Hunters in Masters 3

Cant
be
beaten
too
stronk

In all seriousness I am using a top tier control/removal deck etc etc. Hunters are my !@#$ing kryptonite. I can out strategize and take almost every other class as long as I have my head straight and sometimes some luck, But I have never ever beaten a hunter they are %^-*ing OP
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
this isn't the hunter forum. O.o
Reply Quote
My point is I use a Druid deck.... Hense my kryptonite major weakness lol
Edited by John on 10/27/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually just beat my first hunter but out of the 5 I played in masters so far this one I beat was the only control hunter I fought rest are 1 turn kill hunters
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
Want to link your deck to see if there is some sort of weakness that the hunter decks are exploiting in your hand? Maybe you need more charge minions or board clears to prevent their buff stacking from taking you out? Maybe more early-game taunt minions to protect you?
Edited by Lissanna on 10/27/2013 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The mid/late control Druid deck is indeed weak against aggro/unleash hunters. The issue is that you're both playing control until mid/late game, but Druid can't 1 turn wombo combo for 20+ damage where as the hunter can. Your only defense against unleash hunters is taunt, or put down enough damage early and hope he can't 1 shot you on turn 7+ so you can kill him the very next turn.

Unless you want to add more taunts in your deck, pray for druids of the claw against unleash the hounds decks.
Reply Quote
I beat them all day long with at least 80% win rate over 200 games against hunters. The key is to use minions that are low cost and have 2 lifes. (i.e divine shield and harvast golem) and kill them before round 7.
Reply Quote
I agree ICarium I will link my deck but in all honesty I haven't had a druid of the claw in hand during any of the 4 hunters (which was very unlucky) but heres my deck,

Naturalize x 1
Wrath x 2
Acidic swamp ooze x 1
Faerie Dragon x 2
Big Game Hunter x 1
Scarlet Crusader x 2
Bite x 2
Swipe x 2
Chillwind Yeti x 2
Keeper of Grove x 2
Twilight Drake x 2
Nourish x 1
Starfall x 2
Druid of the Claw x 2
Starfire x 2
Ancient of Lore x 1
Ancient of War x 1
Ysera x 1
Ragnaros x 1
Reply Quote
I don't see a Harvest Golems place in a control deck like I am running but its a good idea for just hunters.
Reply Quote
I mean my deck flows so well against anything but rush hunters. My earlygame I just keep the board clear, Mid game I get them to blow their removals on drakes, yetis, and druids of claw and sometimes ancients. Then play rag or ysera to pressure a win.
Reply Quote
I could see adding a bloodmage thanos for the +1 SP and adding 1 card when die. Then I could boost starfall to 3 damage to all minions. But I would need to play him around a taunt or, mana + 7 which could be too late
Reply Quote
I am like 43-15 overall record since I started. Just hit Masters 3 a few games ago. Generally I like the deck and class and just starting I am doing very well. It could just get better the more I play who knows. (Played Magic for 8 years pretty quick to learn this.)
Reply Quote
10/27/2013 01:06 PMPosted by John
I am like 43-15 overall record since I started. Just hit Masters 3 a few games ago. Generally I like the deck and class and just starting I am doing very well. It could just get better the more I play who knows. (Played Magic for 8 years pretty quick to learn this.)

Looking at your deck list, I see that you've been reading the control Druid thread:p

Your deck is the exact copy of my first "refined" control Druid deck except for the 2x Scarlet Crusader ( I was using Harvest Golems, go figure).

Take solace in the fact that there a very few direct counters to this deck, I think only unleash hunters and Murwarlock decks have a 6-4 or 7-3 against it.

I have no doubt that hunters or at least unleash will be reworked in the near future. I don't think Hunters are OP at all, but unleash the hounds has zero reactionary counter-play, and completely stale and unreliable proactive counter-play.
Edited by Icarium on 10/27/2013 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I feel so embarrassed I just lost to a Priest which never happens cause I accidentally starfired my hero instead of his ogre X.X I hope he knows I would have won otherwise lol
Reply Quote
i see why you are bad against hunters. There is not much you can do if you have so many high mana cards. For me, I just keep playing minions and end with savage roar.
Reply Quote
10/27/2013 01:41 PMPosted by GodIike
i see why you are bad against hunters. There is not much you can do if you have so many high mana cards. For me, I just keep playing minions and end with savage roar.

Aggro Druid should have no problem against hunters, but have fun against a decent mage.
Reply Quote
Against hunters I guess I will take the disadvantage, but that control deck can pretty much beat every other class in the game its the best route imo.
Reply Quote
Mages, pallies, and warriors are what I see being played most at high ranks, and what will probably be used at blizzcon. I am happy knowing I can beat all 3 of them easily.
Reply Quote
What I've been successful at with the Hunters is forcing removal early on and dropping big baddies with taunt. Abomination has wiped their board a few times for me and I always just sit and laugh. If you see them holding cards be sure to use bite to gain armor and anticipate it. Once they blow their one chance win you can shut em' down with taunt. Their passive can be annoying so make sure you're making use of your amour - even if you're just using your hero ability to make it only deal 1 dmg.
Reply Quote
10/27/2013 02:03 PMPosted by ParkerLegit
What I've been successful at with the Hunters is forcing removal early on and dropping big baddies with taunt. Abomination has wiped their board a few times for me and I always just sit and laugh. If you see them holding cards be sure to use bite to gain armor and anticipate it. Once they blow their one chance win you can shut em' down with taunt. Their passive can be annoying so make sure you're making use of your amour - even if you're just using your hero ability to make it only deal 1 dmg.

^ armor up, I play a control/spell druid with almost no taunts kept the board clear and just used hero spell to armor up and stayed up with 25 and 1 armor reducing his steady shot and he blitzed at turn 6 too early and only got me down to 10, swipe cleared em all out with spell power minions and healing touched back up to in two turns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]