Card Draw + Minion Buffs Deck

I've swapped out my perdition's blades for 2x harvest golems, and they've been performing really well for me.

Also, this deck just won a hearthstone tournament (with some sideboarding - especially when I got matched up against a warlock in the finals) : http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/tournament/managrind-hearthstone

Who did you this change? Just for know :)
Reply Quote
I've swapped out my perdition's blades for 2x harvest golems, and they've been performing really well for me.

Also, this deck just won a hearthstone tournament (with some sideboarding - especially when I got matched up against a warlock in the finals) : http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc/hearthstone-heroes-of-warcraft/tournament/managrind-hearthstone

I ended up swapping out the 2x novice engineers, 2x gnomish inventors and 2x dark iron dwarf (not sure this was the best choice to swap out.. but I had difficulty having any minions out to buff using it), for 2x perdition's blade (as I just swapped them out for harvest golems), 2x blade flurry and 2x argent squire.

Argent squires are actually really strong against aggressive decks, and give a big tempo boost - they also function really well with minion buffs (as any divine shield minion does). I'm considering including them in the main deck.

EDIT: Oh, the other nice thing about the squires is they provide a very easy combo trigger that can pretty much always be used.
Edited by Kithros on 11/2/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I ended up swapping out the 2x novice engineers, 2x gnomish inventors and 2x dark iron dwarf (not sure this was the best choice to swap out.. but I had difficulty having any minions out to buff using it), for 2x perdition's blade (as I just swapped them out for harvest golems), 2x blade flurry and 2x argent squire.

Argent squires are actually really strong against aggressive decks, and give a big tempo boost - they also function really well with minion buffs (as any divine shield minion does). I'm considering including them in the main deck.

EDIT: Oh, the other nice thing about the squires is they provide a very easy combo trigger that can pretty much always be used.

Yeah but seems that's you lose alot of draw potential with those change.
Reply Quote
nothing beats squires with redemption as a pally... absorbs 4 hits from a rogue ;/...
Reply Quote
Wondering how the deck deals with big creatures since you are not going to run assassinate..
Also, how you combo off with 7 Agent and Blades with only 2 backstab? there is nothing else wich costs 0 or 1, seems like delaying the drops too much

Will try it soon tough
Edited by Shyntil on 11/3/2013 5:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wondering how the deck deals with big creatures since you are not going to run assassinate..
Also, how you combo off with 7 Agent and Blades with only 2 backstab? there is nothing else wich costs 0 or 1, seems like delaying the drops too much

Will try it soon tough

Argent commander, eviscerate, or buff up the 2/1s from loot hoarder/ringleader etc. with dark iron dwarf/cleric/argus and trade fodder minions with them.

Also worth noting that by the time it gets to the point where people are playing really big stuff like Ysera etc. - if they play Ysera I can usually just kill them that turn since they haven't actually killed anything of mine that turn.

Tirion is the only big thing that has proven to be truly annoying for me, usually have to deal with making an inefficient trade with Tirion and moving on - I still usually win afterwards by making better trades everywhere else throughout the game.
Reply Quote
I see. What about the combo "problem"? or at least it see to me its hard to combo with this deck
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 06:44 AMPosted by Shyntil
I see. What about the combo "problem"? or at least it see to me its hard to combo with this deck

It can be a bit of a problem sometimes - the advantage this deck has over most rogue decks though is that it has pretty much no 'situational' cards (other than arguably the combo cards themselves). This means that while it may not have really efficient ways to combo them before turn 4-5 most of the time, once it does have enough mana it ceases to be a problem because the rest of the cards are always useful to play pretty much (virtually never a 'bad' time for a loot hoarder/novice engineer/thalnos etc.).

That said, the problem with comboing early + the relative weakness to aggressive decks have convinced me to start running argent squires now. I've dropped the gnomish inventors. Argent squires fill the gap with comboing and also deal with the weakness to aggressive decks - if ignored, it can easily trade up with the opponents minions thanks to the cleric/dark iron dwarf.

I've also dropped 1 of the defender of argus for Sylvanas and seeing how that plays out. Sylvanas is really efficient (5 mana for a 5/5 is almost mana efficient on its own, and if Sylvanas' ability forces the opponent to play their turn out differently or take *anything* then it's more than paid for itself).
Reply Quote
Cool, and thanks for the detailed explanation. Out of curiosity, how you found all the legendaries you need?
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Shyntil
Cool, and thanks for the detailed explanation. Out of curiosity, how you found all the legendaries you need?

If you mean how I got them - I'm able to arena infinitely and I've gotten over 600 arena wins, so I've pretty much gotten all the cards I needed that way. I've only gotten 1 arena run by actually paying for it (to get gelbin).

I've also spent 2000 gold on packs because I gained gold faster than I spent it in arena, and still have 2000 gold leftover.
Reply Quote
UHm, guess do you drop at 8 wins for making all those golds then
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Shyntil
UHm, guess do you drop at 8 wins for making all those golds then

I don't need to drop at 8 wins because I can go infinitely either way. 9 wins is still better if you're trying to get cards, and I don't need more gold to run more arena.
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Kithros

If you mean how I got them - I'm able to arena infinitely and I've gotten over 600 arena wins, so I've pretty much gotten all the cards I needed that way. I've only gotten 1 arena run by actually paying for it (to get gelbin).

I've also spent 2000 gold on packs because I gained gold faster than I spent it in arena, and still have 2000 gold leftover.

jesus, nice i'm not even close to even pull something like that haha.
Reply Quote
Not sure about that. I myself hit 9 wins 2 arenas out of 3, still havent infinite golds tbh.
Reply Quote
Tried it. Deck works well but the murloc matchup seems really bad. I guess blade flurry could help. Or maybe a Sunfury Protector?

Also in general. a t2 Faerie Drake is hard to deal with
Edited by Shyntil on 11/3/2013 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump, works for me as well. Don't have legendaries, swapped in a Shiv (card draw for Thalnos) and Assassin's Blade (damage for Van Cleef).
Reply Quote
Hit'd master 3 star on the smurf with 36-2 win/lose
Edited by Shyntil on 11/3/2013 11:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
The common pool cards from Kithros' deck work fairly well across most classes.
just fill in some class specific cards and you're pretty good to go. It of course works with rogue, and I've had solid success with shaman/paladin/hunter too.

Stardard cards:

Loot Hoarder x2
Novice Engineer x2
Harvest Golems x2
Shattered Sun Clerics x2
Dark Iron Dwarves x2
Gnomish inventor x2
Defender of Argus x1
Argent Commander x1
Reply Quote
Finished uploading the tournament finals if anyone's curious. As I've mentioned before, I think I made a mistake swapping out the dark iron dwarves instead of the defenders of argus while sideboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpKb0tL7mik&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
Finished uploading the tournament finals if anyone's curious. As I've mentioned before, I think I made a mistake swapping out the dark iron dwarves instead of the defenders of argus while sideboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpKb0tL7mik&feature=youtu.be

nice; that first game you had no chance with what you had and what he pulled.Nice change with argent and blade flurry(which imo only has a use vs this type of player/class cant justify it otherwise).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]