Game stuck at startup seeing closed gates

Same with me
Reply Quote
Mac OSX Mavericks Here. re-installed. tried out of fullscreen and in fullscreen mode. I recently got a "time scale" button overlayed on the top left. But when I either run the app directly or through the launcher I sit at the closed gates lock screen.

Fully updated, OSx Updated, re-installed & restarted, all to no avail
Reply Quote
bump... still happening...
Reply Quote
Bump it up. I would really like to play in Beta...
Reply Quote
I am having exactly the same problem. Can't get into game at all after hitting play button and have to go to Task Manager to close the program.
Reply Quote
Same problem, Windows 7 only way to get out is to crt alt del and end process.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue. I let the screen sit there for 5 minutes and still nothing. I Ctrl+Alt+Del and find the process has stopped responding. It's not for lack of RAM, though the Battle Net app does eat up a lot of unnecessary RAM. I think the biggest problem is that when you're at the screen of the doors there is no way to know if it's just taking a while to load or if it's stuck. There's no loading bar or anything that gives an indication. Please help us all fix this. I just got my Beta Key today and was psyched to play, cause my wife's had her key for weeks now (no I'm not bitter j/k) and now the game is locking up on me. I am currently using Windows 7 on a laptop that plays WoW, Starcraft and Diablo with no issues so Hearthstone should not be an issue. Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
I guess I am experiencing the same things. I thought it was because I am in China.
Reply Quote
Same here! Installed the game a couple of days ago and keep getting stuck at closed gates. However, I installed the game on both my brother's and my sister's computer (HP notebook and MacPro) and the game actually worked. I guess it is probably related to hardware/software combinations...
Reply Quote
Filed a bug report in the corresponding section, maybe you guys can add to it?

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Okay guys I solved the issue for my machine. I poked around Blizzard Support pages for general games and found this:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications

I went in there and shut down a bunch of programs that were running that didn't need to be. Then I also went and turned off a lot of programs that were launching at startup that didn't need to be. I launched HS and it worked! And it's continued to work so I hope this helps you all.
Reply Quote
just installed it...and...same problem here...I watched cinematic, but in menu when it says "click to start" I hit it with one click but nothing happened...chatting with friends is working also I see menu button (can quit the game, etc)...
Reply Quote
Happening to me also on windows 8
Reply Quote
Same but i done 3 fights and at next one i get stuck and
Reply Quote
I have this issue too
Reply Quote
Me too....
Reply Quote
I get stuck after click to start...
Reply Quote
Same as above. Where is support? Is it a server related problem?
Reply Quote
Windows 7
My game stuck after I click to start it
Reply Quote
same problem here. :(

and i was SO happy when i got my key...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]