Best classes for Arena?

Is there any general accepted tier list for arena?
Reply Quote
Priest
Warrior
then maybe hunter... but really it's all about priest and then w/e you like if priest doesn't come up.
Reply Quote
I current place Warrior, Mage, Paladin and Priest in Tier 1.

Shaman, Rogue and Druid in Tier 2.

Hunter and Warlocks in Tier 3.
Reply Quote
Any class can be good if you pull the right cards. Arena is all about luck of the draw. The choices I make are more based on knowledge of the class and how well I know card combinations and what will work. So for me..

1. Mage, Priest, Druid.

2. Warlock, Shaman, Hunter.

3. Warrior, Rogue.
Reply Quote
1. Priest, Warrior

2. Paladin, Mage, Shaman

3. Rogue , druid

4. Hunter, warlock
Reply Quote
Priest
Reply Quote
Warrior has been my best by far. Last 6 or 7 runs as Warrior have all been 9. Priest and Mage are awesome too.
Reply Quote
The better arena classes are the ones who don't rely on specific cards/card combinations.

Hunter for example relies much more on combinations than someone like a mage, so he isn't as good.
Reply Quote
I started this post right after the patch to see what people thought:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10137434026

My list is updated now though:

Top tier (all about the same, but if I HAD to rank them...)
1. Mage
2. Paladin
3. Priest
4. Druid

Second tier
5. Warlock
6. Shaman
7. Rogue

Third Tier
8. Warrior
9. Hunter

There were a couple classes that were consistently at the top previously: mage is definitely up there, as well as priest.

-Gillars
Reply Quote
Tier lists completely depend on the playstyle you're most comfortable with.

My best classes are Paladin, Priest and Warrior because I'm consistently able to generate absurd amounts of card advantage with these classes and grind the win out.

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan of Warlock or Hunter in Arena because you have to usually go suicide aggression to win and I don't like hoping my opponent has no board clear.

You might find you're the opposite of me and you hate slow decks - the trick is playing each class so you can discover what playstyle suits you best yourself.
Reply Quote
As a beginner, it's okay to play as Mage ?
Reply Quote
Let's see now, my personal tier list would be:

Tier 1: Mage
Tier 2: Warrior, Paladin, Priest
Tier 3: Shaman, Warlock, Rogue, Druid
Tier 4: Hunter

Although I believe the official tiers based on recent statistics would be:

Tier 1: Mage
Tier 2: Warrior, Paladin, Shaman
Tier 3: Warlock, Rogue, Priest, Druid
Tier 4: Hunter

I'm still not entirely sure why Priest has a low win rate and Shaman has a high one in the official statistics. I think perhaps people losing to Priest get it into their head that Priest is overpowered and pick it themselves. I personally cannot get Shaman to work, yet every time I play against it my opponents keep playing cards like Forked Lightning, Lightning Storm, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental and Flametongue Totem and put up a great fight.
Reply Quote
From personal experience:

1 Mage and Paladin.
2 Warlock, Druid, Priest, Warrior and Shaman
3 Hunter and Rogue

Still, all depends on the draft really.
Reply Quote
12/08/2013 06:23 PMPosted by SilentBobUS
I personally cannot get Shaman to work, yet every time I play against it my opponents keep playing cards like Forked Lightning, Lightning Storm, Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental and Flametongue Totem and put up a great fight.

I have the same problem. Finally my fifth Shaman run got to 7 wins and that was with an amazing deck with 2 Axes, 3 Lightning Storms, a Lightning Bolt, Forked Lightning, 2 Fire Elementals and 3 Unbound Elementals. My other runs are two 3s, a 4 and a 6. I feel like Shaman is a cursed class for me, somehow I feel my "luck" is really bad with Shaman and I also tend to make more bad plays with it.

Paladin is the polar opposite, no matter what deck I draft, I seem to get to 9 wins. So on my tier list, Paladin would be number 1 and Mage number 2. And because I like winning, I pick those two classes almost always if they are available. The only exceptions are if I want to do a daily and/or I want to try another class just for fun. Usually it ends badly and I want to "comfort" myself with a couple of good Pally runs. :D
Reply Quote
Priest and Warrior should be best? Guys what did you drink?

Mage is best by far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]