Hunter Snake Trap

How are you guys getting these. Too craft it it's like 400 Arcane Dust to create. Is this the only method to get that card is to craft it?

Thanks,
Edited by Kel on 10/26/2013 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If someone wants it bad enough, they'll get the dust for it. Or maybe they just lucked out with a pack. Either way, I'm not sure if it's worth going out of your way to craft. I'm currently using a secret-heavy hunter deck, but I see little point in running Snake Trap. It's not bad, but it doesn't really fit with my strategy.
Reply Quote
I think the snake card is a must for the Hunter Deck. to draw 3 Beasts is pretty OP even know they are 1and 1. I have been running without it and doing fine but I think it adds a bit more to your Beast Artillary.
Reply Quote
If you're running a dedicated UTH combo, you don't need it. But snake trap is very good in a standard hunter deck, where you have beast synergy - especially buzzards and hyenas. One common play is to play a buzzard and a snake trap on the same turn. If your opponent is not very smart, he will attack the buzzard with a stronger creature, but then the trap triggers and you get to draw 3 cards. High level players don't fall for this, though.
Reply Quote
What is UTH?
Reply Quote
Unleash the hounds!
Reply Quote
will the snake trap go off if they hit beasts on the board or just minions?
Reply Quote
10/26/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Wix
will the snake trap go off if they hit beasts on the board or just minions?

Any minion will do, a very good swarmcard :)
Reply Quote
Snake Trap is also great when you have a Buzzard out and they attack it. You draw 3 cards on top of getting 3 beasts on the board.... I started playing Hunter because Snake Trap was my first epic from a booster pack.
Reply Quote
I think that for UTH and snake trap is great synergy. It gives a lot of power with unleashing this combo.
Reply Quote
This thing wont work if you minion is hit by a spell wtf it says attacked
Reply Quote
Hi!

Biggest problem with ST is that it's really easy to scout out and most of the players will prefer to check the ST last as they know what it can do due the beast aggro being a pain for everyone in early beta. I have tried this trap in aggro, UtH and Control and i must say only thing where i would run it is aggro.

For UtH it sounds pretty amazing. Get 3 1/1 that you can buff up when you do the combo. Problem is that you won't be having any minions on the board that the enemy will hit. It's great when it goes off and they can't AoE them. I still think there isn't room for ST and you are most likely better off just using the Hero Power.

For Control the problem is that the 1/1 minions won't do much for you as you won't have anything to combo them with. What i tried to get off from them was that i can ping the last damages to enemy minions when my other controll cards fail to finish the minion. I also have a bit sceved view as i run Abomination against UtH and other aggro decks and most often than not the snakes get triggeder by them attacking the Abom and the Abom blows the snakes up. I just really like the Abom for AoE controll and i decided to keep it instead of the ST.

For Aggro it's pretty good. Possibilitis for combos are many and this trap can get you more value out of your other cards. You also will be having so many minions on the board that they have to hit them with their minions most likely.

All that said, i wouldn't suggest anyone crafting these. 800 dust is half way to a legendary of your choise and these cards aren't that great!
Reply Quote
I got mine from a standard deck, amazing card. Included in all my decks;

Snake Trap + Buzzard = 3 additional cards, drop the +1 to all wolf, unleash the hounds and if any other beasts are present it makes for a great assault. Snakes are great when you can buff them, I usually try and tank and throw some shots in while saving the perfect 3 cards to put down when my mana is up.
Edited by Freestyle on 11/10/2013 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
had an accident with the snake trap today. had out two buzzards and snake trap popped......6 cards into hand. 4 of which got destroyed :) my own fault I guess. still got me an explosive shot which helped me win the match
Reply Quote
I always hold on to ST until i have at least one hyena. I'll play the ST and potentially a buzzard if i have it, let the enemy trigger the ST and then pop down my hyena, suicide all my snakes to take down their enemies, and suddenly i have a very buffed hyena and usually a clear board on their side. Always a fun combo. If they're able to kill it right away, its usually an expensive investment to do so and is still worth it.
Edited by Vincit on 11/16/2013 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
I crafted my pair of Snake traps, and had to disenchant several cards to do so, IMO they are must have for any hunter deck. Buzzard + Snake Trap is an incredibly powerful combo that should be baited whenever possible. I like to have a empty board then drop misdirection snake trap and buzzard, next turn drop timber wolves to buff snakes. A deck that revolves around snakes can easily outplay a deck that revolves around UTH, but have both for good measure.
Reply Quote
11/05/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Mbombo
This thing wont work if you minion is hit by a spell wtf it says attacked

Exactly, it says attacked. Spells are not attacks. Only attacks are attacks.

It's like you've never played a game where words have very specific meanings, and think you can just handwave your way into making any word mean whatever you want it to mean. Just a hint, that doesn't work so well when you're dealing with computers.
Reply Quote
If I shoot you but don't slap you or have my dog bite you. I have not attacked you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]