Battle Rage Disenchant Adjustment

Am I the only one who still sees the old version of the card in-game? I saw a message when I logged in about the card change, and I can disenchant it for 40 dust now, but it looks like it still costs 3 mana and it doesn't say anything about only working with friendly characters.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to chime in and say that I was worried about card nerfs and dust investment, but the dust "reimbursement" system you have in place is perfect. Definitely not afraid of card nerfs in the future now.

Good idea. :D
Reply Quote
exactly as I would have changed it. I think it's perfect now. a 2 mana card to draw at least 1 card and maybe even up to 4 or 5 cards. seems pretty good to me.
Reply Quote
With so many grumpy posts Blizzard gets from the vocal minority on here, I thought it might be nice for a little well-deserved recognition and praise.

I have been in video game development for over 15 years and I can tell you that most game companies would handle a fix/nerf/change like this with a patch bullet and maybe, if you're lucky, a post explaining it.

The fact that Blizzard implemented a special case DE refund for the card was far above and beyond the call of duty. This kind of thing is a tell-tale sign of a company with excellent commitment to the customer experience.

Well done, guys. Keep up the great work. :)
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 01:20 PMPosted by RutgersKev
Unfortunately I got my 3rd battle rage yesterday and I auto disenchanted it for the standard amount. :(

This, unfortunately for me also (and that's on top of crafting a copy, heh) , but overall I like the idea of "recycling" nerfed cards. The nerf was probably a good thing. I actually ran my hand out and started taking damage in the last couple of rounds of my most recent Warrior duel, thanks in large part to the Whirlwind/Battle Rage combo.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 01:47 PMPosted by HoopyHobo
Am I the only one who still sees the old version of the card in-game? I saw a message when I logged in about the card change, and I can disenchant it for 40 dust now, but it looks like it still costs 3 mana and it doesn't say anything about only working with friendly characters.

FYI, just to update, I'm seeing the new card now.
Reply Quote
@aratil
wouldn't multiplying everything in the game by a 100, (for example instead of having 30 hp you have 3000), make the game easier to balance? you could make some cards instead of 1, or 100, damage change them to 1.5 or 150, and vise versa, from 1, 100, to 0.5 or 50.
Reply Quote
@aratil
wouldn't multiplying everything in the game by a 100, (for example instead of having 30 hp you have 3000), make the game easier to balance? you could make some cards instead of 1, or 100, damage change them to 1.5 or 150, and vise versa, from 1, 100, to 0.5 or 50.

Sure. It also makes the game 100x harder to calculate if you have enough fatal damage to kill the enemy. Turns are already long enough!
Reply Quote
Really happy to with the way updates and such are being handled.

Keep up the great work guys!

Giving people the option to swap things out that change without being penalized is an awesome idea.
Edited by nomadd on 10/19/2013 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed that Battle Rage was too strong and allowed me to win games I had no business winning (for 3 mana my average card draw was probably somewhere in the 4-6 range) but it's too far the other way now. Why not move it back to it's original form (only minions on both sides of the table) and increase it's cost? Even at 6 or 7 I'd rather have Battle Rage be a card that has a "chance" of pulling me out of a tight spot, than a card the just cycles for one, sometimes two.

Right now, it needs to be used when the board situation presents good upside to net hopefully two cards, and most times I find myself needing the mana to do things that affect the game. Once I get to late game, where Battle Rage is useful to a warrior running low on steam, if I'm behind with no creatures, it's a brick that replaces itself. The card might as well read "lose two mana for no reason." Rather than draw a card, I keep thinking this should just be a different card in my deck.

I'm still experimenting, but my feedback is that I would rather pay more mana for a chance at higher upside (2-4 cards or more) than small mana for very little upside (1-2 cards).

Since Arcane Intellect is 3 mana draw 2 cards, I would like to see Battle Rage be 4-5+ mana for maybe draw 2 cards, but maybe a more.

It's called Battle Rage after, not Battle Whimper!

Warrior is my fave class, and Battle Rage is a beloved card. Thanks for reading my feedback.
Reply Quote
Basically, if you have Battle Rage and don't like it anymore you can disenchant it with no penalty.

If you don't have one but want to try it out, you can try it out by crafting it and disenchant it with no penalty.

This is a way for players to have maximum options when cards get changed and I'm really excited about this feature. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I would like to see if I can replicate this bugg if only I had a key. :(
Reply Quote
This is an amazing thing to do when changes must to be done in cards. Keep it, cause adjustments will always must be done, be it beta or not, it will have to happen from time to time... it's a card game :p
You have the advantage of no need to ban cards, and if you use this dust method for when the changes happen, it will be really fair. Keep the great work guys, this game is becoming amazing. I really congratz you of the HS team.

(Sorry for my bad english)
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Vatenkeist
I like this "mechanic" as it were... If you plan to do this going forward for cards that get changed. This time it was only a common, but if any higher rarity's get changed, this is a great way to protect people from getting burned.

100% agree
Reply Quote
Now please do this with VanCleef and all the rogue cards you made complete garbage.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Aratil
We will provide another update as we draw closer to when this period will end.

This was posted on 10/17. If the two week period included that day, doesn't this end tonight? How much closer will we get before this period ends?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The temporary adjustment to the amount of dust that is awarded from disenchanting Battle Rage has now been reverted. Battle Rage should now award the normal amount of dust from disenchanting. Thanks to everyone who helped us to test this new feature.
Reply Quote
Could this please become not a sticky as it's no longer relevant?

(And in the future, when the disenchant bonus is removed from future cards, could it too be removed from sticky status?)
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Polarthief
Could this please become not a sticky as it's no longer relevant?

(And in the future, when the disenchant bonus is removed from future cards, could it too be removed from sticky status?)

Just want to echo this. This sticky no longer serves a purpose.
Reply Quote
Actually there is a MUCH bigger problem to this kind of nerfing.

What many don't realize is players will actually craft several cards around a particular deck,i know i have done that.
It goes even further than that.Example i was doing what i said building another deck,i also disenchanted other cards i thought were not so good to make that deck.Turns out i got a double whammy,because the card i disenchanted turned out to just recently get a nerf allowing players to disenchant for MUCH higher than what i got for it AND my deck was no longer viable AND i wasted the whole crafting phase of building the deck.
If i was not clear,the point is you nerf a card,you ruin an entire deck that someone is spending money to build,so giving them a 1-1 even up disenchant back is not nearly rectifying a whole bunch of cost and wasted time building that deck.

This is why your team should thoroughly test cards before releasing them,especially the ones with multiple effects.

So now again i am afraid of building a GIANT deck,one nerf and i get ripped off royally,especially since i did not know about the changes to disenchant on nerfed cards but i do now.

IMO any nerfed cards should remain FULL value on disenchant FOREVER,not just for a two week period.

On the same note of nerfing cards....I have found most of the nerfs way over board,there should be a LOT more feedback on these changes.
Examples...
Instead of worrying about a stealth Pagle you should have nerfed stealth cost or just simply add text that the Pagle can't be silenced.instead this team turned a Legendary into a near useless card that ONLY a Stealth user might want.

The nerf on this card was also imo over done,the odds of having anymore than 1 self damaged character to warrant using this in a deck is quite low,i doubt anyone will sue the card now because 30 card decks have no room for minimal effect or near useless cards.Instead it should have been on the ENEMY damaged characters because that could at least be controlled to get maybe 2 cards,warranting it in a deck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]