Issue - No Tutorial - Reproduction Explained 'click to start'

I had the same issues as others and went and deleted my CACHE files located at...

drive / users/ user name / appdata / local / blizzard

also

drive / users/ user name / appdata / local / battle.net

This applies to windows 7 users..
I am able to restart the tutorial process.

Hope this helps people out

Followed these steps and was actually able to get into Illidan and win. I am finally out of the tutorial now but unable to play "Play". But I am able to use Practice.
Reply Quote
"waste of time"...

So, this is your first beta, then?

i've been in wow beta, aion beta, rift beta, warframe beta, dota 2 beta, and etc. i haven't run into a game beta where a mass number of players can't even get past the title screen.
Reply Quote
I had the same issues as others and went and deleted my CACHE files located at...

also

OMFG YOU ROCK!!! worked for me :)
Reply Quote
I tried this and it worked for me

Under Options, select Game Settings and next to Hearthstone, click the Reset User Options button.

Relaunched game.

This worked for me.
Reply Quote
i've been in wow beta, aion beta, rift beta, warframe beta, dota 2 beta, and etc. i haven't run into a game beta where a mass number of players can't even get past the title screen.

You're missing the entire point of a beta test then.
Reply Quote
fixed for me now without trying any tricks
Reply Quote
10/30/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Borf

You're missing the entire point of a beta test then.

That argument would have more ground if the beta hadn't been out for 3 months already.
Reply Quote
I tried this and it worked for me

Under Options, select Game Settings and next to Hearthstone, click the Reset User Options button.

Relaunched game.

WORKS FINE!!!!!! THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Reply Quote

also

Can anyone verify that this is safe before I try it?

Confirmed fix. It's fairly safe to delete cache's i guess. It will just re-download the next time you open it.

Edit: After you complete the tutorial, you may have problems with playing practice mode. I restored the Cache files and it works now.
Edited by blackhawk on 10/30/2013 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Got my key 10-29 NA region, installed on both OS Windows 8 and Windows XP. Opened the game, got stuck on the start game screen after I clicked start game. Went to credits and came back seemed to fix the problem until I tried to play, was told I needed to unlock my heroes before I could play. Never saw anything for any tutorial and can't access anything like it. Tried logging in on my Mac and it put me straight though to the tutorial. I was able to finish that. Tried to log in on my machine with Windows XP had 0 issues after that. Thanks to my Mac I was able to fix this problem. good luck to everyone else who doesn't have another computer or a Mac to try this on.
Reply Quote
I'm getting this issue as well.

Windows 7 64-bit
Region NA
Reply Quote
Crash on your first game? I didn't even get that far. First load into the game and it was broken. Managed to get into the game selection screen by clicking on credits but I cant do anything because I have no heroes.
Reply Quote
I managed to get into the game and start the tutorial. Just caught, and exits the game.

When trying to enter again, a message appeared saying: CLOSED. And asked to try to get into the game soon.

It also appeared that for you?
Reply Quote
I was playing the third tutorial and used an arcane explosion card. I dragged the card from my hand to my battlefield, and then could no longer interact with the interface. Couldn't end turn, target creatures / players, play cards, or open the menu -- mouse would still move and any time I clicked would cause the little dust-up animation but not complete any task. I restarted the client and now cannot get past the "Click to start" screen; clicking will cause the message to disappear but the menu doesn't pop up, only the background is visible.

Addendum: I can use the credits trick to access the main menu, but can't do anything without heroes.
Edited by SChiZm on 10/30/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
got to play for a second :/ can you reset it 4 me? plz :3
Reply Quote
same issue for close to 24 hours now
Reply Quote
servers off?
Reply Quote
I've had Issues since i got my key yesterday.

I was able to get in and play 1 game but was unable to end my turn
next try i got the sprite error, 3rd try and ongoing i constantly couldn't get past the click to start screen.

Today i have uninstalled/re-installed

When loading the game i go straight to options (don't click to start first) turn off full screen wait 5 secs then turn it back on.
This was a suggestion in another post and it seems to work for me

I was able to play and finish the first 2 rounds

at the 3rd round and each round after once defeating the round and selecting the next round the game essentially freezes. Though does not crash and everything is still operating normally though no game will begin.

If i quit out and redo the above process I am able to then complete the next mission and it happens again. Rinse and repeat.

I'm up to the 5th mission now and haven't lost any progress using the above method (quitting out --> restarting --> options --> deselect full screen mode --> wait 5 secs --> re-select full screen mode --> click start and it enters into the next game.

I have only uninstalled the once
Reply Quote
Same here, did the first tutorial mission then the game stopped working.
Reply Quote
Windows 7
NA
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]