nerf unleash the hounds

Give it only charge to beasts not the extra damage pathetic players playing crap units later in the game use unleash and win only cause they had 3-5 small bull!@#$ units out %^-* you blizzard fix your crap game like you should with diablo 3.
Reply Quote
"Crap units" is a rather ignorant way to look at the game. A unit is as good or as bad as the way it can be put to use. If it is effective in a combo - even a very specific one - then it is not a "crap card".
Reply Quote
Nice posts OP. 20 pieces of QQ, rage, bad english and generally, using your favourite noun - crap. Keep up good feedback!
Reply Quote
His point was right on the money though. Unleash is totally OP for 1 cost.
Reply Quote
10/27/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Trulain

I agree, need other strategies to win games other than save up and play everything in one turn.
Reply Quote
10/27/2013 04:35 PMPosted by CopperBack

I agree, need other strategies to win games other than save up and play everything in one turn.

I have a hunter swarm deck and it doesn't even have one unleash the hounds card, nor have I used it once and my deck still does very well.There are other strategies other than the unleash the beast strategy for the hunter, not to mention that if it gets to the point where the hunter can use unleash the beast swarm and finish it you could have stopped them. If they didn't play any minions they would be at a massive disadvantage.

My hunter deck I call Beastmaster because I try to get massive swarms of beasts on the board and buff them up with houndmasters and timber wolves and maybe even Leokk. This doesn't involve Unleash the Hounds in any way... I don't even have it in my deck. This deck still works and wins a lot of games. So there are plenty of hunter strategies.

By the description of Unleash the Beasts I just think the mana cost should be moved up to 2 or 3. We don't need to nerf it.
Reply Quote
UtH would be fine at 2 mana cost imo. But right now it is a bit frustrating.
Reply Quote
10/27/2013 11:44 AMPosted by DoGGy
Give it only charge to beasts not the extra damage pathetic players playing crap units later in the game use unleash and win only cause they had 3-5 small bull!@#$ units out %^-* you blizzard fix your crap game like you should with diablo 3.
Diddn't i fight you before whit my hunter deck? :P Anyways its not that op because if your using a deck like this you will run out of cards really fast because hunters already have low card draw + when the card draw bird card dies it can be his own end...
Reply Quote
I just found the combo "UtH" + "Core Hound" in my last game.

Whoa just whoa ...

An absolute finisher ... This is really strong !

Wonder how to be prepared to always counter this ! It can be put twice in a single game ...

Shivers ...

Well, after all, it is just equivalent to pyroblast ... Not a big deal i guest ...
Edited by Nooni on 10/28/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To be fair a good hunter only needs to use it once, but if they nerf UTH then they need to buff something else to make hunters viable without it.
Reply Quote
I cant belive we seriously have 7 threads about the subject, what a moronic and expected twist.
Reply Quote
Yep. I got onto this forum for one reason and one reason only, this card. I normally am too lazy to post feedback about a game but currently this card is game-breaking. I was fighting (and had 25 hp remaining) a hunter who had no minions left and 3 cards in his hand with 8 mana crystals.

He played Starving Bird (2 mana)
3-4 beast cards (4 mana)
Tracking to find Release the Hounds (1 mana)
Release the hounds (1 mana)

Suddenly, he has ~22 charge damage, and even though I cast Flamestrike next turn to kill them all but it doesn't matter as his hunter ability dealt 2 damage to me to finish off my remaining 2 hp.

This tactic is completely and totally unbalanced, and its root is primarily this card. Its mana cost needs to be increased or it needs to lose charge, or lose +1. ESPECIALLY since the +1 is permanent and not even until end of turn. What's up with that????

Anyways, there you go :) A huge game-breaking card :P Good thing we're still in beta!
Reply Quote
@Silarea:

The UtH deck has only one purpose: to kill the very popular mage control deck.

If you play mage control, expect to get killed by this deck.

Working as intended...

11/03/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Silarea
Its mana cost needs to be increased or it needs to lose charge, or lose +1. ESPECIALLY since the +1 is permanent and not even until end of turn. What's up with that????

Or players must accept that their shiny imbalanced control deck has a nemesis...
What's up with THAT????

P.S.: Control mage counters my current deck... Do I go to the mage forum to cry a river?
Reply Quote
@Dolador:

Why do you hate the hunters that much? Do you think they are that strong as the mages/priests/paladins? What class do you play? Can you beat a hunter? Did you try to play with the hunter class?

Most of us accept that +1 mana for the card's cost is an OK nerf/balance, it means +1 turn for the opponent to react/win.

But you are everywhere writing capitals to nerf the hunter's only viable spec... If you ever tried this class you would know that hunters need buff, not nerf ( not talking about the UtH itself but overall...)

May the COIN be with You!
Reply Quote
It does not need a nerf. Hunters are very predicable and can be countered easily. Most people keep forgetting that it has a lot to do with RNG. That is a huge factor.
Reply Quote
Yep. I got onto this forum for one reason and one reason only, this card. I normally am too lazy to post feedback about a game but currently this card is game-breaking. I was fighting (and had 25 hp remaining) a hunter who had no minions left and 3 cards in his hand with 8 mana crystals.

3-4 beast cards (4 mana)

Suddenly, he has ~22 charge damage, and even though I cast Flamestrike next turn to kill them all but it doesn't matter as his hunter ability dealt 2 damage to me to finish off my remaining 2 hp.

This tactic is completely and totally unbalanced, and its root is primarily this card. Its mana cost needs to be increased or it needs to lose charge, or lose +1. ESPECIALLY since the +1 is permanent and not even until end of turn. What's up with that????

Anyways, there you go :) A huge game-breaking card :P Good thing we're still in beta!

You must have nothing to do with life, making such archeological digging in search of threads like this, and then revealing them to the world back again for no logical reason.
Combo is fine, just deal with it. Noone have problem beating uth, and it almost doesn't exist in high-level games anyway.
Reply Quote
a hunter who had no minions left and 3 cards in his hand with 8 mana crystals.

3-4 beast cards (4 mana)

To make sure I understand, he knocked off a litte of your life over 7 turns, hit you hard on turn 8, then dealt fatal on turn 9? Would you be nearly as upset if any other class just slowly and steadily chipped away at your life until killing you on turn 9? I'm willing to bet that the only reason you're so inflamed about your loss is because up until that point you actually thought you were winning, and it shocked your pants off when the tables turned.

Thing is, you were never winning. Based on the cards you just listed off, the guy you were playing against was running the typical OTK Hunter deck. He didn't land lucky draws based on one overpowered card. Instead, his ENTIRE deck was built around doing exactly what it did: play next to nothing but counters to your board presence early game, then hit hard late game.

Had you known how the deck was meant to function from the beginning, you would have known you were on a time table to kill him. That, or you would have played a few secrets to hold him off (since he was apparently playing a lot more cards than normal early game and probably wasn't holding onto a Flare) and ultimately shut his combo down. Either way it would have been an uphill battle for you, though. There are a handful of decks that can counter the OTK Hunter deck. Mage is definitely not one of them.

Still, my point stands: it isn't shocking to win by turn 9. You were just shocked that he did it all at once. It probably seemed to you that he just managed to luck into a great combo, when the truth is that's what he was going for the whole time.
Reply Quote
Ok Seriously you people and your rage and ignorance...You say Unleash the hounds is op. This spell effects only the weakest minions in the game. The fact they can be spammed out then play unleash the hounds is not a flaw of the card it self, but infact smart deck design and poor sportsmanship on your part. Most real players when they face something that defeats them trying to come up with a way to beat this. Cry babies on the other hand seem to think they are beyond losing to a well made deck and cry for a nerf...Here is an idea...Unistall and sell your account because HUNTERS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO THIS. In fact you think this one is bad. Talk to a rogue or Warrior players. They can do the same and you have nothing you can do about it but cry....
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 12:47 AMPosted by TheChiv
Ok Seriously you people and your rage and ignorance...You say Unleash the hounds is op. This spell effects only the weakest minions in the game. The fact they can be spammed out then play unleash the hounds is not a flaw of the card it self, but infact smart deck design and poor sportsmanship on your part. Most real players when they face something that defeats them trying to come up with a way to beat this. Cry babies on the other hand seem to think they are beyond losing to a well made deck and cry for a nerf...Here is an idea...Unistall and sell your account because HUNTERS ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO THIS. In fact you think this one is bad. Talk to a rogue or Warrior players. They can do the same and you have nothing you can do about it but cry....

YEP. Warriors can hit you with 38 in one turn (with nothing on the board at the beginning of the turn, just like OTK Hunter), AND they're left with two 8/8 minions on board when the turn ends, that can't be totally wiped out by a single AOE spell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]