flamestrike overpowered

my first match and its against a mage who was way higher level than me and just repeatedly used flamestrike wiping all my minions off the field in 1 spell

fix it
Reply Quote
You can only use two copies in contstructed and If you flood the field with minions right before turn 7 you are just asking for a flamestrike.

Please post more about spells that are obviously balanced. Not blizzs fault you are bad at playing the game.
Edited by LuckyLurch on 10/24/2013 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yup its my fault that a 7 mana card is able to completely clear the field

its not balanced no other class can do something like that, its op
Reply Quote
Control is supposed to be a mages strong point. Flamestrike is easy to bait out.

Just play smart and you'll be fine. I see mages waste flamestrike all the time even in masters.
Reply Quote
People like you give me cancer.
Reply Quote
0/10 try harder next time ploX
Reply Quote
spam more minions plz.

There should be a thread on this forum called " This is OP, That is OP, Everything is OP " for people
like you to complain in! Each class has their own ways of being OP. You just need to keep playing and IMPROVE.
Edited by WahChing on 10/25/2013 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What everyone else is trying to say is that you shouldn't be dropping 3, 4, 5 or more minions on the board in the first place. You need to have more of a concept of pacing yourself. Make the mage waste his Flamestrike to kill only 2 of your minions instead of 5 of them, and you'll have three to drop on the board after the Flamestrike goes off.

TL;DR - make better plays instead of complaining about something that is entirely your own fault
Reply Quote
Ever heard of Twisted Nether? Sure it's 1 more mana and blows everything up but, unlike Flamestrike which does 4 damage, that spell just destroys everything. Stop crying and L2P.
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Nasreth
flooding the board with low life minions is almost always a bad strategy versus a mage.

QFT

In my mage deck, I can drop one or two +1 dmg minions and then do an arcane explosion and wipe the board of anything with 2 or 3 life. The people who beat me do so by dropping a small number of minions at a time and being patient. Trying to rush by dropping all the minions doesn't go well.
Reply Quote
No other class can do that? Lock and Paladin can both start aoeing at turn 4. Most ppl play blizzard over flamestrike anyway. Theres also twisting nether...And Lightning Storm, there is tons of aoe in this game, you're not suppose to just mindlessly play every creature in your deck and attack.
Reply Quote
my first match and its against a mage who was way higher level than me and just repeatedly used flamestrike wiping all my minions off the field in 1 spell

fix it

What does the mage's level have to do with it? Flamestrike is a basic card. Any mage level 10 will have it for free.

By "repeatedly" I assume you mean "twice," in which case I have to ask, why didn't you learn the first time?

Anyway, the other posters have it right. Anything after turn 6 is likely to get Flamestrike'd (Flamestricken? Flamestruck?). Unless the opponent overextends, it's usually a negative trade for the mage, and likely the only thing the mage will be able to play that turn. Its predictability makes it very easy to play around. Not sure what you think needs nerfed.

Now that you know that, you should have more success against it in the future.
Reply Quote
I feel the card does need to be balanced as well, however if you want it to be fixed dont complain. I suggest that it should be changed, possibly a decrease in the cost and not make it a global or to keep it a global skill possibly increase the cost
Reply Quote
10/26/2013 11:18 PMPosted by ZOMBIEHULK
I feel the card does need to be balanced as well, however if you want it to be fixed dont complain. I suggest that it should be changed, possibly a decrease in the cost and not make it a global or to keep it a global skill possibly increase the cost

Its not even a great card, its a constant debate for me whetever I should have it in a mage deck or not, and so far only one of my mage decks use 1x of it.

Any worse and I just won't run it in my deck.
Reply Quote
I think Flamestrike is underpowered. Should be 5 damage. Also OP's posts are all QQ, constructivity level 0.
Reply Quote
Flamestrike is obsolete thanks to Blizzard. now THAT is a stupid spell.
Reply Quote
Flamestrike is a good failsafe for when things go FUBAR, at least one should always be in your deck.
Reply Quote
I run 2x flamestrike in my mage deck but i am always thinking if i should change at least 1 for a blizzard or even both of them.

For me flamestrike is underpowered but a failsafe as @slayer mentioned.I run my deck mage based on spellpower and i usualy use a 2 mana kobold and 2 mana arcane explosion for board clear,or if i am in a bad situatian i preffer to summon 2x kobolds and 1 ogre magi + an arcane explosion which will deal 4 dmg exactly as the flame strike (+3 mana cost for what i wrote above compared to flametrike) rather then flamestriking because i can have 3 minions the next round.

Usually mages use flamestrike when their field is running pretty low on minions or maybe not at all and the mage is trying desperatly to just survive fo some arcane intellect.So flamestrike is most likely to be run on heavy minions mage deck/Failsafe for the other decks so i personally think it is underpowered for the big mana cost,and should lower the cost a little or increase the dmg to make it board clearer for mid game.

As to the OP ,you should just learn how to play the game try playing the mage if you say it's so op and, i am curios what will you say when you will get steamrolled every game as a mage.
Reply Quote
Twisting Nether isn't nearly as bad. Difference being flamestrike is one sided clear while TN is all creatures are killed. So it sents everyone back to square one not just the mages opponent. Heck you can FS then swing in with you field while the warlocks entire turn is TN.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]