Master Shaman Control - Top 3 N-ESL Cup Deck

Im using that deck card for card and am on a 7 win streak...Even in the current meta its a good deck. ysera and hogger are musts
Reply Quote
It's a nice deck and I agree with a lot of the ideas behind it such as spells for removal and then go in heavy with some good late game. I personally go with Al akir I think he is still highly underestimated when you compare him to cards such as leeroy which most people seem to praise for its high damage charge, I feel like Al Akir is this but with so much more potential. 1 rock biter with alakir is 12 damage at their face, if there is a totem already out or you happen to even have both of your rock biters that could be 18+ damage instantly.
Reply Quote
having issues with a similar build vs Warlock and Druid control :/
Reply Quote
11/03/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Hydrium
Recently played in the N-ESL Beta Cup and placed in the Top 3 with this list.

Also took me to Masters quite easily.

Matches:
Round 1: Midrange Mage (Won 2-0)
Round 2: Paladin Control (Won) he then switched to Aggro Warrior (Won)
Round 3: Aggro Lock (Lost 1-2) this round I failed to draw any of my removal in game 2 and game 3 I got blown out by an infernal + double demonfire as his last 3 cards.
Round 4: UTH Hunter (Won 2-0)

The list:

2 Earth Shock
2 Forked Lightning
2 Lightning Bolt
1 Bloodmage Thalnos
1 Flametongue Totem
2 Feral Spirit
2 Hex
2 Lava Burst
2 Lightning Storm
2 Mana Tide Totem
2 Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1 Doomhammer
2 Azure Drake
2 Earth Elemental
1 Faceless Manipulator
2 Fire Elemental
1 Hogger
1 Ysera

The general idea is against almost every deck you want to aggressively mulligan into removal and taunters. Get in damage where you can but removal of their threats remains the highest of priorities even if it means trading creatures. Obviously every situation is different however mages are a special issue. You want a mix of threat and removal or their spells go to your face, all other classes for the most part you are fine with an all removal starting hand...it's even preferred.

I'll answer any questions you may have.

Kind sir, I just came here to say thank you for the beautiful deck list. I just opened several packs and crafted all the rare cards on the list (I'm yet to obtain the epic and above cards), and I'm really having fun with control-style shaman right now. I tried ranked game and most of my opponents just conceded half game lol!
Reply Quote
Is this deck updated?
Reply Quote
Was wondering if this deck is up to date aswell
Reply Quote
I like this deck. Even without the legends it still runs great.
Reply Quote
Thx Hydrium, decent decklist.

Now there is quite a demand for shaman decks, which include less legendaries - i have been unable to pull them out of my boosters and i am not willing to disenchant everything else for 2 cards, so i probably know best :) i ll bite here and post two of the shaman decks, that i played recently, note that i also have a thread on the german blizz HS forums (thus my limited english skills) which i tend to keep up to date.

Deck #1 took me to rank 5 during the previous season, where i had 2 or 3 chances to grab rank 4 but somehow i just didnt make it. Thats EU servers, mind you, and the deck might not be strong enough to pass below rank 5 through all the enemy legendaries (or i am not the player who can take it there):

1 - earthshock
1 - forked lightning
1 - lightning bolt (2x)
1 - rockbiter weapon (2x)
2 - stormforged axe
2 - bloodmage thalnos (*)
2 - flametongue totem
3 - feral spirit (2x)
3 - hex (2x)
3 - lava burst (2x)
3 - lightning storm (2x)
3 - big game hunter
3 - mana tide totem
3 - unbound elemental (2x)
4 - windspeaker
5 - faceless manipulator
5 - doomhammer
5 - azure drake (2x)
5 - earth elemental
5 - gadgetzan auctioneer
6 - fire elemental (2x)

Its not the cheapest deck ever for beginners, but you can make do without legendaries - even the bloodmage could be replaced with a kobold and it wouldnt change all that much. I ll not translate from my german posting, unless you come up with questions.

Deck #2 i am currently playing in the running season, with mixed success. Rank 10 at the moment. It may not look like, but i started out with Hydriums decklist for this one (no weapons...), and then made it fit to my lack of legendaries plus personal needs (e.g. having a hard time vs hunters or WL rushdecks, hence the additional taunters / healers):

1 - earthshock (2x)
1 - forked lightning
1 - lightning bolt (2x)
1 - rockbiter weapon (2x)
2 - bloodmage thalnos (*)
2 - flametongue totem
2 - wild pyromancer
3 - feral spirit
3 - hex (2x)
3 - lava burst (2x)
3 - lightning storm (2x)
3 - earthen ring farseer (2x)
3 - mana tide totem
3 - unbound elemental
4 - senjin shieldmaster (2x)
4 - windspeaker
5 - azure drake (2x)
5 - earth elemental
5 - faceless manipulator
6 - fire elemental (2x)

If you have any suggestions or questions, just go ahead i ll have a look in here from time to time :) In case you run these decks successfully or even if not, let us know.

peace, love, happyness

error37
Reply Quote
It is a deck with 2 legendairies so it should do well.

Looking at hogger for my shaman swarm deck. Need tons of dust for it though...

I see the point of earth shock vs owl. If your going minion heavy do owl if your going elementalist heavy and have +spell damage do earth shock. Earth shock is awsome vs those pesky 1-2 hp minions with some annoying ability or divine shield. It is a viable option but comes down to preference.

I dont see the reason for feral spirits + senjin + earth elemental. You should be able to suvive 1 turn with out a taunter between feral and EE. Feral spirits is 1 of the best taunts. You get 2 for 1 cards, they are strong enough to not be ignored but weak enough to avoid most debuff/destroys.

What would you use if you didnt have epic/legendary since that is the boat im in?

Good deck you have. There are many viable options in this game that its not just 1 set up stomps all. If it was me I would have a bit more 0-2 drop minions for early board control.
Reply Quote
Hey there Hydrium,

Not sure if you're still reading this but if so I want to thank you for that amazing deck!
I had some dust from a golden nozdormu so I just went ahead to craft the epics and rares needed and never looked back.

Before I tried this deck out, I was doing some sort of midrange/aggro shaman play with bloodlust and windfury combos for the lulz. It was also fun but much less consistent.
As the lucky bastard I am, the day after crafting the epics and rares I got Ysera from a pack and it was love at first sight. Such an amazing card, that makes everything about this deck even better. Though it can be tricky to get her out when overloaded.
It's just so very satisfying to let your opponent drop all their stuff and just remove it with the blink of an eye. Then you start getting your big guys, increasing in strength out and watch them burn all their removal until they REALLY big boys enter the field. Then it's just watching them desperately try to get back control, while you bathe in cards and punch in their faces. Awesome experience and at least for me much more fun than aggro or midrange playstyle.
I even had a fight against a legendary Pala deck (he had Tirion, Sylvanas, Ragnaros and I think Gruul) who used all those cards + 2 times equality and consecration as well as a BGH against my earth ele and still lost. It was an awesome battle though and pretty close!

However I still find myself getting too comfortable once I got board control and playing it safe too much. I need to work on that because a single troublesome minion can ruin your day if your opponent isn't laughably behind.
Additionally I took out one forked lightning and added an unbound elemental as well as a harvest golem instead of Hogger, which I don't have. Reason is I found myself unable to do anything to put up pressure before turn 4 or sth (and that's still just a taz dingo) and often falling behind too much before I get board control. The golem is just a nice 1vs1 and the elemental scares the crap out of everyone early game :P
I'm curious about your thoughts on that. Again many thanks for sharing!
Edited by Elmoe on 2/25/2014 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
Video please? Or can you refer me to some other control Shaman on twitch?

Having some trouble timing my lightning storms and feral spirits really. Seems to always delay that crucial Fire Elemental on T6.
Reply Quote
could you replace a hogger with a black knight, because the only legendaries i have at the moment are ysera and the black knight, i mean, is the taunt really necessary
Reply Quote
01/31/2015 06:29 PMPosted by EquinoxGm
could you replace a hogger with a black knight, because the only legendaries i have at the moment are ysera and the black knight, i mean, is the taunt really necessary

Take a look at the date on the original post.

Odds are this deck will not work in the current meta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]