Mind Control is on our Mind

MVP - Hearthstone
I think this change would take care of it:
MC - cost 6
Take control of a minion with 4 or less power.

http://www.hearthhead.com/card=272/cabal-shadow-priest
Reply Quote
Just give the ability to silence a MC minion. Put a special icon on the MC'ed minion like the Cobra has, maybe a little brain or something. Re-moveable and return to the owner with silence. Also Returned to owner at 50% of the original health so the priest didn't waste a 8 mana cost card to a silence.
Reply Quote
Why not just make it a neutral card.

Other option is you make it like the infestor mind control and make it only last a few seconds, returning it to the other player's hand after the mind controller's turn is over.
Reply Quote
How about if the creature that's been taken control of would be destroyed (through damage or assassinate or whatever other removal card) you get it back and also if it's returned to hand it goes back to the original owner and you could use the Brewmasters on it since it's technically yours?
Edited by Vegaz on 10/22/2013 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great !
Reply Quote
The issue with Mind Control I feel personally is many players by the time they get to turn 8 are looking to close the game. By the time I get to turn 8 in a good game I'm generally hoping to sport a minimal board with all of my tricks still in hand.

There's a certain mentality and meta-game for me which is what keeps Priest so interesting. Most Priests I know run a very minimal minion deck because we all use the other players minions against them. But because of this, you need to play very carefully. At turn 4, we know if we build anything too early its going to be Hexed, Polymorphed. Turn 5, Assasinated. Turn 7 Flamestrike etc etc etc.This shouldn't be any different to people playing against a Priest. As one of the MvP says, playing around what cards someone may have is something a lot of players aren't used to yet.

Equally, I'm seeing many players now play 4-x cards which are forcing me to play more carefully and using Inner Fire defensively as opposed to pure offense. If you consider SW:D and Inner Fire combined to be a 4 cost AND conditional, that makes it worse than Polymorph in terms of Mana and Cards spent.

But, back to Mind Control, its an 8 cost card. Its almost an all in card as there's very little you can do after it. If a good player uses his spells properly for removal when really needed that 8 cost card is wasted.

At the earlier end of the constructed rankings where people throw out cards, Mind Control will swing a game heavily. Towards latter ends, If Mind Control swings the game I'd say its likely the other person had already lost and was throwing in last ditch efforts with big cards.

As for arena. Mind Control being too powerful is about as useful as playing against Legendary Cards like Ysera or Ragnaros. Its entirely, the luck of the draw.
Reply Quote
How about,"Cost 5: Take an enemy minion and put it into your hand."?

This limits the power of the exchange. Either you take a smaller minion to drop it immediately for its battlecry, charge, or in-play effect; or you take your opponent's huge creature and save it for next round, which gives him another turn to set up removal for his Mind-Controlled creature.
Reply Quote
i think best change would be to make mindcontrol effect happen 1 turn after its played that way the player who's unit is mindcontrolled can try to trade it or reduce its hp during that 1 turn or do some kind of preparations before opponent gets the unit (mby with combination of small cost reduction so it wouldnt become up with the change
Edited by drakonz on 10/22/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just to add, everyone seems upset about Mind Control especially in big minions, but no one seems to say anything about Faceless Manipulator+removal which is essentially the same thing for the same cost.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 12:28 PMPosted by lolsienblog
Just to add, everyone seems upset about Mind Control especially in big minions, but no one seems to say anything about Faceless Manipulator+removal which is essentially the same thing for the same cost.

because thats 2 cards instead of only 1 card
Reply Quote
Make mc a 9 or 10 cost and call it a day.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 12:34 PMPosted by LuckyLurch

i seriously dont think cost change would fix anything at all in mindcontrol
Reply Quote

i seriously dont think cost change would fix anything at all in mindcontrol

I just don't get how mc is anymore broken than turn 4-7- hunter wins, polymorph, or even hex.

8 cost is a lot of mana for a minion you may or may not even get to keep.

I get MC is strong in arena but its no where near as strong in constructed where people have counters specifically prepared for it.
Edited by LuckyLurch on 10/22/2013 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 12:33 PMPosted by drakonz

because thats 2 cards instead of only 1 card

I'm not sure why the 2 cards matters so much, you're still expending 8 mana in a single turn to use FM and SW:D. Ok, you could use the cards elsewhere, but its performing the same task as a Mind Control effectively. Combined with say Poly/Hex/Assasinate for 9/9/10, its a very similar effect.
Reply Quote
Priests in general are just overpowered. It's a shame I keep getting other priests half the time or I would never lose. Mind control is basically a double value card because you get to destroy an enemy minion and gain a minion. It is best when you steal a legendary, people auto quit. And the shadow word cards are the just the best for add control. 3 resources to destroy an 8 or 9 attack minion with no damage to ANY of my characters? Yea, OP. Combine with all the health and attack buffs, it is so easy to own as a priest. The only downside is when I'm forced to play another class for dailies, I usually get stomped by priests. I've taken to just auto quitting when I get one now.
Reply Quote
Hey, I have my Beta-Key for some Days now, and had to Play against some Priests too.

I almost crushed my Laptop when the opponend mindcontroled my very strong Minion the thrid game in a row. Along with his other minion-destroyers thats realy painfull to Play against!

It is just not Fun. So if you can Change it, that would be awsome!
Maybe Mindcontrole only works if the Minions Life+Attack < 10 or something like that?
Reply Quote
i've suggested this before but i think a good solution would be to lower the cost by 1 or 2 and make MC silence the minion before taking control of it. just give the priest the naked atk/hp without the minion text.
Reply Quote
I don't think its just MC, its just the tipping point to rage quitting games, Priest have a lot of things going for them,

-They have a lot of draw power that their class ability can enhance on cleric and other neutral cards.

-They don't need/want to be the aggressor since they can heal their minions and hold the field by using controls to clear the field during sleeping sickness and keep theirs alive.

-With such healing/control combinations they can gather larger hands thus more utility and in worst case just self heal for more time.

-To top that off they use your own deck against you, stealing cards with mind vision low cost easy to use early for often a higher card for late game (dual purpose spots future threats + your own). Thoughsteal, stealing cards from your deck also adding insight of what to come. Mind Games potentially dropping a higher cost unit on the field for cheap. Shadow Madness with the potential to kill 2 cards with one. And Mindcontrol a 2 card flip -1 opponent +1 priest. Minions that mind control.

By the time for endgame priest has a larger hand and opponent plays one of his few cards left say a deathwing only to have it turn against him.

Reduce controls and holding the field will be harder and card stealing more tolerable.

or

Reduce the card draw and it will be harder to control field efficiently.

That's my Opinion, even without MC they can still make super minions with lightwells and lightspawn in combination with divine spirit and inner fire.
Reply Quote
In my opinion MC is not the biggest problem with Priests. Sure it is a powerful card so make it last one turn OR only usable as only action that turn (no attack with other minions, no spells etc.)

Beside that I am still saying, that the more important points to look at are that the only safe spot for enemy minions are those with 4 attack und in general that the costs for buff spells are way too low.

Maybe not nerving MC to much but also paying attention to the other problems.

^
|
|

Would sound better in german^^
Edited by Todomeda on 10/22/2013 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Hounds
ty sir although I don't think it's MC that's broken by itself, it's the entire kit of priest removal at the moment. you can't play creatures with 3 or less attack, 2 or less hp, 5 or less hp, 5 or more attack, or anything that gets mind control cause priests have an instant answer in shadow word pain, nova, holy fire, shadow word death, and mc.

This^^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]