Priest deck extremely overpowered

(Locked)

12/11/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Travaxi
I just don't agree with this thread. An aggro deck can easily overwhelm a priest deck. Sometimes before the priest can even get to turn 10 for MC.

Can't agree more. Get board control against a priest at turn 2/3/4, and you'll win most of the time. The priest is good at removal, but is slow to get the momentum going against pretty much any other class.
12/11/2013 01:32 AMPosted by Travaxi
I just don't agree with this thread. An aggro deck can easily overwhelm a priest deck. Sometimes before the priest can even get to turn 10 for MC.

So what you are saying is basically that we should be FORCED into playing into one type of deck on the off chance we might bump into the Priest?

Sounds like a bad mechanic to me.
12/11/2013 05:20 AMPosted by Naraldeth

So what you are saying is basically that we should be FORCED into playing into one type of deck on the off chance we might bump into the Priest?

Sounds like a bad mechanic to me.

Aggro decks are pretty much the winning deck right now. At high end, it will primarily be aggro decks that beat everything.

But a strong mid game deck will also beat a priest. Priests don't have good solutions for cards with 4 attack because SW:Pain is 3 and below and SW:Death is 5 and above. A lot of priest decks don't have a good solution to summoner cards before turn 5.

You guys are probably expecting to win after a 13-15 turn game vs a priest and that is not going to happen. Priests are the strongest late game deck just like mages and warriors are the strongest early game decks. And surviving to late game is more luck than skill for a priest. Sitting around with 2 MCs in your hand at turn 5 is pretty much a lost game.
^

what he said.

Also please, bear in mind that this thread was originally created when MC was 8 mana cost, and not 10 like it is now.
Any priest is auto concede. or i choose to play with a book and wait every turn till hell freezes over. If peeps play priest they can get the lame win after 30 minutes, no fun whatsoever anyway playing a priest
Aggro decks destroy Priests unless they use Ancient Watchers.
So yeah the costs on some cards need to be increased is all I think. I was able to draw enough cards from the "northshire cleric (1)" ability that on turn 2, I put a "lightwell (2)" out and protected it til level 7. Then on turn 7 all I did was use "power word: shield (1)" twice, putting the "lightwell (2)" at 9hp, then used "divine spirit (2)" twice, putting the "lightwell (2)" at 36hp, and finally used "innerfire (1)" to make a 36/36 and swing for the win. I also used the same tactic to get my "stormwind champion (7)" at 40/40. But not til turn 8.
The northshire cleric health needs to drop to 1/2 not 1/3. 3 points to kill it is extremely hard. Try to whittle it down and with the priest's ability... She's back up to 3 health. AND he gets to draw a card. Start throwing in some taunt minions and you don't get a chance to hit her... while he continues to draw cards because he's healing. I'm also not so wild about the priest's ability to heal his minions rather than just himself. Either I don't have the cards yet to deal with a Priest or there is something wrong with them. As previously posted a Priest got the Northshire Cleric turn one. A few minions here and there and suddenly Mr. 2/7 comes out +3 to attack if damaged. He damages himself on one of small characters 2/7 goes to 5/5 heals 5/7. Doubles health 5/14. attack equal to health 14/14. Super. And he is still drawing extra cards thanks to the cleric. I am also to the point when you see a Priest just concede and save you the time.
12/26/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Dekurio
The northshire cleric health needs to drop to 1/2 not 1/3. 3 points to kill it is extremely hard. Try to whittle it down and with the priest's ability... She's back up to 3 health. AND he gets to draw a card. Start throwing in some taunt minions and you don't get a chance to hit her... while he continues to draw cards because he's healing. I'm also not so wild about the priest's ability to heal his minions rather than just himself. Either I don't have the cards yet to deal with a Priest or there is something wrong with them. As previously posted a Priest got the Northshire Cleric turn one. A few minions here and there and suddenly Mr. 2/7 comes out +3 to attack if damaged. He damages himself on one of small characters 2/7 goes to 5/5 heals 5/7. Doubles health 5/14. attack equal to health 14/14. Super. And he is still drawing extra cards thanks to the cleric. I am also to the point when you see a Priest just concede and save you the time.

Thanks you Mr.Conceder to saves us time.

And if you met a Mage with her 1/3 mana wyrm vs Mr.2/7, i bet u get more trouble. Then u know where to head on n cry.
Love em. so easy to win with. Mind control is OP hahaha
I took one look at the priest deck and just laughed. It's like someone wanted all the most obnoxious, anti-fun mechanics in 1 deck. Whole deck needs a rework as far as I'm concerned, increasing mana costs wont change the fact that the deck is mechanically just endless frustration to fight again... although increased mana costs is probably all we can expect. =/

And yes I auto concede vs priests because being forced into building 1 type of deck regardless of what I'm playing is a crock of !@#$.
Edited by ChrisAsmith on 2/11/2014 2:50 AM PST
10/15/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Jensyth
As a priest player, this was my thinking as well for the majority of the ranked games I played. Up until I got to 2 Star Master level. Then it was like hitting a brick wall. Priest I think is easy to play to a 'decent' level, but it is far from overpowered if the opponents are building their decks well and know how to play against a priest.

This.

The big thing Priest has going for it is a really good basic card pool. I think Priests have one of the strongest "out of the box" decks. I don't think they are very strong right now at the top tiers of play.
Just noticed this was necro'd. Sorry.
Plz increase the mna cost of thoughtsteal i always get raped by it, i mean for 3 mana he can copy 2 of my cards i mean comooon. happened bares where im wiinnin the game i have the right cards in hand n he drops a thoughtsteal n next turn wrecks my whole stragedy with my own buffs . r u !@#$ing kidiing me , increase the mana cost of thougtsteal significantly..
I totally agree with this i played today a lot but when i see a priest it's just me raging on a chair when i do some board control then he does holy nova when i try to make a op minion he shadow words, when i try to let him lose card he just spawnes a northshire cleric and heals everyone and draws card , when i try to use spells he just spawnes a lot of minions and chrushes me. all by all priest needs some rework AND I MEAN TOTAL REWORK
Hearthstone and card games in general are meant to have diversified cards that create interesting situations, it's part of their identity.
It creates a lot of balance problems in certain situations, but those are necessary for the game, and if you can't deal with a priest, you probably can't deal with other classes either.
All classes have ways of doing everything and have unique strategies.
Priest decks can do work, or can be aggro'd down. Amaz's decks are the best if you really want to go far, otherwise, they have counters.
From what I've seen, priest is unbeatable by anything other than OTK combos in the mid-late game.

They can get smashed by rush decks I guess.... but those are also lame. I find priests to be the toughest matchup for my shaman, druid or paladin decks - priests infinite healing + convert said healing into infinite damage cards let them trade far too efficiently to be matched by midgame or late game creature decks.
07/04/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Meatbawler
Hearthstone and card games in general are meant to have diversified cards that create interesting situations, it's part of their identity.
It creates a lot of balance problems in certain situations, but those are necessary for the game, and if you can't deal with a priest, you probably can't deal with other classes either.
All classes have ways of doing everything and have unique strategies.
Priest decks can do work, or can be aggro'd down. Amaz's decks are the best if you really want to go far, otherwise, they have counters.

Um...there's very little diversity in hearthstone for cards - everyone plays the cards for the class they chose to play, not much variety beyond that. There's a few slight differences in what cards are in each deck, but it's mostly because not everyone has the exact cards and has to substitute, not that they are trying to play a different strategy.
07/04/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Mrdoomcow
I totally agree with this i played today a lot but when i see a priest it's just me raging on a chair when i do some board control then he does holy nova when i try to make a op minion he shadow words, when i try to let him lose card he just spawnes a northshire cleric and heals everyone and draws card , when i try to use spells he just spawnes a lot of minions and chrushes me. all by all priest needs some rework AND I MEAN TOTAL REWORK

I agree to a degree... they are incredibly frustrating to play against for most decks. I imagine rush locks eat them alive, but those are also lame....

Anything that relies on midgame is going to get killed by them because you can't trade minions with them effectively, and if you build a board it's just instant-boardwipe. Either way, you lose.
hahahaha! this just makes me laugh... As a Mage who can NEVER defeat the Priest it totally frustrates me... Indeed I want those steal cards to go.. BUT the chances of them ALWAYS getting my biggest threat, is well 1 in 30 etc... something like that.those are spells if I am not mistaken, SO as a Mage I can use counterspell secrets.. That helps a little bit.. Every class has something super special that everyone else hates... You are gunna win some.. You are gunna lose some.. Currently I win maybe 1 in 5 if I am lucky.. And since Priests scare me, I just auto concede.. Problem solved.. :)

CHEERS!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]