Broken Traps Combos

The other day I played MISDIRECTION and FREEZING TRAP.

Misdirection triggered first and targeted an enemy, then freezing trap sent the creature to the players hand without doing any damage...and I was sitting there muttering wtf under my breath =)

Shouldn't a trap finish what it is doing before triggering other traps? That is all I am saying!
Reply Quote
That sounds like a bug, since the freezing trap should not have triggered as the hero was no longer the target. Should post this in the bugs forum.
Reply Quote
That is actually working as intended. The list of actions for the traps are:

Misdirection: Minions attacks hero -> MD applies -> attack another target.

Freezing: Minion attacks random -> Freeze applies before attack -> gets returned.

so with both is it: Minions attacks hero -> MD applies -> attack another target ->
Freeze applies before attack -> gets returned.
Reply Quote
Misdirection and Explosive trap function in the same way.

Minion attacks hero --> MD changes target --> Explosive trap damage goes out --> Minion attacks target if possible.

I've had the attacking minion die from the explosive trap and never attack the intended target, and also the MD target die before the attacking minion reaches it.

I still don't mind using them together since even if the minion that got MD'd never attacks whatever else, I still avoid the damage from the minion in the first place
Reply Quote
Oops, I stand corrected once again. I was under the impression that freezing trap only triggers when your hero is attacked.

This means that misdirection + freezing trap is an awful combination. Something to think about...

I have to say that other than explosive trap, which is incredible, I wasn't too fond of hunter's other traps anyway, even in a pure UTH deck. They just seem too random for me to be worth a card slot.
Reply Quote
Actually, when thinking about it again, I don't understand why freezing trap couldn't just trigger first as a possible solution. I think it will be better that way.

I still don't mind using them together since even if the minion that got MD'd never attacks whatever else, I still avoid the damage from the minion in the first place

That will be the equivalent of a useless card. When you play both traps and that happens, it is as if you put one card in your deck that costs 2 mana and does nothing.

Do I really need to say that from a high level play perspective, this is horrendous?
Edited by shoopi on 10/27/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]