Druid so bad...

Weird un-synergistic kit, I always kill Druids so easily on my main its laughable, getting these 2 wins for the quest is a pain...
Reply Quote
Naturalize x 1
Wrath x 2
Acidic swamp ooze x 1
Faerie Dragon x 2
Big Game Hunter x 1
Scarlet Crusader x 2
Bite x 2
Swipe x 2
Chillwind Yeti x 2
Keeper of Grove x 2
Twilight Drake x 2
Nourish x 1
Starfall x 2
Druid of the Claw x 2
Starfire x 2
Ancient of Lore x 1
Ancient of War x 1
Ysera x 1
Ragnaros x 1

or similar variations are one of the best decks in the game at the moment, as mentioned in my other posts only classes that can come close are hunter rush and warlock rush.
Reply Quote
In my opinion this game reminds me a ton of magic the way it flows and the strategy in winning. Yugioh you could YOLO win any game anyday. Magic and this game honestly runs a lot on luck, opening hand, going 1st or second, etc.

Almost every game as druid if I go second I win. Mana drop a drake on turn 3 or mana drop an ancient with taunt.

In my honest opinion every class is good and has its chance in a tourney.

But also in my opinion this game should be played best out of 4 in my opinion in tourneys also, and I am sure you will find a lot agree with me and I can almost say 100% blizzard will do best out of 4 rounds rotating 1st 2nd 1st 2nd
Reply Quote
I agree with you OP. I always struggle with Druid and Warrior. I think it has something to do with their Hero Powers not synergizing with with many cards compared to other Heros.
Reply Quote
I agree with John on this one. There is plenty of synergy is this deck. Innervate and wild growth, along with cards like nourish, played early in game creates a huge advantage. The druid class ability at 1/1 provides great control of the board early game as well. Druid has some powerful AOE and amazing self heals.

Now I don't use the deck the listed above , I use a different approach. However, the deck I've built consists of no legendary cards at all and I prefer it to pretty much everything else. It's just a slower way of playing.
Reply Quote
Ancient of Lore x 1
Ancient of War x 1
Ysera x 1
Ragnaros x 1

Put rares and epics. Still get stomped by Mage.
I could put Ysera and Ragnaros into any pile of random cards and call it a deck. Lawl.
Reply Quote
Ancient of Lore x 1
Ancient of War x 1
Ysera x 1
Ragnaros x 1

Put rares and epics. Still get stomped by Mage.
I could put Ysera and Ragnaros into any pile of random cards and call it a deck. Lawl.

He's running a late-game focused Control deck with those cards, a perfectly viable deck build.

Scoffing at someone, especially John who is working hard on testing Control Druid, for having legendaries and epics puts off a very strong vibe of envy.
Reply Quote
John's Deck with Ysera works if it gets to late game. But in the higher tiers I'm finding it's all rush/aggro decks.

Pretty much

Loot Horder
Novice Engineer
cleric
Dark Dwarf
Yeti

Fill in a few class spells..........
Reply Quote
John's Deck with Ysera works if it gets to late game. But in the higher tiers I'm finding it's all rush/aggro decks.

Pretty much

Loot Horder
Novice Engineer
cleric
Dark Dwarf
Yeti

Fill in a few class spells..........

I've been noticing this disturbing trend as well, is there anything more boring than running 2x engineers and loot hoarders?
Reply Quote
He's running a late-game focused Control deck with those cards, a perfectly viable deck build.

Scoffing at someone, especially John who is working hard on testing Control Druid, for having legendaries and epics puts off a very strong vibe of envy.

Every single deck with Ysera and Ragnaros is viable as late-game control. Throw there some Cenarius if you will. It's perfectly viable trade, often 1 for 2 if not more. What separates good players from common folks is ability to win without throwing into deck 2 legends and bunch of rares.
I don't care who he is, and it's not envy. It's Hate.
Reply Quote
OP is sooooo wrong. Druid is decks require more forethought and strategy but if done well will play great.

Went from Bronze to Silver 3 star in 10 games with 9 wins using a Druid Deck and they were the first 10 games I had ever played in ranked.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
People have found viable lowbie decks. I actually think that druids are a good candidate for murloc zerg decks in particular at high-end.

My compilation of daily quest deck strategies:
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10195530639
Reply Quote

Every single deck with Ysera and Ragnaros is viable as late-game control. Throw there some Cenarius if you will. It's perfectly viable trade, often 1 for 2 if not more. What separates good players from common folks is ability to win without throwing into deck 2 legends and bunch of rares.
I don't care who he is, and it's not envy. It's Hate.

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. Are you saying it takes more skill to play an Unleash the hounds or warlock rush deck than a late game druid deck?

You obviously haven't played with these legendaries, any of the knowledgeable control Druid posters (Skaith, John, etc.) will tell you that late game decks are hardly OP or even dare I say top tier.

I don't know what game you've been playing recently, but in the current meta cheap agro decks are dominating the field. Late game control Druid with Rag and Ysera get's absolutely crapped on by the most popular tier 1 agro decks.

Just keep in mind that every time you rage because you lost to someone who drops a Ysera, that person rages just as hard every time he loses to a cheap agro deck.
Edited by Icarium on 10/29/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have to agree with Icarium. Ysera has never won me the game. I've only been able to play her, when I was going to win anyways. Most of the time, it's sheep/hex/naturalize/assassinate/executed/silenced the next turn. Either you have board control and don't need to play her, or you are losing and playing her doesn't help, but give you one dream card before they kill her.

And as far as our spells go. it's nothing to a novice engineer becoming 2/3 or even 4/3 with cleric + Dwarf and trades with your minions. Whilst also card drawing at the same time. I've made this deck with any hero when I need to complete a daily quest to a hero I don't have.

Just throw in the draw cards (loot horder/novice engineer/ the one that costs 4), then throw in cleric + dwarf + Yeti. Azure drake + agent Commander are always an auto include. Then find 4 to 5 class spells that help out with clearing minions. Maybe put a sheildmasta in for taunt.

A Control deck, DRUID CONTROL, is way expensive. Compared to Rogue/Priests, I can control the board soo much easier because spells are sooooo much cheaper. ANd that's the problem with Druid in my opinion. Our spells are expensive.

I also feel like we don't really have a distinct flavor when it comes to deck building.

Divine sheilds swarm decks I think paladin.
Rush card draw advantage decks I think Warlock
Enrage decks I think Warrior
Spell decks I think Mage
Control Decks Priests.
..etc

Druid's mana ramp spells set us apart, which was a great Idea, but with the speed of today's decks, you losing 2 cards on a risky innervate is just a big risk.

I propose that innervate add
Draw a card.

That way we actually have an auto include card and the druid would have it's unique feel (mana acceleration).
Reply Quote
Well said Skaith, I agree with everything you said.

What's sad about Druid right now is that our mana ramp build is completely out-shined by card cycling agro decks that require next to no decision making during gameplay.

As of right now, cycling or deck thinning minions combined with cleric's and dwarfs provide such blatant card advantage and early game pressure that Druid ramp can't keep up.
Reply Quote
Druid rush decks are pretty cheap to build and also fairly effective. I'm winning with one atm in masters 3 without issue.
Reply Quote
10/29/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Icarium
There's so much wrong with this post

and then
10/29/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Icarium
Late game control Druid with Rag and Ysera get's absolutely crapped on by the most popular tier 1 agro decks.

Nix quantity of excrement Sherlock!

If someone told you that late-game control deck gonna beat top tier aggro deck, he is more clueless than you. Also stating the obvious doesn't change anything. Still putting pile of random cards with Ysera and Ragnaros can be called viable late game deck, and still gonna be beaten by any Murlock-Warlock. Think, before you read, before you post.
Reply Quote
I just farmed 40 gold (12 wins) out of 12 games last night in masters with my druid control. I posted my deck in another thread last night, but having innervate being able to do more on one turn has really helped. Getting that minion + a swipe down changes the board into my favor. Then the opponent is forced to put minions down and counter. And we just keep laying on the spells and attacking with our minions that are already out there.

And I've actually had MORE success adding the Ancients back to my deck. I took them out prior because of MC and the removal. But I'm finding the faster decks are blowing removals on my Druid of the claws or Ancients of Lore.

And having a 5/10 down in an aggro cycle deck like Icarium was talking about is GG for you if they can't remove/silence it. I won 2 games vs your typical cycle deck because I played it, and he had a full board of Novice Engineers, Loot horders, Sunshine Clerics, and I had a few minions plus the 5/10 ancient of war. He conceded next round.

My rounds last night won vs your typical decks too. Hunter Rush Unleash the Hounds. Priest MC thoughtsteal/yeti cycle. Mage Cycle/Control. Paladin speed sheild decks........

Things I thought worked havn't really been that good in the past, like Bite, and the Marks. Too risky buffing a guy to have him silenced or removed etc... We are always looking for good trades.
Reply Quote
There's so much wrong with this post

and then
Late game control Druid with Rag and Ysera get's absolutely crapped on by the most popular tier 1 agro decks.

Nix quantity of excrement Sherlock!

If someone told you that late-game control deck gonna beat top tier aggro deck, he is more clueless than you. Also stating the obvious doesn't change anything. Still putting pile of random cards with Ysera and Ragnaros can be called viable late game deck, and still gonna be beaten by any Murlock-Warlock. Think, before you read, before you post.

News flash: certain decks have certain counters, more at 11.

I said late game control Druid get's crapped on by tier 1 aggro, how is that a "quantity of excrement"? If you're saying that I'm wrong then just say it, because you're making no sense at the moment. However if you say I'm wrong then you obviously haven't played a serious late game Druid deck.

Late game Druid control craps on tier 1 priest decks, is that more excrement or do you not even know what you're talking about?

Putting Rag And Ysera with "random cards" doesn't make it a viable late game deck. You just put in 2 viable late game cards with absolutely no synergy with the rest of the deck. I've been working on an actual late game Druid deck for weeks, you've just been spouting nonsense about high mana cost Legendaries.

I suggest you think before you post, because all I see is some guy raging because he doesn't want to spend a dime on a video game.
Edited by Icarium on 10/30/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]