Mind Control is on our Mind

Stealing minions and and spells are unfair. The only class immune are rogues who have many class specific cards. Nerf pls
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 08:10 PMPosted by Glaston
Stealing minions and and spells are unfair. The only class immune are rogues who have many class specific cards. Nerf pls

Stealing your opponent's cards is the Priest's class specific mechanic, just like Warriors do amazing things with weapons and armor, and Druids get a lot of cards that let you choose between two different effects. It's not unfair, it's just different. It could be unfair if it left Priests actually more powerful than other classes, but then you get mugged by reality and discover that Priests are pretty much the worst class in the game and are hard countered by all eight of the other classes.

But hey, it's OK because Monks and Death Knights don't wreck Priests. Sure, those classes don't even exist yet, but they don't wreck Priests (yet), and that makes it OK to ask for otherwise completely unjustified nerfs because the guy in court told you to show him on the dolly where the bad Priest touched you.
Edited by Moncrief on 4/11/2014 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 08:52 PMPosted by Moncrief
04/11/2014 08:10 PMPosted by Glaston

Stealing your opponent's cards is the Priest's class specific mechanic, just like Warriors do amazing things with weapons and armor, and Druids get a lot of cards that let you choose between two different effects. It's not unfair, it's just different. It could be unfair if it left Priests actually more powerful than other classes, but then you get mugged by reality and discover that Priests are pretty much the worst class in the game and are hard countered by all eight of the other classes.

But hey, it's OK because Monks and Death Knights don't wreck Priests. Sure, those classes don't even exist yet, but they don't wreck Priests (yet), and that makes it OK to ask for otherwise completely unjustified nerfs because the guy in court told you to show him on the dolly where the bad Priest touched you.

Priest should have a complete overhaul, the fact that their class ability is to steal minions make it a naturally anti-fun mechanic, it is detrimental to the game as long as it exists. Do note that i am not saying Priest is anywhere near OP [Hell, i probably have an 80%+ winrate against Priests], but when they do get lucky with all the controlling shenanigans it makes for a very frustrating game that puts people off from playing the game.
With all fronts considered Priest is indeed a terrible class, it is currently weak, anti-fun and allows for very long,boring and dragged out games. This class needs some serious fixing/removal/replacing.
Reply Quote
I really don't get it why you get worked up about priest's minion stealing. As some of you also said, it is often more a gimick.

The permanent stealing can be done starting at 6 mana. However, even then this costs 1 full turn for you. The same applies to mind control at 10 mana.

These conditions are hardsh for a class which board control is terribad and which cannot do a crap against strength 4 minions.

Also there are combination of other classes which have much more impact and are much more annoying.
Reply Quote
04/12/2014 03:34 AMPosted by Asmodean
I really don't get it why you get worked up about priest's minion stealing. As some of you also said, it is often more a gimick.

The permanent stealing can be done starting at 6 mana. However, even then this costs 1 full turn for you. The same applies to mind control at 10 mana.

These conditions are hardsh for a class which board control is terribad and which cannot do a crap against strength 4 minions.

Also there are combination of other classes which have much more impact and are much more annoying.

What ur saying is that all classes should run 4 attack minions to work around priests, to me that's more than a gimmick. I'm fact it makes the class unbalanced. Which other class works by removing minions based on attack?

More often than not the priest by using thought steal is getting 2 cards for 1. So they have 50/50 chance of getting a bad card. Not bad odds considering it's only 3 mana.

MC is just bad. It's not balanced to steal minions to won games.
Reply Quote
is this thread old / no longer valid? at 6 mana priests take a 2 attack (or less) minion, strong but not game breaking? at 10 mana any minion, expensive!

04/12/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Glaston

please explain why is it 'balanced' for 8 mana rag to win a game but not for a 10 mana mind control?
Reply Quote
4 attack minions please o.o. Priest removal requires way too many cards and is too situational. It is very strong in that situation, BUT it still doesn't address the 4 attack gap which is horrible. Setting aside SOOOO MANY cards for removal and STILL not being able to deal with the most common Azure Drake/Yeti/Twilight Drake/ Gadgetzan/Druid of the Claw/Ysera/listgoeson. A rework on MC and a buff in removal would put priests in a good place.

Setting aside spells for silences, +5 attack, atk<4 minions, and AoE, AND spells/tech for 4atk minions. A competitive priest deck nowadays is super responsive and if you don't have the perfect response in hand, you are screwed. I've had a 9 to 2 card advantage on my opponent... and he drops a Ysera. I don't have my silence or alchemist in hand. I lose -_-. I did have holy fire, holy nova, and 2 shadow word deaths.
Edited by RatedGG on 4/13/2014 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Blackfox
is this thread old / no longer valid? at 6 mana priests take a 2 attack (or less) minion, strong but not game breaking? at 10 mana any minion, expensive!

04/12/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Glaston

please explain why is it 'balanced' for 8 mana rag to win a game but not for a 10 mana mind control?

Hurr Durr cos one's a legendary. By nature rag should be a better card. It's harder to get for a reason. It does something powerful for a reason. It's why you can only have one per deck.

MC is a free card that is extremely powerful. It's unbalanced. Geez you priests are really something
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 02:04 AMPosted by Glaston
Hurr Durr cos one's a legendary

lol I knew that was coming, care to elaborate and make a better argument than hurr durr it is legendary?

Mana Tide Totem(normal) for example is better than nat pagle(legendary) but costs more, one example of a normal being better than a legendary!

mind control cripples you for 1 turn as you can NOT summon or cast anything, you can't even use the minion that round unless it has charge! you know what else? if you snag something good nothing stopping it getting 1 shot or otherwise incapacitated next turn!

edit:just want to add you can faceless manipulator(5) and have 5 mana left for removal (hex for example) to do the same as mind control but cheaper

By nature rag should be a better card

if legendary cards are just better than everything no exceptions why have anything eles?

Geez you priests are really something

I do not think of myself as a 'priest' lol I have been also playing warlock, mage paladin and rogue, if I had more cards I would probably play more rogue more. I have had mind control used against me, it has not really been a massive problem
Edited by Blackfox on 4/14/2014 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]