Wheeeeee, Lv 50!!

My favorite Hunter goldcard so far is the Animal companion, Huffer exhales smoke like a paintrain!

Favorite Hunter non-basic golden so far is the 3 cost Stealth tiger (AMAZING Greenglow face tatoos, reminds me of golden illidan), and of course the Dragonhawk. Zookeeper (aka, i let the dogs out) is also a close 2nd :)

Least favorite Hunter Goldcard: Probably has to be Arcane shot or Stampeding rhino, looks like too little effort went on their goldens, good thing is i don't even use them.
Reply Quote
Leveling is worthless, gold cards..big whoop.
Reply Quote
Unless you like to play a deck, and a certain class.
Reply Quote
The only thing I could thing off is "it seems you have gotten a golden pig" *shows respect* Man lvl 50 already? WoW thats alot of effort and games with the hunter, I only have 3 30s and 2 25 the others are 20s but geez 50 xD thats alot!

Just good work man, keep going and hope to see you in 60 :)
Edited by CurseofChaos on 10/17/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The only thing I could thing off is "it seems you have gotten a golden pig" *shows respect* Man lvl 50 already? WoW thats alot of effort and games with the hunter, I only have 3 30s and 2 25 the others are 20s but geez 50 xD thats alot!

Just good work man, keep going and hope to see you in 60 :)

Thanks!

Yeah i'm always the kind of guy that "chooses a single thing from the whole game, then focuses on it", hence the reason why i only have 1 toon in WoW after almost 9 years (It's a Hunter too!)
Reply Quote
Apparently at Lv 50, you start recieving an aleatory selected goldcard from the basic neutral minion selection, so far to my surprise i got to unlock a pair of Corehounds, NICE!!
Reply Quote
9 years of WoW, and only a hunter?! Dude. You're missing out on so many amazing classes. To each their own, but hunter doesn't even make the top five classes I like to play.

Basically I'm commenting on this thread because I'm tired of reading posts by idiots, and wanted to talk to Sharp a bit to regain some sanity. :P
Reply Quote
9 years of WoW, and only a hunter?! Dude. You're missing out on so many amazing classes. To each their own, but hunter doesn't even make the top five classes I like to play.

Basically I'm commenting on this thread because I'm tired of reading posts by idiots, and wanted to talk to Sharp a bit to regain some sanity. :P

Oh i know how you feel, it looks like WoW's stupidity migrated to these boards so we might be in trouble...

Well, i'm gonna be honest, i really like playing Hunter in WoW, i have lots of memories with that toon aswell (i mean, i've seen every single thing WoW had to offer, from Zul'gurub to Ahn'Qiraj, from Tranqshotting dragons to Ulduar hardmodes, there are very few changes i haven't seen in the game, except the patches i took a break at (ToC, Firelands, Right now SOO)
I'm also not a big fan of alts, i really like to focus on a single thing and (in case of MMO's, i suck at cardgames) be the very best of the business, but as of lately i've been playing on a dead server with old friends, so we can say i became a casual scrub xD

I'm also a big fan of cardgames, i've played magic, pokemon, yugioh, WoW's TCG, and i'm really enjoying Hearthstone so far.

I also practice archery IRL so you might guess why i like archers on pretty much anything i play! (Except Diablo3, man i hate the demonhunter, i miss the Amazon so much)
Reply Quote
And as you might have guessed, i'm terrible at English, not my main language :C
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Sharpshooter
might guess why i like archers on pretty much anything i play! (Except Diablo3, man i hate the demonhunter, i miss the Amazon so much)

No kidding! I do not like Demon Hunters at ALL, and Amazons were my favorite class!

10/17/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Sharpshooter
And as you might have guessed, i'm terrible at English, not my main language :C

Actually I had no idea. Your English is very good.
Reply Quote
53-54 rewards are a pair of Golden Stonetusk boars, i've never been happier of being a high level in a game where levels don't mean a crap.
Reply Quote
I miss the old skill trees, where I could choose my OWN hunter setup. But that is a different game. I'm curious how hunters work in Hearthstone, as most of the let's players I watch seem to not play hunters.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Noor
I miss the old skill trees, where I could choose my OWN hunter setup. But that is a different game. I'm curious how hunters work in Hearthstone, as most of the let's players I watch seem to not play hunters.

I do miss old trees too, but the game has to evolve, and some things must be traded in the process, personally i don't mind it that much, since i do really like BM.

Well, to resume what the Hunter is like in hearthstone, it's the same as WoW, Your primary minions are all beasts, and some of them have abilities that reward you for playing even more beasts, so basically is a minion reliant class (beatdown, if we talk in magic's language). They have beasts of all variats, sizes, costs, abilities, and the like of stuff.

The hunter itself has abilities that also interact with beasts, and extremely good board control removals, however it lacks of direct damage abilities (their only one is kill command, a 3 damage for 3 that can do 5 if a beast is in your side of the board) but this is compensated by his "racial" ability (2 mana that does 2 damage ONLY to enemy hero, can't select another target like the mage one) and of course, by the minions themselves.

The other interesting Hunter mechanic is that of traps, ever saw trapcards in yugioh? Basically, it's the same deal (it's called secrets in this game), your enemy doesn't trigger them until he does the action that the card states in order to be triggered. Hunters are heavy on traps, which are often oriented to board control, and has a few cards that interact with these (they also have cards that interact with traps that are not hunter-exclusive, like secretkeeper)

Basically, Hunter is the classic "drop your creatures, smack your enemy" class, and is heavily countered by decks that specialize in controlling massive minion invasions (This sort of deck is called "control", the polar opposite of beatdown), but that doesnt stops the hunter from finding clever ways to get around these decks.

Hopefully you will find this explanation useful!
Reply Quote
Lv 51 - 52 Rewards: Core Hound x2
Lv 53 - 54 Rewards: Stonetusk Boar x2
Lv 55 - 56 Rewards: Razorfen Hunter x2
Lv 57 - 58 Rewards: Bloodfen Raptor x2

Stay tuned for Lv 59-60 Basic minion rewards!

I just finished crafting a pair of Golden Dragonhawks, that's 800 dust i won't miss, the card looks bad-!@#!
Reply Quote
Final update!

Lv 59 - 60 Rewards: Golden Ironfur Grizzly

Very solid basic reward set overall. Poor shamans get the short stick tho :C

Edit: Only missing a single Golden Owl and King Krush (uggggh...) from the expertset to finish my epic golden beast collection!
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/20/2013 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so for leveling, do you just do "play" mode over and over? does arena give any more exp?
Reply Quote
Gz on your level 60, hunters gets crappy golden cards unfortunately (apart from the raptor).

Did you just play ranked/unranked all day long?
Reply Quote
Gz on your level 60, hunters gets crappy golden cards unfortunately (apart from the raptor).

Did you just play ranked/unranked all day long?

Both Razorfen Hunter and Ironfur Grizzly are very good cards. The other 3 cards were amazing... before the Control hype, they might see daylight again as soon as they nerf that tho.

And yeah, i just play ranked enough to farm 2 boosters a day, so i'd say it's about 2 hours.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/24/2013 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sharp, I just hit level 30 today on my hunter, big congrats!
Reply Quote
Just got my double Unleash the Hounds golden set!

Wahooo!

Edit: A minute of silence for Lord Jaraxxus, who perished in sacrifice of my golden set :C
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/29/2013 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]