Battle Rage Disenchant Adjustment

Community Manager
With today's patch, some changes were made to Battle Rage that will now cause the card to function differently then how it did before the patch. We understand that some of you may have spent dust to craft this card in order to obtain its previous functionality. As the nature of the card has changed significantly, we will be temporarily increasing the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting Battle Rage such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft Battle Rage. This temporary adjustment will be implemented for all players and will tentatively last for a period of two weeks. We will provide another update as we draw closer to when this period will end.

UPDATE: The temporary adjustment to the amount of dust that is awarded from disenchanting Battle Rage has now been reverted. Battle Rage should now award the normal amount of dust from disenchanting. Thanks to everyone who helped us to test this new feature.
Edited by Aratil on 10/31/2013 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great change! For those who haven't noticed, now you only draw for your damaged friendly characters.
Edited by Piu on 10/17/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Producer
Basically, if you have Battle Rage and don't like it anymore you can disenchant it with no penalty.

If you don't have one but want to try it out, you can try it out by crafting it and disenchant it with no penalty.

This is a way for players to have maximum options when cards get changed and I'm really excited about this feature. Hope you guys enjoy it!
Reply Quote
... This is a Beta? Things change? This seems like a post regarding a change to... an actual released game... Oh wait.... closed release, I forgot.

Buuuut, I do agree with the nerf :D It was much needed
Edited by Feo on 10/17/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like this "mechanic" as it were... If you plan to do this going forward for cards that get changed. This time it was only a common, but if any higher rarity's get changed, this is a great way to protect people from getting burned.
Reply Quote
It's a good change, because Whirlwind + Battle Rage was scary!
Reply Quote
Cant you add that crafting model for all cards that gets crafted?

i mean i got alot cards that i used dust on to craft in the beginning, cards that failed in my super deck :D

or get 50 % of the dust value of that card that you want to disenchant/discraft ?
Makes more possibilities to test out diffrent play styles and etc ..

Love the game so faar !! :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
... This is a Beta? Things change? This seems like a post regarding a change to... an actual released game... Oh wait.... closed release, I forgot.

We are certainly still in closed beta and while cards and other things may continue to change, this is a new feature that we are really excited about and we are using this Battle Rage adjustment as an opportunity to test this feature out as well. If successful, this new feature is something that we hope to implement for all significant card changes going forward.
Reply Quote
While i'm not too pleased about this nerf (and I don't even have Battle Rage), I do love the way you guys are handling this particular aspect of the game. It's a great way to compensate folks who made a card that you changed. Please, though, don't let this be an excuse for reactionary nerfs in the future.
Reply Quote

We are certainly still in closed beta and while cards and other things may continue to change, this is a new feature that we are really excited about and we are using this Battle Rage adjustment as an opportunity to test this feature out as well. If successful, this new feature is something that we hope to implement for all significant card changes going forward.

Yeah it seems like a solid solution.
If players don't like the new version of the card they can exchange for any card at all of the same rarity. I was happy to see that dust change in the patch notes.
Reply Quote
Well done, Battle Rage was definitely a bit strong before this. Giving this dust refund option is very nice of you guys as well.

Although Battle Rage isn't expensive to craft, I'm sure this will be much more significant down the road if certain legendary gets changed. :)
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Aratil
If successful, this new feature is something that we hope to implement for all significant card changes going forward.

Respect.
Reply Quote
Great work!
Let's celebrate with another wave of Beta keys! ;-)
Reply Quote
I don't like the new change, but I'm glad they upped the dust received from disenchanting. I disenchanted battle rage for venture co mercenary.
Reply Quote
Perfect solution Blizzard. Bravo.
Reply Quote
The only real concern I'd have with a system like this is that it will discourage the use of auto-disenchant (ie. it might be better to avoid disenchanting cards in the hopes that they get patched some day and you can disenchant them for more) - but probably won't be a big deal so long as it's rare for cards to be rebalanced.

It might be a good idea to have the full cost disenchanting to not apply to copies beyond the 2nd that you own.
Edited by Kithros on 10/17/2013 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unfortunately I got my 3rd battle rage yesterday and I auto disenchanted it for the standard amount. :(
Reply Quote
400 dust for disenchant golden Battle rage make me very happy =) gets me closer to craft Ysera
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]