Why is King Krush a 9 Cost Card

I get that it has charge and is basically 8 dmg but compared to say a Pyroblast by the mage, who can have 2 of them, or the 8/8 taunt for druids this card seems....unlegendary. If your opponent has a taunt its basically useless because it will get killed instantly on the next turn before it has a chance to hit the hero. Point being it should be changed to an 8 cost beast so at least it becomes a hunters pyroblast if used with the hero power and costing 2 more.

Don't get me wrong I love this card and use it in all my hunter decks but it really lacks the legendary vibe.
Reply Quote
King Krush is an Excelent game finisher, 8/8 charge for 9 is fine.

Never try to compare a creature with a spell, of course the creature will be stopped by taunt.
Reply Quote
King Krush is an Excelent game finisher, 8/8 charge for 9 is fine.

Never try to compare a creature with a spell, of course the creature will be stopped by taunt.

Then why does the creature cost more and do less? This is supposed to be a legendary meaning it should be more powerful than your average card and it does less than several rare/epic cards like Pyroblast and Ironbark Protector. He will die before getting a second shot which basically makes him a spell without any of the possitives. Again seems like a high costs given the negatives.

I agree its a great finisher, and I have won many games thanks to the card. But its not any different than playing a Pyroblast except a pyroblast costs 8 and ignores taunt and does more damage.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Shifty
Then why does the creature cost more and do less? This is supposed to be a legendary meaning it should be more powerful than your average card
That's not really what determines rarity.
Reply Quote
Ironbark protector is not a charger, is a taunter, his business is another.

Pyroblast is a spell, of COURSE it will ignore taunters. Besides it belongs to a class that focuses primary on spells.

He's not intended to have a 2nd shot, he's a finishing weapon, there's no charger bigger than him in the whole game.
Reply Quote
Ironbark protector is not a charger, is a taunter, his business is another.

Pyroblast is a spell, of COURSE it will ignore taunters. Besides it belongs to a class that focuses primary on spells.

He's not intended to have a 2nd shot, he's a finishing weapon, there's no charger bigger than him in the whole game.

And that charge is what makes him a good card, his cost makes him an ok card. My point with ironbark is that its an 8/8 taunt so its not playing for the taunt, its free which makes the card very powerful. Late game play of that card is a game changer because you have to deal with it because of the taunt. Your playing that card to stop dmg or fish for trades. Attacking with it is a bonus.

Now take KK you want him for his charge and since he is a late game play you want him for a finisher. So if your opponent has less than 8 health and no taunts you can play him. If your opponent puts up a taunt you can still play him and hope he lives but that rarely happens. He also can really hurt you if a priest has mind control.

Compared to say the paladin, shaman or mage legendaries its really weak. I'm not saying it needs another effect it should just cost one less.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Shifty
If your opponent puts up a taunt

It means the game is far from over. And you should never play KK gainst a priest if that's the case.

Paladin legendary is pretty succeptible to silence And shaman's legendary is aknowledged as the most garbage legendary. I have mixed feelings about the mage one.

I do agree with your idea tho, he could use a -1 cost buff.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Shifty
Then why does the creature cost more and do less?

Spell only gets used once. Creature can attack multiple times. And, without an instant kill card in hand, 8 health is not super easy to deal with.
Reply Quote
krush is good where he is in my opinion, he is one of those late game !@#$%^- cards that people are not thinking of when they are low on hp, when they are thinking to themselves if they can survive another turn, they could be underestimating the power of CHARGE, its pretty damn amazing
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 05:56 PMPosted by captaincow
krush is good where he is in my opinion, he is one of those late game !@#$%^- cards that people are not thinking of when they are low on hp, when they are thinking to themselves if they can survive another turn, they could be underestimating the power of CHARGE, its pretty damn amazing

He is a great closer, I just don't get the cost. Is he OP at 8 mana? If so why?
Reply Quote
I think you should consider The Coin card into the equation. If you go second as Hunter you're looking at turn 8 KK if played smart. I get what you're saying, despite the obtuseness of some of these posts. You're comparing usefulness and application of one card with others which is legitimate. When I'm play testing, I often reflect at what cards I have in my hand that I end up sitting on wishing it were something else. If it happens too often I'll just make the switch. Granted, I don't own KK yet, I still see him as being a potential threat, though I'm not sure if he fits in my Hunter deck since I'm currently running Unleash the Hounds.
Reply Quote
I prefer a Core Hound + Unleash the Hounds as a finisher.
Reply Quote
King Krush is better than Iron Bark Protector. Charge is worth a lot in this game. Far more than taunt. It is basically worth 3 stat points. If you removed charge it would be an 8/11 or 9/10 for 9 mana.
This makes King Krush slightly above average. If you think Pyroblast is good then this card is much better because you do 8 damage plush get an 8/8 on the board for 9 mana.

Very good value on this card.
Reply Quote
King Krush is better because you do 8 damage AND get a 8/8 on the field, while pyroblast deals 10 damage and your field doesnt advance at all
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 05:25 PMPosted by RedHaro
King Krush is better because you do 8 damage AND get a 8/8 on the field, while pyroblast deals 10 damage and your field doesnt advance at all

That pretty much sums it up though, using removal on him is card advantage, vs a spell that fizzles after the effect.
Reply Quote
King Krush is why they should have a "trample" mechanic in game.

For Hearthstone, I would work it where, you attack target A: You do enough damage to kill it. Your Trampler's attack is now reduced by the amount of health target A had, but you can attack again (sort of like Wind Fury, but again, attack goes down).

You attack target B, killing it. Again you have some "attack left over", further reducing your attack by target B's health and allowing you to attack again. Essentially, as long as your Trample minion has attack (and health obviously) it can keep attacking. At the end of thee turn, the Trample attack penalty is removed, putting your minions attack back to the proper amount.

Obviously care would have to be made (and KK may not be the best choice as is), but it would be a fun mechanic, IMO.
Reply Quote
What's it matter, just going to get MCed anyway
Reply Quote
Hi!

As legendaries seem to have exclusive abilities i would defenatily like to see Trample on King Krush. ATM he is pretty bad. What makes him worst is that you can't use Hero Ability at the same turn as you play King Krush and he also can't be Brewmasteded back to your hand. KK rarely survives till the next turn and Hunters don't really play anything else that the enemy has to use their direct CC on. I mean anything they need to use their big guy removal on... -_-''

For the notorious UtH Leeroy is way better. Turn 6 and forward you can do same 8 damage when you take the 2 from your Hero Ability in to account. Leeroy can be the other punch of 1-2 combo where KK is the ultimate flying roundhouse kick that is flashy but isn't really that effective.
Edited by Typoko on 10/25/2013 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
He's fine where he's at in my opinion. I think the neigh sayers are underestimating the value of charge.
Reply Quote
It's really because there's a 6 cost charge with divine shield that's a 4 - 3. Then there's a 1 1 with divine shield, meaning that charge is actually quite an expensive feature on a creature, because people don't see it coming =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]