Priest is broken

01/20/2014 01:22 PMPosted by VengeX
Just played against a mass mind control minion priest... absolutely disgusting, it wasn't even close.

Not to mention him spamming Mind vision and Thought steal to use more of my own cards against me. Priest is feels cheap and wrong- relying on other classes for their cards rather than actually having their own mechanics...

That's some serious lost tempo in playing those cards early. And priests do have their own mechanics, of which everyone complains about. Priests have been nerfed so many times since the game came out, between the OP Fade, the power of the Greater Heal bomb, and the apparently overpowered Mind Control.

If you don't like it you can leave, but realize that Priests are going to stay no matter how much you complain. I hate it when they get my legendaries too, but if I can't deal with my own creatures, how am I suppose to deal with theirs?

The game might've been disgusting, and you may have been completely thrashed, but that's just how the class works sometimes. A lot of the time, you'll do the thrashing. So you lost once, boo-hoo. Nerf priests, right? The mechanic is obvious broke.

And priests don't rely on cards like thoughtsteal and mind vision, those cards just enforce their decks.

I'm pretty sour about archmage antonidas, and then three 1 cost spells to give him three fireballs, but you don't see me in the mage forums whining about how broke the card is.

If you can't handle it, don't play. Hearthstone isn't made for you, it's made for people who enjoy games, which you obviously are not.
Reply Quote
Bumping cause priest is still broken. They shouldn't get to remove everything with attack 3 or less or 5 and more so easily. Only have 4 attack be the range that safe means you can't play !@#$ forever. And then ya, mind control is pretty strong. So much removal. Not sure if I'd say they are mage levels of broken though.

And then there's their heal at 2. It should be 1 heal. Mages only do 1 damage with fire ball, druids only do 1 damage, paladins only get 1 damage from the minion (ignoring buffs), etc.

Reason I can see warrior getting 2 armor is because they can't use it on minions and can't be used to double as damage with another card like priests. Shamans only get 1 damage from their one damage dealing totem and they can't choose what totem they get. Warlocks do damage to themselves to get a card. So priests should either only be able to heal themselves or only do 1 healing to be in line with the other classes that damage and only get 1 damage with their hero ability.
Edited by GodEmperor on 2/10/2014 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 02:31 PMPosted by GodEmperor
Bumping cause priest is still broken. They shouldn't get to remove everything with attack 3 or less or 5 and more so easily. Only have 4 attack be the range that safe means you can't play !@#$ forever. And then ya, mind control is pretty strong. So much removal. Not sure if I'd say they are mage levels of broken though.

And then there's their heal at 2. It should be 1 heal. Mages only do 1 damage with fire ball, druids only do 1 damage, paladins only get 1 damage from the minion (ignoring buffs), etc.

Reason I can see warrior getting 2 armor is because they can't use it on minions and can't be used to double as damage with another card like priests. Shamans only get 1 damage from their one damage dealing totem and they can't choose what totem they get. Warlocks do damage to themselves to get a card. So priests should either only be able to heal themselves or only do 1 healing to be in line with the other classes that damage and only get 1 damage with their hero ability.

Priests have to take twice as many cards in their deck to remove minions as other classes do, and they don't even get to the ability to remove 4-attack minions.

Dealing damage can finish games or kill off minions, healing doesn't. Hence why it's cheaper.

Warriors can essentially heal themselves above 30HP with armour stacks. Heal is useless at max health.
Shamans have tons of ways to make use of their totems in combat (Rockbiter Weapon, Bloodlust, Flametongue Totem, any buff creatures).
Warlocks can gain massive card advantage over their opponents with their ability.
Priest healing for 2HP is completely fine.
Reply Quote

Priests have to take twice as many cards in their deck to remove minions as other classes do, and they don't even get to the ability to remove 4-attack minions.

Dealing damage can finish games or kill off minions, healing doesn't. Hence why it's cheaper.

Warriors can essentially heal themselves above 30HP with armour stacks. Heal is useless at max health.
Shamans have tons of ways to make use of their totems in combat (Rockbiter Weapon, Bloodlust, Flametongue Totem, any buff creatures).
Warlocks can gain massive card advantage over their opponents with their ability.
Priest healing for 2HP is completely fine.

I disagree they need to take twice as many cards in their deck to remove minions. And it's very beneficial they have such strength to do that. 1 card for 1 is a fair trade. And then add on they essentially get more cards in their deck than other classes with thought steal? Seems pretty strong. Not to mention the card draw strength priests have. It's essentially one of the strongest. I think maybe only rogues with auctioneer and a warlock have better. And only cause rogues have some really mana efficient spells. But even then... priests can have the same card.
Edited by GodEmperor on 2/10/2014 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
i cant handle playing priests, their board control is outrageous, mages may have very strong AOE but the fact that a priest can steal your cards and even end up with that AOE aswell as his own is just gay and makes me want to smash my face into my keyboard until the end of the game, not to mention if you end up decking a priest and your a mage, his hero power is OP as fook
Reply Quote
Damn, whats with all the newbies complaining when they cant get past rank 21 becouse of priests.
Reply Quote
i would rather see priests get more early/mid game like a aditional board clear+ better heals and lose the mind control completely. certain combos they have can really mess things up but nothing is worse then mind control vs a control deck. you throw out that tiron, ragnaros, ysera etc and it gets taken. you could be winning the game and 1 card turns it around... priest is really hard to kill if they know what their doing and your not using an aggro deck
Reply Quote
Healing for 2 for 2 mana is broken the way the game works atm. It needs to be changed. It allows priests to get the upper hand in an otherwise losing battle by allowing to trade and keeping your creatures alive.
ex: I have a 4/4 and a 2/1
priest has a 4/5. He kills my 4/4 and heals it for 2. He ends with a 4/3 that I can't finish on my turn.
If I can't kill it on my turn it becomes a 4/5 again (or if I sacrificed my 2/1, 4/3). If I can't kill it on my 2nd turn it becomes 4/5 again.
Gives the priest card advantage AND board control without using any cards. At that point you pretty much lose the game unless you have some ridiculous combo or have enough removal to get back in the game.

Ways to nerf it:
3 mana to heal for 2
heal for 1
heal hero for 2 (probably too strong of a nerf)
heal minion for 1 or your hero for 2
heal minion and your hero for 1 OR heal your hero for 1 (the OR condition is to that you can use it on yourself without a minion on the board).

Priest cards have too much synergy. Also, 1 mana for a 1/3 that draws you cards when a minion is healed is pretty broken on turn 1. Blizzard should add a new type of sickness for certain cards IF played on turn 1 or/and 2. Something like "this creature has a temporary -1 health on turn 1 for 2 turns"). It would allow them to balance some cards without breaking them.
Reply Quote
You clearly don't understand how wow forums work.... When you ask for a change in the game, 90% of the people who read the thread agree with it. The other 10% who respond to it are just trolling you. With that said.

Priests are so not OP they need buffing. Priests need a 3 mana 30 damage spell that target players and removes all secrets. Then we got a completely balanced class. Like what are the odds of getting this card? 1 in 14? that is low so the priest is balanced.
Reply Quote
10/24/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Soggygravy
Very well said Derek, this sums up many of my thoughts on priest. I don't feel this way about any other class I play against.

i agree. any other class is fine.

Dereck, is that nerfed confirmed? do you have a link ?

the only 2 cards i think are a bit OP are MC, would be nice if they limited it like "control creature with attack 5 or less" and balanced the cost to compensate

and thoughtsteal

it allows priest to play out cards he should not have access to like flamestrike or bloodlust (i know the defense, oh thats RNG, but, many times when i play the card i get a key card, and its always 2 for 1, 100%)
Reply Quote
@Derek
Agree.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this has been touched on, but my main reasoning for priests being broken is that fact by turn 8 they can do 30+ damage in 1 turn. Either the health needs to be upped or the doubling a minions health x2 > equal attack needs to be nerfed.

I am saying this playing my main decks as both hunter AND priest. I have won numerous times this way, as well as losing, but it just breaks the game.
Reply Quote
I love how some people on here seem to think all the people ( the Majority ) are stupid for saying priest is op because they got lucky when they stomped a priest.

the points made against the Priests are very much valid points! the mana cost for their removal IS too low.... there is no denying it... it just is!

saying to people DUH! brah just throw in a few 4 attack cards man you'll be right stop !@#$%ing L2P
guys.... this game is ALL RNG there may be some 4 attack cards in your deck..... at the very very back of your deck where they will do you absolutely no good when you need them!

i have lost countless times to a priest who has buffed his lightspawn up to 20/20 simply because my silences are nowhere to be found! along with my loot hoarders and nat pagle ( may he rest in peace )

and what am i supposed to do... run my whole board of 2/3' into that monster! only to have him heal it back up next turn whack it behind a taunt and go to town on my face!

stop arguing that people need to learn to play.. it has nothing to do with skill when that ^-*! happens its just bad luck right..... bad luck you didnt get that silence you needed... i guess you should throw a few iron beaks in your deck brah and some spellbreakers brah you'll be right L2P....
the point is they are there.... just not available

the one thing that is not the fault of RNG is Value... and Priests have it! low cost removal... ill delete your 7 cost card with my 3 cost card and hmmm maybe put out a 6 cost temple enforcer to give my lightspawn 3 more health and attack!

bring the nerf... then you flavor of the month fan boys can go back to your frozen giants deck i got big game hunters now.
Reply Quote
oh and one more thing i forgot to add...

30 cards in a deck... unless you are a priest ... then you get 42 cards... just saying...
Reply Quote
10/24/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Derek
Best get used to disappointments - devs have already confirmed an incoming nerf for Priest.

link this confirmation.

i can't see blizzard confirming nerfs to the lowest represent class above legendary.
Edited by beneviolence on 3/25/2014 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Box
oh and one more thing i forgot to add...

30 cards in a deck... unless you are a priest ... then you get 42 cards... just saying...

go ahead and build a successful priest deck with nothing but card steal in it.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Box
guys.... this game is ALL RNG there may be some 4 attack cards in your deck..... at the very very back of your deck where they will do you absolutely no good when you need them!

i have lost countless times to a priest who has buffed his lightspawn up to 20/20 simply because my silences are nowhere to be found! along with my loot hoarders and nat pagle ( may he rest in peace )

and what am i supposed to do... run my whole board of 2/3' into that monster! only to have him heal it back up next turn whack it behind a taunt and go to town on my face!

stop arguing that people need to learn to play.. it has nothing to do with skill

for every successful lightwell out there, there is a priest crasterbating with an empty hand, or an opponent with two yeti's and a cairne bloodhoof on the board.

priest get buggered by RNG too.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 11:24 AMPosted by beneviolence
10/24/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Derek
Best get used to disappointments - devs have already confirmed an incoming nerf for Priest.

link this confirmation.

i can't see blizzard confirming nerfs to the lowest represent class above legendary.

Look at the post date.

Some jack*** necro'ed this thread from five months ago.
Reply Quote
I love how some people on here seem to think all the people ( the Majority ) are stupid for saying priest is op because they got lucky when they stomped a priest.

They don't think people are stupid for saying priest is op because they got lucky when they stomped a priest, they think people are stupid for saying that because statistic after statistic shows priest is in a horrible state, they think it because at higher ranks priest is a mythological beast, they think it because both presence and win rates of priest in tournaments in low, and they think it because a lot of people that are very knowledgeable in Hearthstone keep saying that priest is not good.

the points made against the Priests are very much valid points! the mana cost for their removal IS too low.... there is no denying it... it just is!

Do you want to know what else just is? The fact that priest removal is both conditional and has a very glaring gap in it.

RNG

and what am i supposed to do...

What am I supposed to do when my opponent makes a powerful play to which I have no answer currently?
The answer: die.
When the RNG gods bless your opponent with a good hand that he knows how to use and curse you with a useless hand you are not supposed to survive.
I recently had a warrior pull out a 10/5 ready to attack on turn 2 without having a counter in my hand and do you know what I did? I lost and moved on.

bring the nerf... then you flavor of the month fan boys can go back to your frozen giants deck i got big game hunters now.

Priest is the fotm? Can I have what you are smoking?
Edited by BlackShuck on 3/25/2014 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]