Playful sprites potential fix

I posted this on the EU servers yesterday, and got pretty good responses.

I found a potential fix to the playful sprites issue lots of people are having. Simply change the graphics from medium to low- or high to medium. If that doesn't work, put it in windows mode then switch it back.

Many people have agreed that this was a solution to their problem, and I hope it works for you as well!

Thanks for viewing!
Reply Quote
I have another fix which worked for me: Switch server to asia and back.

edit: To switch server: Log out of the battle.net app and relog to asia. If you use authenticator you will be forcred to use it.

Start the game one time! Quit it and switch back to your main server.

I start playing with "play" to test it. Don't use the "practice" as your test it failed for me.

Try it again if it doesn't work on first try! It really worked for me after more than 24 hours "playful sprites..."!
Edited by Calmon on 11/5/2013 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
awesome, good to know!
Reply Quote
How do I change the server ?

And nope, the graphic change or window mode didn't work for me.
Reply Quote
ow do I change the server ?
Reply Quote
Doesn't work.
Ty for trying
Reply Quote
I've been having this problem for hours now and I switched to Asia, started the game, quit again, switched back to Europe, started the game again, switched the graphics from high to medium and back to high again... And then it worked for the first time again all day!

I have no idea which of the 2 solved it, but thanks a lot for suggesting!
Reply Quote
Wow !!! Changing the graphics worked for me, thanks a lot
Reply Quote
Did both at once. worked for me

EDIT: I changed the game from windowed to Fullscreen 3 times (multiple clicks on windowed) and changed the graphix from normal to High.

Hope that helps others!
Edited by UlfMitHand on 11/4/2013 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
None of those worked for.

Dear Blizzard,

Give me my hard earned money back that I have spent on your sorry excuse for a beta.

-Signed
Bamx
Reply Quote
How do I change servers?
Reply Quote
none of those solutions work.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Drstein
How do I change servers?

Make sure you don’t have “Keep me logged in” ticked in the battlenet login app. Assuming you don’t, there is a drop down list of the servers where you can change from one to the other (there’s a little icon of a globe next to it).

Just to add: I've tried all of these solutions before on several occasions and they didn't work. BUT, have tried again (using a combo of steps similar to that explained by Seryan above) and I got in, first time since Friday. No idea how long it will last, but thanks to OgCG, Seryan and everyone who has tried to find a work around.
Edited by Alejess on 11/4/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've been having this problem for hours now and I switched to Asia, started the game, quit again, switched back to Europe, started the game again, switched the graphics from high to medium and back to high again... And then it worked for the first time again all day!

I have no idea which of the 2 solved it, but thanks a lot for suggesting!

Thanks alot, this actually worked for me, i've had playful sprites for 3 days by the way if anyone is wondering.
Reply Quote
It's tied to the account.

Uninstall and reinstalling and setting adjustments makes no difference.

I have a surface pro and a desktop and the surface pro does the same thing.

It's not internet connection based either.

This is a problem with their servers.
Reply Quote
11/04/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Alejess
How do I change servers?

Make sure you don’t have “Keep me logged in” ticked in the battlenet login app. Assuming you don’t, there is a drop down list of the servers where you can change from one to the other (there’s a little icon of a globe next to it).

Just to add: I've tried all of these solutions before on several occasions and they didn't work. BUT, have tried again (using a combo of steps similar to that explained by Seryan above) and I got in, first time since Friday. No idea how long it will last, but thanks to OgCG, Seryan and everyone who has tried to find a work around.

Thanks for your instructions, buddy.

Tried all the potential solutions, didn't work for me.

Nice job, Blizz.
Reply Quote
5 days of this crap. it being a beta is no excuse. if you are going to run a beta we have to be able to actually play the damn game to test it. 5 days of "we aware of the issue" congrats you are aware of it. Not a single word of a fix or anything else from you.
Reply Quote
No joy here either.
Reply Quote
(Long version is first, summary is at the bottom)

Its Beta !

Beta is for finding bugs, cateloging them, prioritizing them and then working on solutions to the most critical first and so on down the line until you get to trivial things like "the color is slightly off when I close one eye" (lol)

I installed the game a couple days ago. Install went great.

I logged in and played the tutorial matches. Those were great fun (I especially liked the match against Manastorm ... I remember him well from my days in outland ... comical !)

I played a couple game against the AI. Also fun, gameplay was smooth and the ambiance was jovial. Very nice.

I played a few games against players as well and they were fun, even though I lost all but one match. The other players seemed to have much better cards than I did. Especially that mage ! Phew ! I don't mind paying my dues and learning as I go. No worries !

COMMON ELEMENT :: I Got disconnected in probably my 5th match or so. No timeout rope, just seemed hung up. So I exited the game (alt-f4) and started over ...

Ever since then I cannot play games against the AI or players. I ALWAYS get the "Playful Sprites" error.

I have the same log entries as others have seen with this problem.

I have tried all the "Hocus Pocus" ... "I turned off the lights in my room and then turned them back on" type actions to try to play again (no, i didn't turn the lights on and off, I'm teasing!!), but nothing I've seen posted on these forums has helped.

My PC is pretty much brand new. Windows 7 Professional (64 bit O/S) Dell XPS 8700. 16GB Ram. i7 CPU. Pretty nice nVidia card (gtx 560 ti), From my reading online I've see a LOT of people with 64 bit Windows 7 machines run into these nasty sprites ! ! Dirty little devils !!

I hope I can play again soon ! ! Until then ... patiently waiting for a fix.

Good luck ! ! !

[TL;DR] version below :

I think the game is a blast. Its in Beta so issues are inevitable and patience is required. I hope it gets fixed soon. I think it may be related to 64 bit Windows 7 (?) boxes that get disconnected in the middle of a match (?)

PS ! All typoes are intentional to see if yuo are paying close attention !!
Reply Quote
So these aren't working for me in any sort of combination or server hammering. It seriously looks like an account issue - cannot connect to the battle.net verification for opponent search... *I've had this problem for 3 days*

http://cdn.meme.li/i/pfioo.jpg
Edited by Falreign on 11/4/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]