broken priests? No no, this is how you break Priests:

http://postimg.org/image/f101s1h4t/

That's what I call broken.

Hah, I just wanted to show that picture off, I just captured it.

And yes that's my golden giant he took.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 09:48 PMPosted by BeatDownCity

You know, the one problem you seem to be overlooking is: You are going to have to change how you play in order to function in a PvP styled game such as this.

Do you play against a Paladin the same as you do a Mage? Are you suppose to have only one strategy?

Were saying put in cards that CAN counter the Priest. Things that work generally against all other decks.

Chillwind Yeti is one. AMAZING card for the mana cost. Very easily one of the best you can put in your deck. Guess what? 4/5 for 4.

Does that mean you gotta fill your deck with 'em? No. Just means you can't rely upon one system to beat them.

Your going to run into Mages soon once Priests are nerfed/removed. You will be so much more infuriated when your board is completely locked down for 4+ turns due to excessive "Frozen" units, and then hit with several spells.

That is what is dominating ranked. Along with hyper aggressive Warlocks and Rogues. (And control/Stall Paladins)

You guys win though. Why should I even play this class? I'm going back to my Hunter. And the other classes. This is a grand waste of my time trying to fix opinion with logic. So has this entire post been.

No you're just spouting nonsense. I have a chance to win with any class but the Priest with how I construct my deck. I put in place a few counters for certain classes and hope RNG allows me to deal with them but with Priest you may counter 1 or 2 things but then they have about 4 more things to *!#@!%#* you with, so much so that you have to construct over half your deck just to deal with a Priest. Stop being dense.
Reply Quote
11/11/2013 11:45 PMPosted by L1felock
i strongly agree. just got bombed by a 28/28 summon just a few turns into the game.. the one that has attack equal to its health got its health doubled twice...

that's an imbalance if there ever was one

Maybe you should have silenced it and made it a 0/5 minion? Or known to stop it immediately with a standard removal spell. Then the priest just wasted his entire hand and will easily lose the game.

Come on guys. Use your brains a bit.
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Setsuna00

Good luck to you, all of you. Have fun playing the game!

No you're just spouting nonsense. I have a chance to win with any class but the Priest with how I construct my deck. I put in place a few counters for certain classes and hope RNG allows me to deal with them but with Priest you may counter 1 or 2 things but then they have about 4 more things to *!#@!%#* you with, so much so that you have to construct over half your deck just to deal with a Priest. Stop being dense.

Why do you complain when your deck can beat any class BUT the priest? Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the priest, means there's something wrong with your deck.
Reply Quote
Sheytan

11/11/2013 11:45 PMPosted by L1felock
i strongly agree. just got bombed by a 28/28 summon just a few turns into the game.. the one that has attack equal to its health got its health doubled twice...

that's an imbalance if there ever was one

Maybe you should have silenced it and made it a 0/5 minion? Or known to stop it immediately with a standard removal spell. Then the priest just wasted his entire hand and will easily lose the game.

assuming that the person got a silence in time?
Reply Quote
THey need to start banning cry babys on the forums. jesus christ, if priest is so god damn op then why don't you play him.
Reply Quote

You don't need to nerf a class cause some priest got a lucky hand, i bet you 10$ those cards could be used on any class, less tears, go home.
Edited by RobZGames on 12/14/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 07:18 PMPosted by RobZGames
THey need to start banning cry babys on the forums. jesus christ, if priest is so god damn op then why don't you play him.

well... if we banned everyone for being a cry baby i think they'd lose a bit of there beta testers
i've tried priest and i'll say it isn't as simple as people make it out to be but no need to call them all cry babies and ban them
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Setsuna00

Then we shall just have to agree that we disagree. Since this is only going to go in circles. I'm on the opposite side of the field. And I do believe this class needs a complete rework-which we can agree on. As I have said before.

All I have tried to do as of late is bring attention to things players can do to alleviate their frustration and do better against this class.

Though I would like it if you kept personal ideas of my mental state, to yourself. Please, and thank you.
Reply Quote
The only point to be made is this:-

Play a deck built to take out the Priest and have a 80% lose rate to every other class.
Play a deck to take out every other class and have a 80% lose rate to Priest.

This is what makes the imbalance. Nothing else.
Priest's don't have to alter their decks at all. They get all the cards they need from basic deck to be able to beat the other classes 80% of the time.

/thread
Reply Quote
Calling for a class nerf is no way to improve your game play. Once priest is nerfed, you'll just move on to the next class forum you can't seem to figure out how to beat.
Reply Quote
Course without Priest, morons would not win.. that would be bad for profits.. cause most people are dumb.
Reply Quote
Just played against a mass mind control minion priest... absolutely disgusting, it wasn't even close.

Not to mention him spamming Mind vision and Thought steal to use more of my own cards against me. Priest is feels cheap and wrong- relying on other classes for their cards rather than actually having their own mechanics...
Edited by VengeX on 1/20/2014 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]