Community Druid Decks / Win Ratio Logs

Thanks for testing my current deck out Skaith, I was getting similar results with it last night. Surprisingly enough I was seeing a lot of control Druid decks that were direct copies from these forum threads, so we should all feel good that people are listening to us.

I've been an advocate of Ancients since I started playing Druid, but nobody seems to agree with me. Everyone is too scared of priests despite the fact that our control Druid decks directly counter them, Ancients or no Ancients.

I'm quickly finding that it's not worth running Ysera without an Ancient, Hogger seems to be working out better for me as of late. I'm also close to giving up on Rag without Ancients, people just aren't afraid of yeti's and azure drakes enough to use hard removal on them.

I think if you want to run Rag and Ysera, you should run twilight drakes and hope they don't have a silence in hand when you play them. 2x Twilight Drakes and an Ancient of War always freed up Rag and Ysera for me when I ran a more late game focused deck. I'm going to go back to my more late game focused Druid control deck and see how it matches up against the current evolving meta.
Reply Quote
Icarium

So I added the ancients and for the most part, I can outlast most decks. The ones that give me trouble are fast pally decks with divine favor (what ever that card that lets them draw cards). I tend to play less cards a turn mostly because of the expensive 4-6 mana cost cards in the deck, so they refill their hands multiple times and eventually overcome.

Black Knight has been working great with the Ancients and Mind Control. Priests always take my 5/10 or 8/8, and Black Knight destroys it while still getting that 2-1 trade MC gives Priests. Yea we lose our minion but if you have board control, Priests lost a turn.

But I can't for the life of me deal with rush warlock decks. they are too strong for any of our removal or minions to be effective.
Reply Quote
Icarium

So I added the ancients and for the most part, I can outlast most decks. The ones that give me trouble are fast pally decks with divine favor (what ever that card that lets them draw cards). I tend to play less cards a turn mostly because of the expensive 4-6 mana cost cards in the deck, so they refill their hands multiple times and eventually overcome.

Black Knight has been working great with the Ancients and Mind Control. Priests always take my 5/10 or 8/8, and Black Knight destroys it while still getting that 2-1 trade MC gives Priests. Yea we lose our minion but if you have board control, Priests lost a turn.

But I can't for the life of me deal with rush warlock decks. they are too strong for any of our removal or minions to be effective.

I find that our biggest counters are unleash hunters, rush Warlock, and to a lesser extent divine shield paladin.

I wish I had the Black Knight, he's the only good neutral Legendary I don't have so I'm saving up for a golden version. Ancient of War + Black Knight is an awesome combo, i'd probably replace Big Game Hunter with Knight.
Reply Quote
Icarium that's my idea behind a new strat I am trying, 2 twilight drakes, 2 azura drakes, 2 venomous cobras (saw you were trying it) and 1 defender of argus.

I can force 2 drakes into a taunted form using argus and then they will almost need removal, or even taunt onto the 2 cobras which means minions are forced to die.

seems like it would work well to me im trying it out tonight.
Reply Quote
Icarium that's my idea behind a new strat I am trying, 2 twilight drakes, 2 azura drakes, 2 venomous cobras (saw you were trying it) and 1 defender of argus.

I can force 2 drakes into a taunted form using argus and then they will almost need removal, or even taunt onto the 2 cobras which means minions are forced to die.

seems like it would work well to me im trying it out tonight.

That sounds quite interesting, I really like defender of argus but I'm always worried that he's too slow.

I've always said that if you can coin turn 3 a 4-6 twilight drake and the opponent doesn't have a silence, it becomes an easy victory for our control decks.
Reply Quote
Yea I think black knight is a way around divine shield pallies for sure and just universal taunts
Reply Quote
Meh it's the decks without taunts you should be worried about as a druid. Black Night feels so good when you kill their Tirion or Sunwalker but he isn't consistent enough for me. I'd rather Tinkmaster or Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
So I've been having some great success with this following deck so far. It's close to John and Icarium. Won the last 10 out of 11 matches vs sheild pallys, frost/secret mages, rush MC priests etc..., and rush UtH Hunters.

2x Innervate
2x Claw
2x Naturalize
2x Wrath
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1x Big Game Hunter
2x Swipe
2x Keeper of the Grove
2x Senjin Shieldmasta
2x Starfall
2x Azure Drake
2x Druid of the Claw
2x Starfire
2x Argent Commander
1x The Black Knight
2x Ancient of Lore
1x Ancient of War

Wrath, Starfire, and Drakes help with card draw. And I love Ancient of Lore because I get card draw and the opponent has to deal with my 5/5. So Far the innervates have saved me when I needed to get that extra move in a turn. Don't just rush on turn 1 or 2 and use it to get a drake out. Save it for turn 4 - 6 so that it allows you to play cards as though it was turn 8. It even won me the game when I used it just so I could use my hero power for 2 mana. I'm still iffy on this and it's not a must have.

I took out Cenarius and Ysera because they were always in my hand forever and dead weight. Everything else is so expensive that I'd rather Wrath + argent Commander + hero ability than play a ysera (normally).

I think most people underestimate the value of the Black Knight. And I have Slyvanna as well and would like to fit her into this deck somehow, but to me the random element is what gets her cut compared to the black knight.

I have never had a game that didn't have me using a black night to kill a taunt. Lord of Arena, the Pally/shaman legendaries, tazdingo, even spirt wolves etc. And the most common use is me putting a druid of the claw and having it mind controlled, and then me killing the taunt and not having to worry about the strength of mind control.

That menuever alone with Mind Control has literally won me 3 to 4 games already. But I tend to find sunwalkers and cards that buff to be the most common. Like Argus. So, so so many ramp decks are in the meta where you have

Novice Engineer / Loot horder
Cleric
Argus
Dwarf
Yeti

The design is all about trading while you get to draw cards. Well black knight trades back. Basically the entire game is how effecient you are at trading.

Get a good starfall / swipe? You are going to win the game. But you also need to handle cases where the opponent is smarter than to spam low health minions.

That's my speil on the Black knight and why I love thee :)

As far as substitions. Perhaps get rid of innervates and put kolbolds or (kobold + Bloodmage Thanos legendary). have a 5 swipe 2 damage aoe might be a savior for 6 mana if you throw both down.

Also I've tried the twilight drake. I agree it can be really powerful, but I feel it gets silenced 50% of the time (or at least at the top levels of play). If you have them in your deck I wouldn't replace the azure drakes because, the azure drakes actually help keep your hand full. They pay for themselves with the card draw, and the 4/4 and spellpower is a nice bonus.

Another suggestion might be to put in Slyvanna, Faerie dragoons and another ooze if you wanted to get rid of the innervates.
Reply Quote
10/29/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Exactable
Meh it's the decks without taunts you should be worried about as a druid. Black Night feels so good when you kill their Tirion or Sunwalker but he isn't consistent enough for me. I'd rather Tinkmaster or Sylvanas.

I have Tinkmaster, Sylvanas, and of course my esteemed love for the black knight. I agree with you that these are 3 powerful legendaries. Though I prefer to put Tinkmaster in my Paladin deck because If there is no big creatures to polymorph, I do it to my 1/1 recuit guys. At worse they stay the same, at best I just made a 5/5 turn 3 and have a 2/2 down as well.

Slyvanna has saved me many games vs Hunters and shamans/paladins. I only hate having her when I'm agaisnt a priest, because that will usually be their number one target to steal, and then they get 2 MC for 1 basically. I also wish you could pick, but then she would be pretty overpowered.

On a somewhat related note, I have a hunter deck filled with every legendary I have. Gruul, Slyvanna, Gelbin, Tinkmaster, Onyxia, Hogger, black knight, Ysera and King Crush and It actually preforms pretty well. 70% win rate but I do it for the luls. People usually expect me to rush beasts, and I always get a kick out of Gelbin's awesome inventions. Sometimes it totally backfires and heals them for 12 over 2 rounds. Sometimes I got 3 free polymorphs on the opposing player and he conceeded....
Reply Quote
Wow so went another 5 or so games undefeated with that deck. I took out 1 naturalize and added 1 Iron bark protector.

I'm actually liking the innervates a bit more now that I have good card draw. Holding them until turn 10+ allows for 2 6 card casts. Like Starfire and Argent Commander.

After playing another 5 games, 2 of the games I directly took board control after playing black knight. In one instance, a paladin played a Yeti + Argus + divine Sheild buff.

Black Knight played, and innervate + argent commander cleared board and I was left with 8 damage to hit him next turn. Anything he played I just nuked, and I had the game pretty much then.

This is the power of the black knight. Do not speak about this to other classes..... its our druid only secret.....

Edit: Just won another game. Priest put out sheildmaster, double life x 2, inner fire. Next turn I black knight (even better than a silence). He concedes. what a chump.
Edited by Skaith on 10/30/2013 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well after a day of amazing success (13-3) I think this deck is pretty darn solid.

Wrath x 2
Acidic swamp ooze x 1
Faerie Dragon x 2
Big Game Hunter x 1
Shattered Sun Cleric x 2
Claw x 2
Swipe x 2
Emperor Cobra x 2
Defender of Argus x 1
Keeper of Grove x 2
Azure Drake x 2
Nourish x 1
Starfall x 2
Druid of the Claw x 2
Starfire x 2
Argent Commander x 2
Black Knight x 1
Ragnaros x 1

I am most likely 110% sticking with this as one of my tourney decks, now I will have to build 2 more classes just incase they keep going with the need 3 decks of different classes rule.

I finished this deck about 2 hours ago and haven't lost since.

Btw last game of the night I was truly shocked. If many of you have heard there is a "rich kid druid deck" going around where they play almost every legendary in game and fill in gaps with mass control.

Well Nikkirissica if your a part of your classes forums you should be ashamed of yourself lol. Beat her while she was using that deck with my HP @ 30 with 2 armor. So clearly pure control > the all in legendary deck XD goodnight guys.
Edited by John on 10/30/2013 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I will admit I had a perfect counter for each her legendaries.

Hogger I used azure drake +1 SP for a 6 swipe and 3 onto his minions.

Bloodmage I just 1 damage wrathed for a card draw and kill.

Onyxia I used Big Game Hunter for Ony kill and starfalled all the whelps.

Ysera she dreamed it back into her hand but died next turn.

And her Ragnaros got destroyed due to full hand lol.
Reply Quote
Blizzard how about you blue post this thread btw! I think its useful for all the druid class starters what we have going here!
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

Just thought i'd share the deck i'm using in masters 3 with some success (maybe 70% WR / about 80 games played at this level).

Comments are very welcome.

Innervate x 2
Wrath x 2
Acidic Swamp Ooze x 1
Faerie Dragon x 2
Big Game Hunter x 1
Scarlet Crusader x 2
Shattered Sun Cleric x 1
Bite x 2
Swipe x 2
Keeper of the Grove x 2
Starfall x 1
Azure Drake x 2
Druid of the Claw x 2
Starfire x 2
Argent Commander x 2
Hogger x 1
Ancient of Lore x 2
Ysera x 1

Just some comments based on why i chose this sort of build as opposed to what i've been reading in this thread.

I found that Bite helps massively against aggro decks, combined with the healing of Ancient of Lore it helps fend of the storm against all in aggro decks, as well as functioning as decent removal.

I choose Ysera over Rag because of Shadow Word Death and Big Game Hunter mainly.

I would like to try Black Knight in place of Hogger as soon as i get one, as well as Bloodmage Thalnos replacing one of the early minions.

I've gotten some great ideas from this thread so far, keep up the good work guys.
Edited by guest on 10/30/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
www.twitch.tv/lolazka

My twitch if you wanna watch live gameplay.
Reply Quote
John great to hear. I have a legendary deck for the LULZ I use on my hunter. Everyone expects unleash the hounds, but no one is expecting a weird assortment of randomly (well all of my) legendaries put together. It's like the legendary avengers

Onyxia
Tinkmaster
Gelbin (<- once got 3 chickens/polymorphed on an opponent ;)
Slyvanna
Black Knight
Ysera
Gruul
King Crush
Loremaster Cho
Hogger

Then the rest is Hunter control (traps, direct damage, removal). It actually works not to bad. When the RNG is on my side.........

Also, Going to watch your stream while at work today.
Reply Quote
Ohhh, boo the first game I tuned in to watch John, a rogue deck similar to mine beat you. It's amazing how effective low cost spells are to our druids. But still fun to watch, so keep playing!

Edit: that warlock deck was brutal. I still don't have an answer to the +4+4 void terror. Only if I have a Naturalize or a big game hunter.......
Edited by Skaith on 10/30/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am getting the worst card draw today its unreal.
Reply Quote
10/30/2013 12:22 PMPosted by John
I am getting the worst card draw today its unreal.

It hasn't look that bad at least from the last 5 or 6 games I've seen.
Reply Quote
I see you guys are going with argent commander x2, let me know how they play out. I've been testing out Hogger with considerable success, at 6 cost I wonder if 1x commander and Hogger might give you more options.

And quit talking about the Black Knight! I really need to craft him and you're making me jealous as all heck.

Skaith: I really want to test your new deck out when i get black knight, but I'm wondering why you have 2x naturalize. Do you use Naturalize twice in a game, one mid and one late, or do you hope to just draw one and save it for late game?

I like that you're working innervate into control Druid, I'm very curious about it's performance as well.
Edited by Icarium on 10/30/2013 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]