Gorehowl Question

I dont play warrior that much so I have no idea but; a player used Gorehowl with Upgrade! against me making it a 8 attack 2 durability weapon and attacked and it went down to 7-2 and the match ended soon after. My question is once it went past down 1 attack would it go back to being a 7 attack 1 durability Gorehowl because of Upgrade?
Reply Quote
That is a good question. I don't think I've ever seen a Gorehowl hit zero. Most warriors will either replace the weapon or the game is just over by then.

I doubt the weapon simply "Resets", it's attack once it hits zero. If Gorehowl gets a Durability above 1, all that means is that if you crack the enemy player over the head with it, the attack doesn't go down and the weapon doesn't break.
Reply Quote
If the warrior attacked a minion instead of your character then no the durability will not go down. Gorehowl has a strange mechanic in that when it is used to attack a minion it will lose 1 attack instead of losing 1 durability. Now if the warrior did use Gorehowl to attack your actual character then yes it should have lost a durability, meaning this is a bug.
Reply Quote
From what I've seen the attack goes down not the durability regardless if you're attacking a minion or the hero, but in this case he used it against the hero.

Blizz halp.
Reply Quote
If you attack a hero it losses a durability, if you attack a minion with it you lose an attack.

I think what OP asks is that, if it is on 8/2 and you hit 8 minions effectively making it 0/2 does it stay 0/2 or does it reset to being a 7/1

To note I expect whatever happens with a 7/1 that turns 0/1 is the same that happens to a 8/2 hitting 0/2
Edited by Solitude on 10/30/2013 2:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My assumption is that it would break. The chances of seeing this happen are pretty slim since it is such a late game card. The lowest I think I've seen mine reach is 4, maybe 3.
Reply Quote
Well, seeing as I've used Gorehowl all the way to 1, I can confirm that after hitting a minion with it, it becomes a 0/1 weapon. It doesn't break because it still has durability.

I have to assume that if someone went all the way from 8/2 to 0/2, it'd still just be a 0 attack weapon with 2 durability.
Reply Quote
I can also confirm that it simply becomes a 0/1 weapon. You can still see it on the warrior, and it doesn't disappear, but you can't attack with it anymore.
Reply Quote
I just did Gorehowl - upgrade and it was a huge disappoint

It becames a normal weapon, dunno why. So it goes:

8/2 -> 8/1 -> breaks.

That's something requiring fixes
Reply Quote
No, it's WORKING AS INTENDED.

YOU HIT THE ENEMY HERO WITH IT.

03/05/2014 08:29 AMPosted by HappySlayer
I tried this combo. I know this only adds insult to inury, but as it is now, it's more of a debuff.

it becames 8/2

hit

it becames 8/1

hit

It breakes!

I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but the logical thing should be keeping his power functional, like:

8/2 -> 8/1 -> 7/1 -> 6/1 -> ....

As it is now it's auto-damaging

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11913321979

03/05/2014 10:00 AMPosted by Elendil
Attacking the hero always costs durability with Gorehowl.

To quote the card:
Attacking an enemy minion costs attack instead of durability

Read the card and don't necro old threads.
Edited by Elendil on 3/5/2014 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 08:19 AMPosted by HappySlayer
I just did Gorehowl - upgrade and it was a huge disappoint

It becames a normal weapon, dunno why. So it goes:

8/2 -> 8/1 -> breaks.

That's something requiring fixes

I assume this is failure to RTFC, unless you post a screenshot of yourself attacking a minion and losing durability.
Reply Quote
10/29/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Brobob
My question is once it went past down 1 attack would it go back to being a 7 attack 1 durability Gorehowl because of Upgrade?

10/30/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Solitude
To note I expect whatever happens with a 7/1 that turns 0/1 is the same that happens to a 8/2 hitting 0/2

I just wondered the same thing and then came here. It obviously breaks.

But.... The experimental method would remove all doubt. Anybody want to waste time feel free to friend me. We can both set up a deck of all 1 mana costing minions and 2 gorehowls w/upgrade.
I'll post the results here afterward.
Reply Quote
The Gorehowl would remain equipped to you with 0 attack regardless of durability. You would not be able to attack with it, as it has no attack value.

You may consult Hearthstone Mythbusters ep 5 (posted today) on youtube if you don't believe me, it covers something similar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]