"beat hunter with board clear and early dmg"

This is great, until you remember you don't choose your deck after you see you're fighting a hunter.

I can't gear all my decks toward hunter because then I run into a not hunter and i'm left with some aoe crap that just wastes mana more or less.

Really there's just too many buffs for too little mana.
Edited by Whist on 11/1/2013 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Whist:

This is called rock-paper-scissors, or in TCGs "The meta".

If you loose against one type of deck, but you win against the others means that deck - now the hunter - counters you. E.g.: I can beat this hunter with my deck along with mages and paladins, but I lost 80% of my games against priests (and I don't want to talk about the priest OPness or the like).

I could tweak my deck more against the priest but doing so I would be less effective playing against mages and paladins. I accept this "weakness" of my deck.

I think there is no point to run jack-of-all-trades decks, it's much more effective if you build your deck against some kind of playstyle (eg. control or swarm) and stick to it. But you can still put cards in your deck to get some chance. Like taunts, abominations and Mana Wraiths. I could do the same.... But I don't want.

PS: if I find more priests out there I will gear more against them. I try to find the deck what wins the MOST games, not the deck that wins against ONE class.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply Quote
Hunters and priests are pretty much auto wins right now if you're running a creature deck. The only counter to a hunter deck is to out rush them, the only counter to a priest deck is SP rogue or SP mage. So basically just auto-concede against the two uncounterable decks and plan to play against the other 7 classes right now.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 09:28 AMPosted by geeca
Hunters and priests are pretty much auto wins right now if you're running a creature deck. The only counter to a hunter deck is to out rush them, the only counter to a priest deck is SP rogue or SP mage. So basically just auto-concede against the two uncounterable decks and plan to play against the other 7 classes right now.

Now aren't you a sunshine?
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 12:24 AMPosted by Whist
This is great, until you remember you don't choose your deck after you see you're fighting a hunter.

People use the same flawed reasonning for every balance discussion.

Priest isn't that hard, just fill up your deck with 4 attacks creatures and it makes their job way harder!

I want to punch people everything I read stuff like that.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Sharpshooter

Now aren't you a sunshine?

Couldn't have said it better. You forgot self-defeatist and glib, though.
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 02:01 AMPosted by blood

Priest isn't that hard, just fill up your deck with 4 attacks creatures and it makes their job way harder!

You act like decks that run tons of minions with 4 attack can't beat anyone else in the meantime. That's simply not true. I've been seeing tons of them recently.

This is how you adjust for the meta, people. If you don't like tweaking (or all out trading out) your decks to deal with the best decks out there, then you should probably go play another game.
Reply Quote
11/08/2013 02:01 AMPosted by blood

Wait, you mean there are decks OTHER than priest?

I've seriously considered making a deck of nothing but 4 attack creatures and removal because I hate priests so much. It'd probably be worthless against everything else, but just ugh. They have so many "!@#$ you, I win" buttons it's unreal. I just want to concede instantly whenever I see one. Ugh.
Reply Quote
priest isnt an autowin by any means, ive had plenty of losses on my priest deck with just not drawing the cards i need, or well placed spells. people think a priest deck is so broken but it really isnt, i mean sure ive pulled some dumb combos like a turn 7 32/32, but thats once, out of all the times ive played the deck. hunters however, i always lose to. its very difficult to just answer some threats they have, like 3 mana for a 4/4T, 4/2C, or 2/4 buffer. 0 mana threat neutralizer? AND really cheap creatures that buff each other? its silly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]