Folder created in ~/Documents

An odd folder was created by Blizzard in ~/Documents/ called Library. It ends up resolving to ~/Documents/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone. I think you guys meant to create that structure in the top-level of the home directory, but for some reason were pointed to ~/Documents instead.
Reply Quote
I join mtwdm, this is rather sloppy of Blizzard devs.
Very annoying to see stuff placed where it doesn't belong.
Reply Quote
Bug confirmed, this should be in ~/Library
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
I've had VM Ware Fusion and FS-Uae put it's settings in the Documents folder too.
Reply Quote
As far as I can tell, placing settings into Documents folder is just a bad old Windows practice. And even on Windows there's a new place for them now.

Anyway the ~/Documents/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone path strongly suggests that these files are misplaced.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem after installing the game on Mavericks.

The options.txt in ~/Documents/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt should be placed in ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone/options.txt

There's already ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/ folder for other blizzard games. It's clearly misplaced.
Reply Quote
Same issue here too. Shouldn't be in Documents
Reply Quote
As a game developer myself I have run into this problem. The issue occurs on seemingly random computers. If the game can't place the folder in library, it creates it in documents instead. I think it has to do with user permissions.
Reply Quote
+1. This is a rather annoying issue as most Mac users keep their Documents base folder more or less tidy save for a few subfolders so it's very noticable if a new folder pops up there every time the game starts.

Please change ~/Documents/Library/Application support to ~/Library/Application support before public release!
Reply Quote
Same issue here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]