Fiery War Axe, too strong?

I'll admit that I haven't played enough warrior constructed to really grasp the context of their deck, however every time I meet a warrior if they have Fiery War Axe in their starting hand it seems like a guaranteed win of the early game. I'm having a hard time thinking of any scenarios where they play Fiery War Axe as soon as possible and don't come ahead. It just seems to me that combined with Heroic Strike it's damn near impossible to ever get an early game advantage on a warrior unless he gets a terrible draw.
Reply Quote
I think you're looking at the card and saying why it's strong, but I don't think you're looking at our class and saying why it's needed.

Without weapons we really don't have much of a way to gain any kind of foothold in the early game, and they're almost required to set ourselves up for a mid-game.
Reply Quote
For real though the card is crazy good, if you're having trouble with it constructed just put 2 Acidic Swamp Oozes in your deck
Reply Quote
i think you miss the point of weapons sure its strong to take out creatures but you have to keep in mind that doing so they are trading there health to do so it may not be much but it can easily put a warrior in a bad spot against murloc rush decks which i blatantly cant beat.
Reply Quote
Yeah just lost 2 games in a row Do to Acidic swamp ooze killing my axe and therefor having no way to keep a minion on the board
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]